BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Any Google Photos Users Here?

10-22-2018, 04:31 PM   #1
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Any Google Photos Users Here?

So I finally got into the 21st century and got set up with Google Photos. Overall I love it. It's keeping my desktop and my cell all backed up and synced up. I also love the Google search algorithm applied to help me find photos.

One kind of screwball thing that I cant seem to fix. Google photos has gone in and analyzed faces of people I have taken photos of, then grouped them together. I can name them appropriately. So for example, all photos of my dad are all grouped together and searchable under "Dad." It's about 90% accurate. So maybe 10% of the pics of my old man are not categorized as "Dad" automatically and dont show up in a search. Is there a way for me to go to a specific photo that Google has not auto categorized and assign it to "dad?"

In another example I have two friends who look pretty similar; Tim and Vince. When I search on "Vince" it brings up some photos of "Tim". I figured out how to exclude those and say "Hey Google, this isnt Vince" but there seems to be no way to then tell Google "This is Tim".

Anyone else have this issue and hopefully a solution?
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2018, 05:23 PM   #2
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

I don’t know about all that so can’t answer but I do use it to backup photos/videos.
Appreciate 0