BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Dating - Good/Bad Experiences

01-07-2019, 02:17 PM   #2817
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
Exactly. My problem in this situation is that I continued to allow it to happen over how I felt about her. Everyone, even her family warned me of what the outcome would be. I'm just glad she is now someone else's problem to deal with. I feel sorry for that poor bastard.
oh i know this all too well
you don't realize how bad it was when your fraternity brothers literally tell you to drop her before she renames your contact to "free food" on her phone and you just pass those comments because they're "jealous". jesus

Quote:
I feel no sympathy for her, nor do I concern myself with it at all these days. At one time I often wondered what I could do in order to express my disdain for the events that transpired. It was just a few months later that I realized that the best thing for me to do was live my life. Revenge would only show that I care enough to seek revenge. By doing nothing at all would show that it was killing me to keep it bottled in and yet this still would have some form of control over my life. What I eventually did was improve myself. Not for her, but for me. I now live my life by a standard of what makes me happy rather than wondering how others would perceive my actions. I've come to find that those who used to hate me now respect me, those that used to be friends I found were merely acquaintances and at the end of the day the only person that any of it matters to is me. I listen clearly now when people speak as the words they mutter aren't what they are actually saying. Things that I used to take solace and comfort in were only deterrents of what I needed to be accomplishing in life.

She may have wrecked my life emotionally and financially but it was my fault for allowing it to happen. At the end of it all, she only made me a better man; all the while she only be who she is and nothing more. As much as I hate to say it, I owe who I am today to her for making me stronger. I don't feel that she did any of the things that she did in order to just straight up hurt me.....well, she did on a few accounts but I feel like she is nothing more than a troubled soul looking for others to heal her. By living life in this fashion she will never find peace as she will expect others to bring it to her, she has to find it on her own. Whether she does or doesn't is on her and is no longer any of my concern.
on the flip side, i'm with you on that. as much as a shitty experience it was it made me who i am today in terms of dealing with girls.

hell, one of my closest friends now has an orbiter we call the "doormat". doormat sends her expensive gifts every now and then, and i basically make fun of him for being a doormat because those guys rarely learn, but the kid sends prime chicago popcorn., many times i told her to drop it and be upfront with the dude that she's literally just using him and every single fucking time she came up with an excuse not to... recently she told me that after putting a story with her ex the kid basically stopped responding and asked me for help on how to win his darling doormat back, and i told her to not to because i feel bad for the kid... i wish he didn't learn it this way but the truth hurts sometimes
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13152.00
      01-07-2019, 02:31 PM   #2818
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PshhhhhMW View Post
Totally agree. People have been programmed for years making them believe they have to follow a time line for getting married, have kids, and purchasing a home. I tell all my friends all that ideology was designed to control people.
I don't think it was necessarily designed to control people. I mean in a perfect world it would make sense, but we all know the world isn't perfect, especially not our "justice" system, which heavily favors women in terms of divorce.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      01-07-2019, 02:35 PM   #2819
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayerische Motoren Werke View Post
oh i know this all too well
you don't realize how bad it was when your fraternity brothers literally tell you to drop her before she renames your contact to "free food" on her phone and you just pass those comments because they're "jealous". jesus

on the flip side, i'm with you on that. as much as a shitty experience it was it made me who i am today in terms of dealing with girls.

hell, one of my closest friends now has an orbiter we call the "doormat". doormat sends her expensive gifts every now and then, and i basically make fun of him for being a doormat because those guys rarely learn, but the kid sends prime chicago popcorn., many times i told her to drop it and be upfront with the dude that she's literally just using him and every single fucking time she came up with an excuse not to... recently she told me that after putting a story with her ex the kid basically stopped responding and asked me for help on how to win his darling doormat back, and i told her to not to because i feel bad for the kid... i wish he didn't learn it this way but the truth hurts sometimes
There are still a few people with strong morals and values out there, don't lose hope. I know quite a few of them and I'm thankful to have them in my life. With that said, there are many, many people who will use you until they can't anymore and then find the next guy to use. This is true in relationships, employers, corporations, etc.

Appreciate 3
King Rudi13152.00
bimmette6452.50
      01-07-2019, 02:36 PM   #2820
PshhhhhMW
Major
Rep
Drives: 2021 Alpine White M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
I don't think it was necessarily designed to control people. I mean in a perfect world it would make sense, but we all know the world isn't perfect, especially not our "justice" system, which heavily favors women in terms of divorce.
I feel like it was taught to distract us and limit us.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2019, 02:36 PM   #2821
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Not always. Damn, he got the house, everything in it, half my 401K and lifetime alimony. I got to keep my vital organs though.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      01-07-2019, 02:41 PM   #2822
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
That's spot on! Nation of sheep we have become....myself included. We have all become reliant upon the facade that we go to school to learn, get a degree, enter the workforce, make a living, etc. Matrix type scenario. I'm to a point in life where this no longer works for me. A 50 hour work week, although I have a job many would love to have, is now becoming a downfall for me. I want to live my life and enjoy what I have versus simply working to maintain.
I think the "American Dream" has just transformed into this idealistic mentality, where you have everything you want and it is perfect, which we all know is impossible. The key to the "American dream" is being happy with yourself. Many people who in our eyes might have achieved this so called dream are often some of the most unhappiest people on the planet. Think of all the famous celebrities who end their lives by overdose and suicide. Money, possessions, success, infinite sexual encounters mean nothing if you hate life.

Appreciate 2
      01-07-2019, 02:42 PM   #2823
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
Not always. Damn, he got the house, everything in it, half my 401K and lifetime alimony. I got to keep my vital organs though.
Damn.

Appreciate 0
      01-07-2019, 02:44 PM   #2824
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I feel like it was taught to distract us and limit us.
You're right. I don't think the original intention of it was, but in today's society the dream has been turned into this idea of having everything/everyone we want without having to work for it. We can thank the media and consumerism for that.

Appreciate 1
PshhhhhMW554.00
      01-07-2019, 02:45 PM   #2825
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
There are still a few people with strong morals and values out there, don't lose hope. I know quite a few of them and I'm thankful to have them in my life. With that said, there are many, many people who will use you until they can't anymore and then find the next guy to use. This is true in relationships, employers, corporations, etc.
it is what it is my man, i can't say ive lost hope completely but more of a change of expectations along with a lessened sense of trust towards people in general.
my dad's a businessman and growing up i got a lot of tips on how to do business so i was/still am fairly good on that end, but with girls i never got to that so i had to fall and scrape my knee to learn not to... in the end it's working out though.

both of my closest buddies are such nice people it's almost eyewatering, especially assface. i call him that and he calls me dickweed (VERY long story) but other than that all three of us always look out for each other. the other guy is the guy that invited me to that party, btw. for jody: the guy on my last pic on insta

Quote:
i always thought you were a cool guy but now im realizing you're a cool gal...
i guess the rule of "no chicks are ever on the internet" is debunked again
Appreciate 1
cmyx6go15573.50
      01-07-2019, 02:48 PM   #2826
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
and honestly, i think that the american dream changed its meaning. if we're being pedantic it "experienced a paradigm shift"

used to be that you could start a life in america, and make bank, live the good life. now the "american dream" to so many kids i know is to have a nice house in the suburbs, 3 kids, 2 dogs, a "happy wife for a happy life!!" and maybe a fun/nice car. while im not going to shit on those who want those things out of life/define those as "success" i personally dont and i honestly even kinda find it sad, there's so much more to do with life than to own a dog or two and have multiple spoiled kids...
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      01-07-2019, 02:52 PM   #2827
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
I think the "American Dream" has just transformed into this idealistic mentality, where you have everything you want and it is perfect, which we all know is impossible. The key to the "American dream" is being happy with yourself. Many people who in our eyes might have achieved this so called dream are often some of the most unhappiest people on the planet. Think of all the famous celebrities who end their lives by overdose and suicide. Money, possessions, success, infinite sexual encounters mean nothing if you hate life.
I'll agree with this and went through this first hand. Nice house, nice car, good job, women beating the door down and I was miserable. Fast forward 3 years and I have realigned my thought process, I have never been happier in my 42 years.
Appreciate 1
      01-07-2019, 03:09 PM   #2828
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
I'm older than most of you. I got married young - 23. I took those words "Till death do us part" very seriously. Nice Catholic Italian girl, we don't get divorced. I stayed in a toxic relationship way longer than I should have. I felt I made my bed, I have to live with my choices. I don't necessarily agree that no one should get married, but I don't think anyone should marry until they are at least 30, and that may still be too young. You're still growing and changing and don't know who you are yet.
Appreciate 5
      01-07-2019, 03:12 PM   #2829
Naz24
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: W205 AMG C63 / E70 X5M

Quote:
I'm older than most of you. I got married young - 23. I took those words "Till death do us part" very seriously. Nice Catholic Italian girl, we don't get divorced. I stayed in a toxic relationship way longer than I should have. I felt I made my bed, I have to live with my choices. I don't necessarily agree that no one should get married, but I don't think anyone should marry until they are at least 30, and that may still be too young. You're still growing and changing and don't know who you are yet.
Best. Advice. Ever.

I've actually heard that recently divorce rates among 'us' millennials is going up because everybody moves in with eachother before getting engaged and get complacent, end up getting married, and the problems start.

2017 C63
2012 X5M
SOLD: 2015 M3; 2007 X3 M Sport; 2014 X3 M Sport 35i; 2004 X5 4.4i; 1994 325i
Appreciate 1
cmyx6go15573.50
      01-07-2019, 03:23 PM   #2830
gatorfast
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 718 Cayman

Man a lot of you guys are really jaded
Appreciate 1
upstatedoc7555.50
      01-07-2019, 03:38 PM   #2831
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
I'm older than most of you. I got married young - 23. I took those words "Till death do us part" very seriously. Nice Catholic Italian girl, we don't get divorced.
I was 25, and a mix of Irish and German. But after the first one was having someone else's child, there wasn't much pressure from the parental units to continue. The church taught forgiveness, but that just wasn't in the cards. I still don't know that I have been released of my vow, but I found another woman who took the commitment seriously, and we have been together for over 20 years.
My mom was willing to tell (lie) to the church if I went for an annulment that I was completely against the gift of children that God might choose to send to me. I just didn't really want the responsibility, and I couldn't have my mom lie on my behalf.

So where I was once a great candidate for godfather, now I am living a life of sin in a committed relationship, and NO ONE will tell me to my face that my son is a product of sin.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2019, 03:56 PM   #2832
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

going out with Kerie tonight to that new mexican place in town
Appreciate 1
      01-07-2019, 03:59 PM   #2833
IllSic_Design
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
Kerie

Lol, does every women in your city spell their name oddly, or you just can't spell?
Appreciate 2
      01-08-2019, 04:16 PM   #2834
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List

jesus christ, just watch the first 40 seconds im at a loss for words.
like okay until she's 30 sure maybe whatever but she's 56 now (apparently), charges $225 for 30mins of "companionship" and to be fair she's ugly too like lady, you're old. maybe instead of blaming the guys that don't want to have sex and call them low testesterone look inside? i'm not even going to mention how high test doesnt mean you simply want to fuck anything that moves smh

how in the fuck are we "younger kids" supposed to look for commitment when people quite literally older than my mom pulls this shit? like what the fuck??

Last edited by Turkish Pickle; 01-08-2019 at 04:40 PM.. Reason: properly embedding youtube video
Appreciate 3
Dackelone10511.00
King Rudi13152.00
      01-08-2019, 05:18 PM   #2835
Dogeeseegod
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 Blue Water 128i-6

Millennials are actually marrying near their 30's and are experiencing a lower divorce rate than previous generations. I agree that you guys do seem a bit jaded. It might be a good reminder that you shouldn't limit yourself by the things you want in your perfect partner, rather, be open to good chemistry with someone, love them for what they can provide for you and forgive them for what they cannot. You just might find your soul mate in the place you least expect it.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2019, 06:39 PM   #2836
PshhhhhMW
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogeeseegod View Post
Millennials are actually marrying near their 30's and are experiencing a lower divorce rate than previous generations. I agree that you guys do seem a bit jaded. It might be a good reminder that you shouldn't limit yourself by the things you want in your perfect partner, rather, be open to good chemistry with someone, love them for what they can provide for you and forgive them for what they cannot. You just might find your soul mate in the place you least expect it.
You lost all credibility when you said soul mate. Call us jaded all you want but learn from all these stories. Millennials may be getting married later but one thing that's always going to remain the same is human nature. Marriage and the idea of soulmates was invented by Hollywood. Marriage was all about a financial partnership until Hollywood turned it into a fairytale and a whole industry was born

Can you find somebody that will come close to your idea of a soul mate? Sure! Just know that theres billions of people out there all with different up bringing and traumas experienced than you have which makes it super difficult to live happily ever after. The point is, its okay.

Just dont stay in a toxic relationship just to fulfill that idea of happily ever after and soul mates.
Appreciate 2
      01-08-2019, 07:20 PM   #2837
gatorfast
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 718 Cayman

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogeeseegod View Post
You lost all credibility when you said soul mate. Call us jaded all you want but learn from all these stories. Millennials may be getting married later but one thing that's always going to remain the same is human nature. Marriage and the idea of soulmates was invented by Hollywood. Marriage was all about a financial partnership until Hollywood turned it into a fairytale and a whole industry was born

Can you find somebody that will come close to your idea of a soul mate? Sure! Just know that theres billions of people out there all with different up bringing and traumas experienced than you have which makes it super difficult to live happily ever after. The point is, its okay.

Just dont stay in a toxic relationship just to fulfill that idea of happily ever after and soul mates.
lol dude you make it seem as if love doesn't exist. Do you not believe that two people can actually love each other?
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2019, 07:22 PM   #2838
PshhhhhMW
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorfast View Post
lol dude you make it seem as if love doesn't exist. Do you not believe that two people can actually love each other?
I do. What I don't believe in is soul mates. That's fairy tale junk. That's why I went with the billions of people in the world.
Appreciate 3
bimmette6452.50
King Rudi13152.00