BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > BMW 116D 2014 Not Starting

02-24-2024, 03:36 PM   #1
N4SR
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 116D

BMW 116D 2014 Not Starting

Hello, I'm new to bimmer post and can't figure out how to post a thread etc, but I am having the same issue.

My car lost its power whilst I was driving on the motorway and as I pulled over to the hard shoulder, the engine cut out on me and wouldn't start and displayed the following message: "starter/ignition fault"

When I try to start the car I can hear a clicking sound but the car refuses to turn over and I also have no power to the dash at all besides the I drive screen. I had my battery changed over a month ago, but for some reason, when I tried to turn the electrics on the car the next day, the battery percentage was on 10% (Hazard lights were on for a few hours)

any ideas on what's wrong with the car?

Car info:
BMW 116D 2014
Mileage: 92k

The car was in transport mode after the battery change but was in the process of changing the BST terminal due to a system warning from a long time ago and no other error messages.
Appreciate 0