BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > iDrive: "BMW Services"

06-06-2012, 02:47 AM   #1
iBeech
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: BMW 520D F11 2015

Garage List
iDrive: "BMW Services"

I was wondering if anyone knew what the hell this option is doing in my iDrive? i go in, and there is nothing inside except for update services.

i dont have connected drive- but i'm aware, from the user manual, that if i had it, it would read connecteddrive.

i currently have an iphone on giffgaff, which doesnt support built in teathering. so i dont have access to the internet from the car. does anyone have any suggestions?
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 08:42 AM   #2
iBeech
Captain
England
Rep

Garage List
bump- i've connected my iphone with the 'personal hotspot' and now the bmw services function updates- but there is still nothing there.

does anyone know of any services you can get in the UK- and how to get them?
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 12:44 PM   #3
CammyNL
Registered
Rep
Drives: F20 116i

Hmz, according to this topic the update services should be used when configuring for BMW Live...

Are you able to use the BMW Live services using the personal hotspot functionality of the Iphone? Services like weather updates, news, etc?
I ordered the business pack, and according to the pricelist this function is included in this package in the netherlands...only 3 more weeks untill delivery...
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 03:02 PM   #4
iBeech
Captain
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CammyNL View Post
Hmz, according to this topic the update services should be used when configuring for BMW Live...

Are you able to use the BMW Live services using the personal hotspot functionality of the Iphone? Services like weather updates, news, etc?
I ordered the business pack, and according to the pricelist this function is included in this package in the netherlands...only 3 more weeks untill delivery...
nope, i didnt get any of those features- i'm just wondering why the option is there- surley they would only leave it there if there was the option to subscribe to these features?
Appreciate 0