BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Dating - Good/Bad Experiences

07-20-2020, 10:27 PM   #6931
Jordan's World
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i M-Sport Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post

Had a great texting conversation going with a nice redhead named Cynthia. Everything was going well until I asked to give me a moment for a bio break. She said yes and I replied thanks Cunthia without realizing it. When I came back I was blocked. The Y and the U are definitely next to each other on the keyboard. Ah well.
Lmfao... that was great!

Good riddance though. She could have at least messaged you back and been like "Wow that was RUDE," (or something along those lines) and then you could have dug yourself out on a lighter note.

Immediately blocking you over that seems ridiculous to me, but it's pretty funny, lol.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34183.50
      07-21-2020, 06:42 AM   #6932
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan's World View Post
Lmfao... that was great!

Good riddance though. She could have at least messaged you back and been like "Wow that was RUDE," (or something along those lines) and then you could have dug yourself out on a lighter note.

Immediately blocking you over that seems ridiculous to me, but it's pretty funny, lol.
This leads me to another topic that has been tumbling around the skull. How do younger people intend to make a relationship work these days if their initial reaction, to something they disagree with, is to terminate all communication within a second? Seriously, the first sign of something they don't like and rather than discuss, create some dialogue and talk it out; before you even know what's going on, you're blocked and they are already talking to someone else. I'm a firm believer that this part of the problem. How are people supposed to have the mindset of discussing our problems and sorting them out if there is no fight but only flight?
Appreciate 4
      07-21-2020, 07:20 AM   #6933
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
This leads me to another topic that has been tumbling around the skull. How do younger people intend to make a relationship work these days if their initial reaction, to something they disagree with, is to terminate all communication within a second? Seriously, the first sign of something they don't like and rather than discuss, create some dialogue and talk it out; before you even know what's going on, you're blocked and they are already talking to someone else. I'm a firm believer that this part of the problem. How are people supposed to have the mindset of discussing our problems and sorting them out if there is no fight but only flight?
I'm relatively young, and still believe that social media is the downfall of society. Younger people become infatuated with what they see on instagram and the alike. When it comes to fight or flight the option is always the latter, because it is easier and they feel they are entitled to more. Sickening to an extent. If I ever become single again I doubt I'd ever tough those dating apps, they destroy ones self esteem if they allow it too (obviously this doesnt apply to all). I on the other hand love conflicts, there is a right and a wrong way to handle everything, but they are intellectually satisfying (as long as the opposing party isn't automatically offended by the thought of idea that are different then their own).
Appreciate 6
cmyx6go15692.00
King Rudi13154.00
vreihen1615182.50
      07-21-2020, 08:43 AM   #6934
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
I'm relatively young, and still believe that social media is the downfall of society. Younger people become infatuated with what they see on instagram and the alike. When it comes to fight or flight the option is always the latter, because it is easier and they feel they are entitled to more. Sickening to an extent. If I ever become single again I doubt I'd ever tough those dating apps, they destroy ones self esteem if they allow it too (obviously this doesnt apply to all). I on the other hand love conflicts, there is a right and a wrong way to handle everything, but they are intellectually satisfying (as long as the opposing party isn't automatically offended by the thought of idea that are different then their own).
I believe we are probably close in age (I turn 30 in a few days), and I agree that social media has become the downfall of society. Sure, there are plenty of good points about it (like this forum), but for the most part it is used in a negative way. As a single guy, dating apps and social media have changed dating forever, in a very negative way. Women are constantly approached by a never-ending line of men who usually turn out to be temporary, but they have obviously no way of knowing that usually until it's too late, causing the more long-term guys to be pushed aside. They also use social media as a form of comfort to check in and make sure someone is "legit" and not a rapist (as if rapists don't have Facebook?). I deleted my Facebook during college, and it actually had a very different impact on my dating life then. Women thought it was "mysterious" and interesting. Now people just think you are a looney, out of touch with modern society, etc, and dismiss you if you don't have any social media.

I'll admit I use Facebook to keep in touch with distant family members occasionally, or to buy/sell stuff on marketplace, and snapchat with a few car guy friends to share pics of car stuff. Never instagram, and never twitter. In fact I wish I never got on Facebook or snapchat, but the way I live with it is to never post anything, have only 3-4 non-assuming pictures, and very little information on there.
Appreciate 4
vreihen1615182.50
JP102463.00
      07-21-2020, 09:09 AM   #6935
Jordan's World
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i M-Sport Coupe

Quote:
Yes, that’s a great question. The 'cancel culture' mindset. I don't know the answer, but I've always wondered if it has anything to do with decreasing attention spans. Why worry about the implications of my actions and problem solve (that’s too much work and requires focus,) when I can just swipe away my problems and find something that makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside?

And let's not forget about the influx of pussies in the 21st century. All birthed from men pandering to woman online because they think it will get them laid eventually. It’s not just young people though, look online, a lot of these “people” are far from kids. It easy to place the blame on the younger generations, but it has clearly affected everyone’s ability to think critically.
Appreciate 3
King Rudi13154.00
vreihen1615182.50
      07-21-2020, 09:23 AM   #6936
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Yes, that’s a great question. The 'cancel culture' mindset. I don't know the answer, but I've always wondered if it has anything to do with decreasing attention spans. Why worry about the implications of my actions and problem solve (that’s too much work and requires focus,) when I can just swipe away my problems and find something that makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside?

And let's not forget about the influx of pussies in the 21st century. All birthed from men pandering to woman online because they think it will get them laid eventually. It’s not just young people though, look online, a lot of these “people” are far from kids. It easy to place the blame on the younger generations, but it has clearly affected everyone’s ability to think critically.
It's absolutely different age groups of people all acting in the same way. I have an aunt who is in her early 40's who is one of those rabid Facebook posters, constantly craving attention. She was that way before Facebook ever existed, and my father and his other 5 siblings who are all somewhat normal will say it was the way she specifically was raised (she is the youngest).
Appreciate 2
      07-21-2020, 09:28 AM   #6937
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20

Best way of jacking it up is a a pillow or cushion I found. Put that under her butt and you can go a whole lot deeper.
Appreciate 1
      07-21-2020, 09:54 AM   #6938
AreWeThereYet?
Rep
Drives: It has 4 wheels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul_Glo View Post
Best way of jacking it up is a a pillow or cushion I found. Put that under her butt and you can go a whole lot deeper.
Quote:
Duly noted!!!!

I can't wait to try this tip of yours since I could use all the help I can get
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      07-21-2020, 10:04 AM   #6939
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
You tell a sweetheart of a girl that it won't work out, but deep down you know it's just the fact she's vegetarian through her family and it just feels weird to order meat even though she doesn't mind it.

Then you see her post through a friend with a considerably uglier guy than you meaning you probably had a real shot with a gf material girl with a dad that likes you AND builds custom bikes on top of being a very cool guy. All while she's very organized and just opposites of where one would consider themselves lacking, but similar enough on some stuff to potentially have a connection.

That's when you realize maybe you should review your strategy on how/why you reject people right after the second date.
Appreciate 2
Soul_Glo13346.00
King Rudi13154.00
      07-21-2020, 11:59 AM   #6940
qba335i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Hot boy summer...

Appreciate 2
yco5724.50
      07-21-2020, 12:02 PM   #6941
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Wait, you aren't really applying this situation, especially the "younger people" to our old pal MKSixer

right?

RIGHT?????

Asking about a friend
Appreciate 4
King Rudi13154.00
MKSixer34183.50
Soul_Glo13346.00
      07-21-2020, 12:19 PM   #6942
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I could not agree more regarding social media. Honestly, I feel that it should be referred to as anti-social media. I can't tell you the number of times that I have walked past people that I was friends with on facebook and they act as if they don't know you in public, but like and comment on posts. Not only in the dating world but just in general, social media has made the younger generations so socially inept that it seems like an excercise in futility to try and have an actual conversation with people......and if you are able to successfully have a conversation with someone and social media not be a topic, that's like winning a golden ticket. I can't disagree to a single point you have made here.

BTW, how old are you? I assume you and I are very close in age.

Quote:

Jordan, you are exactly right! The sad thing is that what people dismiss are the things that will create memories, what these potential memories or relationships are tossed aside for are simple mindless dopamine dumps that they won't even remember 5 minutes from now.

As for the simps, I was talking to a younger girl at work a few weeks ago and noticed that she had on some cool sneakers. I told her that I liked her shoes and she started laughing. She then told me some guy that was trying to smash bought them for her thinking she would sleep with him. She accepted the shoes as a gift then blocked the guy. I don't know how I feel about this. She shouldn't have accepted them if she wasn't interested; but then again, if the guy is that stupid......

I can see the point made by others that it isn't just younger people. Case in point the lady I share an office with is in her 60's & is on facebook at least 6 hours of the 8 hours she's at work. She is also one of those people that can't have a conversation with anyone, without mentioning facebook. The vast majority of her conversations start with, "Did you see on facebook...." It's freaking maddening!

Quote:
Also makes for some good g-spot stimulation dependiing on how the two of you are made. Works well for me....and for her. We actually used this method last night. I prefer a full size body pillow, but we were at her place so I had to improvise. This also works well if she's on her stomach and the pillow is placed just below her belly, basically in front of her hips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post
You tell a sweetheart of a girl that it won't work out, but deep down you know it's just the fact she's vegetarian through her family and it just feels weird to order meat even though she doesn't mind it.

Then you see her post through a friend with a considerably uglier guy than you meaning you probably had a real shot with a gf material girl with a dad that likes you AND builds custom bikes on top of being a very cool guy. All while she's very organized and just opposites of where one would consider themselves lacking, but similar enough on some stuff to potentially have a connection.

That's when you realize maybe you should review your strategy on how/why you reject people right after the second date.
Pickle I feel like perhaps a phone call or text might be in order. It's never too late to apologize to someone. At the same time, stop living in the past and get your ass to Cali and make some stories for us.
Appreciate 1
      07-21-2020, 12:20 PM   #6943
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Wait, you aren't really applying this situation, especially the "younger people" to our old pal MKSixer

right?

RIGHT?????

Asking about a friend
No......so you are correct.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34183.50
      07-21-2020, 03:33 PM   #6944
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Jordan, you are exactly right! The sad thing is that what people dismiss are the things that will create memories, what these potential memories or relationships are tossed aside for are simple mindless dopamine dumps that they won't even remember 5 minutes from now.

As for the simps, I was talking to a younger girl at work a few weeks ago and noticed that she had on some cool sneakers. I told her that I liked her shoes and she started laughing. She then told me some guy that was trying to smash bought them for her thinking she would sleep with him. She accepted the shoes as a gift then blocked the guy. I don't know how I feel about this. She shouldn't have accepted them if she wasn't interested; but then again, if the guy is that stupid......

I can see the point made by others that it isn't just younger people. Case in point the lady I share an office with is in her 60's & is on facebook at least 6 hours of the 8 hours she's at work. She is also one of those people that can't have a conversation with anyone, without mentioning facebook. The vast majority of her conversations start with, "Did you see on facebook...." It's freaking maddening!

Pickle I feel like perhaps a phone call or text might be in order. It's never too late to apologize to someone. At the same time, stop living in the past and get your ass to Cali and make some stories for us.
It's been a year man, I'm over it but it's definitely a fuck up I have to own and move forward accordingly - hope that makes sense.

re: simps - they are fucking awesome what do you mean? Ever get a text from a girl you're seeing telling her doormat got her a birthday cake and to come over to enjoy some cake with her?

I still think she's horrible for that and I told her to stop because some guys never learn but hey, I had some dope cake I can't complain!
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13154.00
BimBimM21486.00
      07-21-2020, 04:10 PM   #6945
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
It's been a year man, I'm over it but it's definitely a fuck up I have to own and move forward accordingly - hope that makes sense.

re: simps - they are fucking awesome what do you mean? Ever get a text from a girl you're seeing telling her doormat got her a birthday cake and to come over to enjoy some cake with her?

I still think she's horrible for that and I told her to stop because some guys never learn but hey, I had some dope cake I can't complain!
Makes perfect sense sir. No elaboration needed.

As for simps, I can't disagree with you. I would imagine that a good percentage of the ladies that I have met or had encounters with throughout the years were most likely driven to me or at least appreciated by my company based off solely off of other men trying so damn hard. Which brings me to my next point, gentlemen, if you feel like you need to buy a girl something to get something in return; you need to change your mindset. If I didn't have a girlfriend, I'd say thank you; but other women are of no concern to me.
Appreciate 1
      07-22-2020, 06:47 AM   #6946
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
I believe we are probably close in age (I turn 30 in a few days), and I agree that social media has become the downfall of society. Sure, there are plenty of good points about it (like this forum), but for the most part it is used in a negative way. As a single guy, dating apps and social media have changed dating forever, in a very negative way. Women are constantly approached by a never-ending line of men who usually turn out to be temporary, but they have obviously no way of knowing that usually until it's too late, causing the more long-term guys to be pushed aside. They also use social media as a form of comfort to check in and make sure someone is "legit" and not a rapist (as if rapists don't have Facebook?). I deleted my Facebook during college, and it actually had a very different impact on my dating life then. Women thought it was "mysterious" and interesting. Now people just think you are a looney, out of touch with modern society, etc, and dismiss you if you don't have any social media.

I'll admit I use Facebook to keep in touch with distant family members occasionally, or to buy/sell stuff on marketplace, and snapchat with a few car guy friends to share pics of car stuff. Never instagram, and never twitter. In fact I wish I never got on Facebook or snapchat, but the way I live with it is to never post anything, have only 3-4 non-assuming pictures, and very little information on there.
Agree with everything you have posted. People are constantly looking for reassurance through social media. Why can't people just strive for what makes them happy rather then what they think could impress others. Results in a very negative way of living, constantly comparing.... Frustrating that I'm looped into the group just by age haha.

I'm a few years younger then you. Never had facebook/instagram/etc, only form of social media I do have is snap chat. But really these days I use it to keep in touch with friends back in PA as I'm down in SC now. Also use it to stay in touch with the family, my dad and brother are constantly off shore, so allows us to snap if they have signal.

Quote:
I could not agree more regarding social media. Honestly, I feel that it should be referred to as anti-social media. I can't tell you the number of times that I have walked past people that I was friends with on facebook and they act as if they don't know you in public, but like and comment on posts. Not only in the dating world but just in general, social media has made the younger generations so socially inept that it seems like an excercise in futility to try and have an actual conversation with people......and if you are able to successfully have a conversation with someone and social media not be a topic, that's like winning a golden ticket. I can't disagree to a single point you have made here.

BTW, how old are you? I assume you and I are very close in age.
I'm a young bull Rudi, but have the mind set of an old head. I was luckily instilled with strong work ethic from a young age. Grew up listening to classic rock and the alike. Don't get me wrong, I was definitely immature through highschool and college, but once introduced to the real world those life lessons I was taught young came rising up. I always wished my dad and grandfather would stop blabbering, but later in life you realize what they were trying to tell you. You realize the games are over and it's time to get down to business (contrary to popular belief, work can be a good time as well!). Unfortunately these days people have a tough time realizing the fun and games are over and understanding they actually need to pursue something in order to get anywhere in life. I enjoy the fight, and have always been a strong believer in Darwinism (in a more logical sense rather then wanting to fight everyone haha). I somewhat look down on those that rely on social media, tell-tail sign of a weak mind.

As much as I sound like I stickler, hope no one takes all of this at face value. Obviously I still have a blast and enjoy myself over the weekends, when I'm not working at least, but when Monday rolls around I'm ready to make some money!
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      07-22-2020, 08:07 AM   #6947
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Agree with everything you have posted. People are constantly looking for reassurance through social media. Why can't people just strive for what makes them happy rather then what they think could impress others. Results in a very negative way of living, constantly comparing.... Frustrating that I'm looped into the group just by age haha.

I'm a few years younger then you. Never had facebook/instagram/etc, only form of social media I do have is snap chat. But really these days I use it to keep in touch with friends back in PA as I'm down in SC now. Also use it to stay in touch with the family, my dad and brother are constantly off shore, so allows us to snap if they have signal.

I'm a young bull Rudi, but have the mind set of an old head. I was luckily instilled with strong work ethic from a young age. Grew up listening to classic rock and the alike. Don't get me wrong, I was definitely immature through highschool and college, but once introduced to the real world those life lessons I was taught young came rising up. I always wished my dad and grandfather would stop blabbering, but later in life you realize what they were trying to tell you. You realize the games are over and it's time to get down to business (contrary to popular belief, work can be a good time as well!). Unfortunately these days people have a tough time realizing the fun and games are over and understanding they actually need to pursue something in order to get anywhere in life. I enjoy the fight, and have always been a strong believer in Darwinism (in a more logical sense rather then wanting to fight everyone haha). I somewhat look down on those that rely on social media, tell-tail sign of a weak mind.

As much as I sound like I stickler, hope no one takes all of this at face value. Obviously I still have a blast and enjoy myself over the weekends, when I'm not working at least, but when Monday rolls around I'm ready to make some money!
Sounds like you're a damn slave driver.

I kid, I kid. We sound like we were cut from the same cloth. Same experiences as a young lad. Was taught to work hard and the value of a dollar at an early age, love to work and make money, but enjoy having an equally good time while doing it. I have the same drive and motivation and tend to look down on those who have none as well.
Appreciate 3
JP102463.00
BimBimM21486.00
      07-22-2020, 11:02 AM   #6948
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

I may not have taught my son everything, but he did learn early on that getting some work in on the weekend, and getting dirty, can all be washed off in the shower, then you go have a good dinner.
Appreciate 1
      07-27-2020, 01:16 AM   #6949
213e90n51
Banned
South Georgia and South Sandwich Islands
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 328i, Honda Civic Hat

Garage List
2009 328i  [0.00]
2019 M4  [0.00]
2019 Honda Civic Ha ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
You're getting up there in cost my dude, I hope she's hot and puts out.

Call me a negative Nancy, but I'd personally never travel out of state for a random (I assume random bc IG) during normal times, let alone during a global pandemic.

I'd just rent the Z4 locally and hop on tinder.
Oh no I completely agree with you. Traveling out of state for someone just sounds odd, and has been so since day 1, but I figured why the hell not. I've been looking at events/stuff I can do, I don't intend to spend every second with her anyway. Call it my vacation for this summer

Plus if shit hits the fan and I don't want to go I can get out of all three arrangements up to the day before with 100% refunds so I have a month to really make or break my plans.
if you come to california i say Hi and u can eat spicy food
Appreciate 2
      07-27-2020, 06:39 AM   #6950
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 213e90n51 View Post
if you come to california i say Hi and u can eat spicy food
Jealous! Turkish Pickle gets an open invite to party with this animal! Pickle, blow off the girl, spend as much time with this gent as possible and report back.
Appreciate 4
      07-27-2020, 11:42 AM   #6951
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
@King Rudi thinking of putting the pic on instagram to my tinder with the bio "help me form my cheerleader team"

sucks i don't have a full body pic but that bio + either of those pictures should work - what do you think?
Appreciate 2
      07-27-2020, 12:06 PM   #6952
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
@King Rudi thinking of putting the pic on instagram to my tinder with the bio "help me form my cheerleader team"

sucks i don't have a full body pic but that bio + either of those pictures should work - what do you think?
I would only pic one of them to use personally. The lambo pic is nice, but I'd go with the Ferrari shot if it were me. Not sure that I'd use that bio though.

I gotta ask, where did you drive those and how was the experience? I've never driven anything like either.
Appreciate 1