BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Dating - Good/Bad Experiences

11-26-2018, 11:10 AM   #2179
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayerische Motoren Werke View Post
amazing how some stuff stays the same, year after year...
but I completely agree with you, "repeat" girls were usually ones I found through clubs/classes whereas ONS happens from going out. I have actually ran into red flags every single fkn time I tried to have someone come over after a ONS, and not like ghosted but like "holy shit she's actually not a decent human being"
The first girl I met at a bar seemed cool at first, then it became very obvious she had a drug problem. If they are willing to do drugs, think of the other things they are not informing you about. The STD thread comes to mind.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 1
      11-26-2018, 11:12 AM   #2180
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Although I knew her from HS, I "connected" with my first wife in a local bar.

So I guess what you all are saying about bars is true
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      11-26-2018, 11:14 AM   #2181
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
I'll agree with all of this. I must say that I have never picked up or dated anyone from a bar. The funny thing is that anytime I've ever been in a bar, anyone outside of the people that I'm with all act like I am an outsider of some kind. Personally, I'm ok with this; I wouldn't date anyone who is known by everyone in a bar anyway. In my opinion, those that frequent bars are the same people that you constantly see on apps like POF - the ones that complain that there are no real men left and are constantly in and out of bad relationships. I guess this touches on the point you made about quality of people.
Many of those women just make poor choices. They have no job or a minimum wage job, drink heavily, smoke, had a kid at 16 with some guy they dated for a month, etc, yet believe the world owes them something. Don't subject yourself to that drama.

Appreciate 2
      11-26-2018, 11:18 AM   #2182
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
The first girl I met at a bar seemed cool at first, then it became very obvious she had a drug problem. If they are willing to do drugs, think of the other things they are not informing you about. The STD thread comes to mind.
haha the first girl i hooked up with on campus said it was on her bucket list to do coke before finishing college
never really saw her after end of freshman year, wonder if she ever did coke or told her then-current boyfriend she was cheating?
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2018, 11:21 AM   #2183
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Many of those women just make poor choices. They have no job or a minimum wage job, drink heavily, smoke, had a kid at 16 with some guy they dated for a month, etc, yet believe the world owes them something. Don't subject yourself to that drama.
Could not agree more! These are the women that trap guys that can't/don't get laid or have poor self esteem. Unfortunately in the area that I live in the women you just described make up the vast majority of the population of single ladies. I've come realize, that by our age, the ones worth having are already taken. It's a very small number of women and men who are good people that have just fallen on unfortunate circumstances and end up single.

Then there are the wild cards that enjoy being single because they refuse to put themselves in situations with bad people and it just isn't worth it.
Appreciate 1
      11-26-2018, 11:23 AM   #2184
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
haha the first girl i hooked up with on campus said it was on her bucket list to do coke before finishing college
never really saw her after end of freshman year, wonder if she ever did coke or told her then-current boyfriend she was cheating?
Yup, just shitty people. If your aspiration before graduating is to do coke, you're doing it wrong. Hope you wrapped it.

Appreciate 1
      11-26-2018, 11:39 AM   #2185
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yup, just shitty people. If your aspiration before graduating is to do coke, you're doing it wrong. Hope you wrapped it.
STD's come and go but kids stay for (at least) 18 years... so yeah, not risking that.

coming into college was a fun experience for me, especially hearing about how people find their wives/husbands in their undergrad etc i had hopes of basically "meeting my wife". didn't take long to realize that not a lot of these girls are "wife material" so i had to change my objectives
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      11-26-2018, 11:42 AM   #2186
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
STD's come and go but kids stay for (at least) 18 years... so yeah, not risking that.

coming into college was a fun experience for me, especially hearing about how people find their wives/husbands in their undergrad etc i had hopes of basically "meeting my wife". didn't take long to realize that not a lot of these girls are "wife material" so i had to change my objectives
You know how the divorce rate here is like 50%? Yeah those are all the people who met those non "wife material" women in their undergrad.

Appreciate 0
      11-26-2018, 12:01 PM   #2187
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
You know how the divorce rate here is like 50%? Yeah those are all the people who met those non "wife material" women in their undergrad.
dude marriage is so "binding" i don't get people who do that, i guess everyone has different definitions for "wife material"...

so many guys i know just want someone to cook and clean for them mostly because they can't and it's sad, honestly for that end the day i overcome my scare to iron my shirts i'll be all good. for now i just have a friend iron my shirts for me in return for sushi and wine
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2018, 12:07 PM   #2188
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
dude marriage is so "binding" i don't get people who do that, i guess everyone has different definitions for "wife material"...

so many guys i know just want someone to cook and clean for them mostly because they can't and it's sad, honestly for that end the day i overcome my scare to iron my shirts i'll be all good. for now i just have a friend iron my shirts for me in return for sushi and wine
Hahahaha ironing is easy my man. Just don't burn anything and you are good.

Appreciate 1
      11-26-2018, 12:33 PM   #2189
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:

Some STD's stick with you sir....for life.

Quote:

I agree with the marriage thing. Marriage, the house, white picket fence, etc. is an ideology that worked in the 50's but not so much these days. Marriage is betting half of your assets that the other person isn't going to cheat on you or either of you can no longer stomach the other. Not very good odds. I'll pass.
Appreciate 1
      11-26-2018, 12:37 PM   #2190
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep
Drives: like I stole it! (11 m3 E93)

Quote:
Quote:

I don't even own an iron. I use a small travel steamer. You should try that.
Appreciate 1
      11-26-2018, 01:04 PM   #2191
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Some STD's stick with you sir....for life.

I agree with the marriage thing. Marriage, the house, white picket fence, etc. is an ideology that worked in the 50's but not so much these days. Marriage is betting half of your assets that the other person isn't going to cheat on you or either of you can no longer stomach the other. Not very good odds. I'll pass.
Honestly I like the idea of owning a house because I want to be able to work on my car and I love having guests over but I'm like 99% sure I don't need to be married for that.
And I'm not too good with trusting people; I can just see that at some point I'll get used to the "comfort", she'll slip and that's that... Not looking forward to that yet hahah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmette View Post
I don't even own an iron. I use a small travel steamer. You should try that.
I just bought one! Hopefully it'll help. Thanks!
Appreciate 1
bimmette6452.50
      11-26-2018, 01:15 PM   #2192
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Honestly I like the idea of owning a house because I want to be able to work on my car and I love having guests over but I'm like 99% sure I don't need to be married for that.!
That's what I love about having a house. I can wash an oil pan in my kitchen sink if I want, and nobody can say anything.

Of course, I'm a neat freak so that would never happen... and why I installed a garage sink lol.

Appreciate 2
      11-26-2018, 01:28 PM   #2193
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
That's what I love about having a house. I can wash an oil pan in my kitchen sink if I want, and nobody can say anything.

Of course, I'm a neat freak so that would never happen... and why I installed a garage sink lol.
I ordered new wipers for my car from amazon, and they came in a weird box. Taking the package in the front door dude asked me what it was, told him it was a wiper, he "reminded" me that working on my car was a $500 fine and changing the wipers would be considered "working" on my car.

So I drove all the way out to a nearby walmart, changed my wipers and the recirc motor for the AC, and came back... I'd like to be able to do minor stuff like this in my house. Not even mentioning an oil change which took an hour at a mechanic friend's shop and cost me $75 including the new filter... :I
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2018, 02:17 PM   #2194
byroncheung
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 m3, 997.2 c2s, x166 GL450

Quote:
I ordered new wipers for my car from amazon, and they came in a weird box. Taking the package in the front door dude asked me what it was, told him it was a wiper, he "reminded" me that working on my car was a $500 fine and changing the wipers would be considered "working" on my car.

So I drove all the way out to a nearby walmart, changed my wipers and the recirc motor for the AC, and came back... I'd like to be able to do minor stuff like this in my house. Not even mentioning an oil change which took an hour at a mechanic friend's shop and cost me $75 including the new filter... :I
wtf is sticking a ez-pass to the windshield working on your car too?
Appreciate 1
      11-26-2018, 02:20 PM   #2195
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Honestly I like the idea of owning a house because I want to be able to work on my car and I love having guests over but I'm like 99% sure I don't need to be married for that.
And I'm not too good with trusting people; I can just see that at some point I'll get used to the "comfort", she'll slip and that's that... Not looking forward to that yet hahah.

I just bought one! Hopefully it'll help. Thanks!
Don't buy a house. You never really own anything. You'll pay taxes and all the money that you want to spend on your car you'll end up spending on your house. Unless you pay cash for your home, renting/leasing is not as bad as our society wants you to believe it is. You can rent a condo with a garage attached to work on your car and not be liable for all the little extra expenditures that come along with home ownership. I paid cash for my house 4 years ago and honestly wish that I hadn't I have no time for anything. In the spring it's landscaping, then mowing twice a week along with weed-eating, pruning, hedging, etc. In the fall/winter it's cleaning up leaves. Not to mention all the small little home repairs such as replacing light fixtures, water leaks, appliance failures/replacement. What I'm saving in rent/lease payments I'm paying for in repairs/up-keep. Owning a home and keeping it maintained is a full-time job in itself.
Appreciate 1
________4157.00
      11-26-2018, 02:21 PM   #2196
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by byroncheung View Post
wtf is sticking a ez-pass to the windshield working on your car too?
I was going to ask that. My friend got yelled at for airing her tires up outside her apartment once. Funny because I had to check the oil in my Jeep there once and the same guy didn't say shit to me.

Appreciate 0
      11-26-2018, 02:24 PM   #2197
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:

I need a garage sink badly. It's on my to-do list followed by new shingles, floors and remodeling bathrooms.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2018, 02:28 PM   #2198
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Don't buy a house. You never really own anything. You'll pay taxes and all the money that you want to spend on your car you'll end up spending on your house. Unless you pay cash for your home, renting/leasing is not as bad as our society wants you to believe it is. You can rent a condo with a garage attached to work on your car and not be liable for all the little extra expenditures that come along with home ownership. I paid cash for my house 4 years ago and honestly wish that I hadn't I have no time for anything. In the spring it's landscaping, then mowing twice a week along with weed-eating, pruning, hedging, etc. In the fall/winter it's cleaning up leaves. Not to mention all the small little home repairs such as replacing light fixtures, water leaks, appliance failures/replacement. What I'm saving in rent/lease payments I'm paying for in repairs/up-keep. Owning a home and keeping it maintained is a full-time job in itself.
This. I'm lucky in that I'm pretty handy and can fix stuff myself. I also got a good deal, but this is true. Owning a home in many areas also isn't the investment it once was. My parents have been in their current house 10 years in January. They could probably break even if they tried to sell their house right now. Luckily for me a friend will be renting soon, so that helps, and I enjoy working out in the yard, etc.

Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      11-26-2018, 02:39 PM   #2199
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Depending on the location though, there is capital appreciation that far outstrips the costs of these minor repairs when you go to sell. That is something that you don't have renting.

I'm not keen on renting though - unless it is short term (ie. 1-2 years to figure out where you want to live / whether job will work out), then it makes sense.

We've had our house for 4 years now, and its probably worth about $300K more than what we purchased it for. We've probably spent about $60K over that period with the new roof, generator, and some minor stuff. So I'll take that any day of the week.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      11-26-2018, 02:40 PM   #2200
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
This. I'm lucky in that I'm pretty handy and can fix stuff myself. I also got a good deal, but this is true. Owning a home in many areas also isn't the investment it once was. My parents have been in their current house 10 years in January. They could probably break even if they tried to sell their house right now. Luckily for me a friend will be renting soon, so that helps, and I enjoy working out in the yard, etc.
I don't mind the yard work as long as I don't have other shit that I need to be doing. Between the house, the girlfriend and working 50+ hours/week and most recently started going to the gym, I have no time left in my day. It's almost comical that work has become my downtime.

This reminds me of yet another money pit, repairing lawn mowers, weed-eaters, buying new equipment as the stuff you bought 2-3 years ago doesn't work anymore. I dropped $1800 this weekend on a new washer/dryer because the set I bought in 20013 no longer works. I would say "I remember when...." but that's only going to prove how damn old I am now.
Appreciate 0