BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > Driving freedom and pleasures are going bye bye.

06-14-2022, 04:13 PM   #23
M8Bimmer
Not a good Canadian sheep!
Rep
Drives: BMW M8 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyknot View Post
If you don't want to be caught speeding, get a white cargo van.
I swear I'm invisible to cops whatever my speed is.
As I see it, a white cargo van is no threat to his masculinity but the black Z4MC, oh yeah.
I don't speed when I'm in town, too many smart phone zombies wandering around but on the open highway, get out of my left lane.
Not to mention how the cops plead for dashcam footage of any incident people feel was "a wrong'. Oh BROTHER !!!
The only saving grace is the cops are too busy to follow up on these pathetic calls from scared to be on the road anyway driver. hahaha
I just added smoked covers to my plates to give me some advantage.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2022, 05:14 PM   #24
Steeler
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Built not Bought 04 Z4 VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by M8Bimmer View Post
Now you got me going....lol. I see you are another lover of that disaster.

That LRT is the worse idea this city ever had. If I was the King, and I should be, lol, I'd jail everyone responsible for voting it in. 800 million dollars to drive people to the mall. Northfield drive is now a joke completely.
It takes me 15 minutes some days to do a 5 minute drive. What a mistake that junk was.
I have to say that there is lots of pleasurable driving to be had once out of the tri city. Niagara Escarpment and Hockley to name a couple.
Heading to Rattlesnake now
W2A Intercooled Vortech V3Si, custom ducting, Alpha N, 60# Bosch,2.62 pulley, multi port WMI, Severn Tuning(pokeybritches), Tial, magnaflow,SS race muffler, 42 design,3.91LSD, H&R, Hotchkis,ST coils,Konis, Megan camber arms, AKG SS, Nylon mounts, Poly bushings, Carbon interior, CF Aero.APEX
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2022, 06:30 PM   #25
M8Bimmer
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler View Post
I have to say that there is lots of pleasurable driving to be had once out of the tri city. Niagara Escarpment and Hockley to name a couple.
Heading to Rattlesnake now
Yes those are nice roads. Driven them many times. But they hardly compare to really nice driving roads.
Trouble is we have so many people in southern Ontario that those roads are filled with the van and corolla set every time it's nice or weekends. 30 years ago before we started to import people by the plane load, driving here was pleasurable mostly. Now we are so over populated the road's are a parking lot.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2022, 07:21 PM   #26
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

Never been to Waterloo, but it sounds like any benefits from lower speed limits will be cancelled out by the threat of road raging BMW drivers…
Appreciate 1
M8Bimmer1246.50
      06-14-2022, 07:21 PM   #27
GoneIn4Secs
Banned
Rep
Drives: BSM F87 LCI (DCT)

What do you think is gonna happen when your EV is hooked into the grid , all those EV fanboys thinking it's going to be so great LMAO

No srsly, this is what happens when you vote for libtard cuck govts, YOU will be cucked in the end
Appreciate 6
NickyC17350.50
M8Bimmer1246.50
Germanauto9665.50
DrFerry6722.50
      06-14-2022, 07:28 PM   #28
Kowalski2011
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 135i-11E93-M3-01 Z3-91 M5

Garage List
1991 BMW M5  [9.38]
2011 BMW 135i  [7.00]
2001 BMW Z3 3.0i  [8.50]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Didn't want horse shit on the bimmer right...good plan.
Well it's a tough call of course. It involves religious freedom. I'm all for that. Fly a hot air balloon if it floats your religious boat right?
The issue is these folks drive these buggies, wagons, barges, bus like buggies and anything else they can bolt wheels to. Then attach an animal known for it ability to make it's own decisions. YIKES
Endless incidents. Endless deaths. Always worse once the snow is gone. Very hard to see these things at night in the country around the city.
Then you notice they are on their smart phone making a call. WTF is with that? no car...but a phone is ok.
Anyway it's dangerous to say the least. No insurance either.
Right, no horseshit for sure! I do also prefer to stay out of their neighborhood. Don't want to chance it. I got enough to look out for when I'm out for a fun drive. Can someone say 'DEER!'
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2022, 08:34 PM   #29
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneIn4Secs View Post
What do you think is gonna happen when your EV is hooked into the grid , all those EV fanboys thinking it's going to be so great LMAO

No srsly, this is what happens when you vote for libtard cuck govts, YOU will be cucked in the end
Well, someone will have to take care of the snowflakes like you, that’s for sure.
Appreciate 1
chris7197273.00
      06-14-2022, 09:54 PM   #30
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Quote:

EVs don’t need to be plugged in to move and your car already has an LTE radio in it. There is no difference. How stupid can you be?
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2022, 10:43 PM   #31
GoneIn4Secs
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris719 View Post
EVs don’t need to be plugged in to move and your car already has an LTE radio in it. There is no difference. How stupid can you be?
Sorry but you obviously arent aware that your EV cars are communicating back to company headquarters 24/7. My ICE cars control unit isnt wirelessly plugged into anything to the point if being able to be remote controlled,

For my comment about the grid, these are plans that the govts have to make stoplights and city grids electronically plugged into a central hub, whch would be comunicating directly with your car, relegating the driver as merely a passenger. There have been so called 'vision' concept cars of the future that have NO steering wheel

only a educated FOOL would not see where the writing on the wall is going, so who's the 'stupid' one?
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2022, 11:11 PM   #32
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Quote:
only a educated FOOL would not see where the writing on the wall is going, so who's the 'stupid' one?
You. Don't forget the tinfoil hat.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2022, 11:14 PM   #33
M8Bimmer
Rep

Sounds like driving will be some approved gov activity soon enough.
You get so many minutes of driving time for being a good boy. After all your activities for the week have been downloaded you will be assessed for "goodness".
If you are deemed "worthy" you will allocated minutes of pleasure pretending that your driving their electric self driving car. Just like at the fair when you were a kid....weee!
Look ....I'm driving ....I'm driving......NOT!
Appreciate 2
      06-14-2022, 11:19 PM   #34
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Sorry but you obviously arent aware that your EV cars are communicating back to company headquarters 24/7. My ICE cars control unit isnt wirelessly plugged into anything to the point if being able to be remote controlled,

For my comment about the grid, these are plans that the govts have to make stoplights and city grids electronically plugged into a central hub, whch would be comunicating directly with your car, relegating the driver as merely a passenger. There have been so called 'vision' concept cars of the future that have NO steering wheel

You left out the chemtrails and 5G.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2022, 11:46 PM   #35
GoneIn4Secs
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Make sure you're up to date on all your booster shots
Appreciate 4
      06-14-2022, 11:47 PM   #36
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM7 View Post
You left out the chemtrails and 5G.
https://www.australiannationalreview...trail-program/
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2022, 11:48 PM   #37
GoneIn4Secs
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Sounds like driving will be some approved gov activity soon enough.
You get so many minutes of driving time for being a good boy. After all your activities for the week have been downloaded you will be assessed for "goodness".
If you are deemed "worthy" you will allocated minutes of pleasure pretending that your driving their electric self driving car. Just like at the fair when you were a kid....weee!
Look ....I'm driving ....I'm driving......NOT!
social credit score
Appreciate 1
M8Bimmer1246.50
      06-15-2022, 12:13 AM   #38
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
Yeah but that’s the government. You can’t trust them.
Appreciate 1
NickyC17350.50
      06-15-2022, 12:22 AM   #39
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

I go to British Columbia very regularly. The speed limits are stupidly low and cops there are militant in enforcing it. I've heard stories of them impounding people on Hwy 99 for speeds equivalent of 85mph. Total joke. It's never fun to drive there.

I just stay in Vancouver and walk everywhere.
Appreciate 1
      06-15-2022, 12:39 AM   #40
M8Bimmer
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
I go to British Columbia very regularly. The speed limits are stupidly low and cops there are militant in enforcing it. I've heard stories of them impounding people on Hwy 99 for speeds equivalent of 85mph. Total joke. It's never fun to drive there.

I just stay in Vancouver and walk everywhere.
Well I can't speak for BC but here in Ontario the cops are genuine pigs alright. It's worse than ever. Speeding on any highway here is pointless honestly. If they don't get ya now they will down the road.
I set my cruise at maybe 12km over on the highway and just sit back and relax. Or faster if it seems the pace is faster. But being the fastest out there...no no no. Unless you like the smell of pork harassing you. Really I find using the cruz to be less stressful overall. It watches my speed. I relax knowing I'm fat free from a pork attack.

These news channels broadcasting the cops their pre-weekend warnings make me sick. It like your Daddy bursting into your room Saturday morning before you even out of bed. " Now don't do this and don't try that " he screams.....like the cops do. And you haven't even left your bed. Stupid analogy but you know.
We have more traffic accidents now a days because we have so many people here using the roads at the same time. Statistically I think driving is safer than it was 40 or 60 years ago. Safer car...better highways......dumber fuck ups....ok...wrong. hahaha
Appreciate 2
Vivek.1363.50
      06-15-2022, 01:22 AM   #41
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Well I can't speak for BC but here in Ontario the cops are genuine pigs alright. It's worse than ever. Speeding on any highway here is pointless honestly. If they don't get ya now they will down the road.
I set my cruise at maybe 12km over on the highway and just sit back and relax. Or faster if it seems the pace is faster. But being the fastest out there...no no no. Unless you like the smell of pork harassing you. Really I find using the cruz to be less stressful overall. It watches my speed. I relax knowing I'm fat free from a pork attack.

These news channels broadcasting the cops their pre-weekend warnings make me sick. It like your Daddy bursting into your room Saturday morning before you even out of bed. " Now don't do this and don't try that " he screams.....like the cops do. And you haven't even left your bed. Stupid analogy but you know.
We have more traffic accidents now a days because we have so many people here using the roads at the same time. Statistically I think driving is safer than it was 40 or 60 years ago. Safer car...better highways......dumber fuck ups....ok...wrong. hahaha
Pre-pandemic I was going Hwy 401 roundtrip to Toronto. Signs the entire way about the repercussions of going over the speed limit, that too in no man's land. Had to drive at slow ass 70mph the entire time.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2022, 04:20 AM   #42
M8Bimmer
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Pre-pandemic I was going Hwy 401 roundtrip to Toronto. Signs the entire way about the repercussions of going over the speed limit, that too in no man's land. Had to drive at slow ass 70mph the entire time.
Ya the fuzz is well equipped here. They've got all kinds of sneaky vehicles you'll never know are cops til they light you up. I simply have learned that it is pointless to try to speed for long on these highways. A moment or two maybe. But blasting for length of time is too nerve racking for my psyche.
I save my outbursts for streets or roads where there won't be a cop guaranteed.....mostly. Back streets...industrial roads....lesser used roads. That type of thing. Nothing is 100% safe of cops but if you think about you'll see opportunities to let er go unfettered. On ramps til you hit the actual freeway road. Those are fun. Small bursts and then let off. You guys know. I'm sure you all have your spots like I do.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2022, 06:33 PM   #43
beats
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 911 GTS

Quote:
Ya the fuzz is well equipped here. They've got all kinds of sneaky vehicles you'll never know are cops til they light you up. I simply have learned that it is pointless to try to speed for long on these highways. A moment or two maybe. But blasting for length of time is too nerve racking for my psyche.
I save my outbursts for streets or roads where there won't be a cop guaranteed.....mostly. Back streets...industrial roads....lesser used roads. That type of thing. Nothing is 100% safe of cops but if you think about you'll see opportunities to let er go unfettered. On ramps til you hit the actual freeway road. Those are fun. Small bursts and then let off. You guys know. I'm sure you all have your spots like I do.
Why not just go to the track, you have good ones nearby... safer for everyone.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2022, 06:51 PM   #44
TraitorJacKnife
Rep
Drives: E46 330Ci 6MT

Quote:
I don't know why you think that's a tinfoil hat worthy comment. The technology already exists and has been equipped in cars for a while now. Onstar modules on GM cars can remotely communicate from an outside source to tell the ECU to disable stolen vehicles. It's not unreasonable or even ridiculous to be worried about all these communication devices on modern cars, ICE or EV.
Appreciate 3
Cos270608.50
DrFerry6722.50