BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > Tragedy in El Paso (Ohio)
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-08-2019, 11:35 PM   #331
glennQNYC
2006 TIME Person Of The Year
glennQNYC's Avatar
United_States
6296
Rep
5,317
Posts

Drives: M Sport 335i
Join Date: May 2013
Location: North Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldPump View Post
So if trump goes to the hospital the media hates him, if he doesn't go the media hates him more.

Completely absurd.
He unequivocally denounced racism, hatred, and white supremacy specifically. Not good enough though. Assholes still gonna be assholes and stoke division until the end. They're truly "stuck on stupid."
__________________
Appreciate 5
      08-08-2019, 11:47 PM   #332
BimmerBoomer
demoted
BimmerBoomer's Avatar
Canada
295
Rep
1,027
Posts

Drives: 2018 Audi S5 Sportback
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Grimsby, Ontario

iTrader: (0)

I love those teleprompter speeches...

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
He unequivocally denounced racism, hatred, and white supremacy specifically. Not good enough though. Assholes still gonna be assholes and stoke division until the end. They're truly "stuck on stupid."
They are just as convincing as any other hostage video.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2019, 12:38 AM   #333
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
Captain Blood's Avatar
United_States
8911
Rep
11,843
Posts

Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Tortuga

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerBoomer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
He unequivocally denounced racism, hatred, and white supremacy specifically. Not good enough though. Assholes still gonna be assholes and stoke division until the end. They're truly "stuck on stupid."
They are just as convincing as any other hostage video.
A better answer might've been " why no press pool video or pictures"?
__________________
Renegade of Funk
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2019, 07:54 AM   #334
Haywood
I know a thing or 2 about a thing or 2...
Haywood's Avatar
United_States
1957
Rep
2,772
Posts

Drives: E36 M3 Coupe, e39 M5
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: LI, NY

iTrader: (11)

Garage List
2003 BMW e39 M5  [0.00]
1997 BMW e36 M3  [0.00]
Fatal stabbing in CA

If this doesn't convince people that the media controls what you see, then I'm not sure what will. Here is another tool for violence. This scumbag has been in prison 14 times. Never should have been on the streets. Now, if he ran in there with a gun, it would have been all over the news. I checked CNN's front page and it's nowhere to be found. You actually have to search for it. I guess it doesn't fit the narrative huh?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...wo-others.html
__________________
2003 Le Mans Blue e39 M5 Dinan S1
1997 Alpine White e36 M3 (the old gal)
2013 Mineral White e92 M3 (sold )
2014 Carbon Black 650i M-sport (sold)
Appreciate 7
City Pig6128.00
Delta03117377.00
Run Silent12687.00
MKSixer18027.00
glennQNYC6296.00
vreihen161141.50

      08-09-2019, 07:57 AM   #335
City Pig
Lieutenant Colonel
City Pig's Avatar
Canada
6128
Rep
1,975
Posts

Drives: Porsche 993, 2015 MB GLK
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Niagara on the Lake

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haywood View Post
If this doesn't convince people that the media controls what you see, then I'm not sure what will. Here is another tool for violence. This scumbag has been in prison 14 times. Never should have been on the streets. Now, if he ran in there with a gun, it would have been all over the news. I checked CNN's front page and it's nowhere to be found. You actually have to search for it. I guess it doesn't fit the narrative huh?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...wo-others.html
I've noticed this several times, UK news media will report on something that happens in the USA but not the USA media.

The media is trying to run the country rather than inform citizens so that they can decide what should be done. Dangerous times.
Appreciate 4
Delta03117377.00
Run Silent12687.00
glennQNYC6296.00
vreihen161141.50

      08-09-2019, 08:37 AM   #336
2000cs
Captain
1132
Rep
669
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: USA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
I've noticed this several times, UK news media will report on something that happens in the USA but not the USA media.

The media is trying to run the country rather than inform citizens so that they can decide what should be done. Dangerous times.
You’re giving most of the media too much credit. They’re trying to grow an audience to maximize advertising revenue. That means presenting the most salacious and entertaining stories without regard to facts or importance. This is not new, they’re just getting better and better at it because there is so much data to enable targeting their audience and getting feedback on what works.

Turn on the nightly news on most any night (ABC, CBS or NBC) and note the order of the stories. It used to be the most important story was the lead; now that story (IMO) us usually several deep. The lead now is the most “interesting” or controversial. And it always ends with a “feel good” story, which leaves the viewer with a positive perception of the entire broadcast and the presenters.

It’s a formula.
Appreciate 1
vreihen161141.50

      08-09-2019, 08:40 AM   #337
Dave 90TT
Colonel
United_States
1832
Rep
2,116
Posts

Drives: BSM 6MT M4 F82
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Colorado Springs

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerBoomer View Post
Even 10 years ago the NRA owned both parties. As for playing the Canadian card, as longtime CEO of an American group of companies I had access that most of you can only dream of.
Sure you did, buddy, sure you did.

Crawl back to your parents basement.
__________________
2015 Black Sapphire Metallic 6MT M4
Appreciate 4
      08-09-2019, 11:00 AM   #338
adc100
Lieutenant Colonel
1298
Rep
1,577
Posts

Drives: 2018 Forester XT
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Elizabethtown PA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000cs View Post
You’re giving most of the media too much credit. They’re trying to grow an audience to maximize advertising revenue.
I don't think that revenue drives them. Can you imagine how much of an audience that NBC, CBS or ABC would garner if they played it down the middle. This is not rocket science.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2019, 02:55 PM   #339
XutvJet
Brigadier General
2591
Rep
3,432
Posts

Drives: 2016 M235 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Kansas City

iTrader: (-1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haywood View Post
If this doesn't convince people that the media controls what you see, then I'm not sure what will. Here is another tool for violence. This scumbag has been in prison 14 times. Never should have been on the streets. Now, if he ran in there with a gun, it would have been all over the news. I checked CNN's front page and it's nowhere to be found. You actually have to search for it. I guess it doesn't fit the narrative huh?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...wo-others.html
Not to underplay the significance of a murder, but you think someone killing a person with a knife, which sadly is a common occurrence throughout the US and the world, is comparable to two guys killing 31 people with semi-automatic weapons in less than a few minutes?

You don't agree that someone with a semi-automatic, high capacity gun can inflict way more death and injury than a person with a knife and we've seen it time and time again in the US. On top of that, it's a media conspiracy to not report every murder? Interesting.

This knife murder only got coverage because it was captured on video and shows the failure of the justice system. Sadly, people like to watch others die and get injured.
__________________
The forest was shrinking, but the Trees kept voting for the Axe, for the Axe was clever and convinced the Trees that because his handle was made of wood, he was one of them.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2019, 02:55 PM   #340
XutvJet
Brigadier General
2591
Rep
3,432
Posts

Drives: 2016 M235 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Kansas City

iTrader: (-1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100 View Post
I don't think that revenue drives them. Can you imagine how much of an audience that NBC, CBS or ABC would garner if they played it down the middle. This is not rocket science.
Fox News?

AM radio?

The "middle"? Hmmm...
__________________
The forest was shrinking, but the Trees kept voting for the Axe, for the Axe was clever and convinced the Trees that because his handle was made of wood, he was one of them.
Appreciate 2
gatorfast3088.50
minn196283.00

      08-09-2019, 06:27 PM   #341
adc100
Lieutenant Colonel
1298
Rep
1,577
Posts

Drives: 2018 Forester XT
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Elizabethtown PA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
Fox News?

AM radio?

The "middle"? Hmmm...
Wel Fox has more viewers than CNN and MSNBC combined. Apparently (More truthfulness) sells. Funny that liberal lies don't sell on radio of regular broadcast TV.
Appreciate 1
Delta03117377.00

      08-10-2019, 02:56 AM   #342
glennQNYC
2006 TIME Person Of The Year
glennQNYC's Avatar
United_States
6296
Rep
5,317
Posts

Drives: M Sport 335i
Join Date: May 2013
Location: North Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
[Don't you] agree that someone with a semi-automatic, high capacity gun can inflict way more death and injury than a person with a knife[?]
This is a great reason why access to owning a semi-automatic firearm is so important. They're a much better tool for defending yourself. I don't want to use a knife (or even a bolt action rifle) to clear my home.
__________________
Appreciate 2
vreihen161141.50
scostu1170.50

      08-10-2019, 03:20 AM   #343
1MOREMOD
2018 track days - 0 ridge 1:52:24 pacific 1:33:30
1MOREMOD's Avatar
United_States
9507
Rep
22,323
Posts

Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
This is a great reason why access to owning a semi-automatic firearm is so important. They're a much better tool for defending yourself. I don't want to use a knife (or even a bolt action rifle) to clear my home.
Points!!!
Appreciate 2
glennQNYC6296.00
Delta03117377.00

      08-10-2019, 09:52 AM   #344
Wills2
Barge driver
Wills2's Avatar
United Kingdom
6049
Rep
10,403
Posts

Drives: G11 740d/X3M
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: West Yorkshire

iTrader: (0)

This kind of act baffles me, he's lucky to be alive in my view why would you walk into a Walmart wearing that get up? After what happened last week...it's actually quite sickening.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-49303879
__________________
G11 740d xdrive/X3M/Z4C, Gone F80 M3/F10 M5/F31 335d/e92 M3 x 2/F10 520d x 2/997 C2S/e46 M3/e46 320d/SL320/Touareg 3.2V6/Audi allroad 2.7TDi
Appreciate 1
      08-10-2019, 10:01 AM   #345
vreihen16
First Lieutenant
United_States
1142
Rep
397
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Orange County, NY

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Available on Amazon.....






.
__________________
2015 BMW i3 BEV, Giga World (Lodge interior), Tech/Driving Assist Packages, 18K miles
Appreciate 1
Run Silent12687.00

      08-10-2019, 10:03 AM   #346
BimmerBoomer
demoted
BimmerBoomer's Avatar
Canada
295
Rep
1,027
Posts

Drives: 2018 Audi S5 Sportback
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Grimsby, Ontario

iTrader: (0)

all I want to know is...

What does the thumb up mean? What's with this grin, which we usually see only when he is partying with Russians in the White House?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...baby-thumbs-up
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2019, 10:12 AM   #347
The Chaddening
Brigadier General
The Chaddening's Avatar
6711
Rep
3,682
Posts

Drives: 13' E92 BSM 335i 6MT
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Boulder, CO

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerBoomer View Post
What does the thumb up mean? What's with this grin, which we usually see only when he is partying with Russians in the White House?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...baby-thumbs-up
You mean smiling for a picture? The guy next to him is smiling as well you retard.
__________________
2013 BSM Coral Red E92 335i 6MT M-Sport
2016 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Edition

Psalm 23:1
Appreciate 1
glennQNYC6296.00

      08-10-2019, 10:17 AM   #348
Wills2
Barge driver
Wills2's Avatar
United Kingdom
6049
Rep
10,403
Posts

Drives: G11 740d/X3M
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: West Yorkshire

iTrader: (0)

I don't the outrage about smiling whilst your wife holds a baby that has survived a mass shooting, surely that's a good thing and something to rejoice and give thanks for.
__________________
G11 740d xdrive/X3M/Z4C, Gone F80 M3/F10 M5/F31 335d/e92 M3 x 2/F10 520d x 2/997 C2S/e46 M3/e46 320d/SL320/Touareg 3.2V6/Audi allroad 2.7TDi
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2019, 10:31 AM   #349
Haywood
I know a thing or 2 about a thing or 2...
Haywood's Avatar
United_States
1957
Rep
2,772
Posts

Drives: E36 M3 Coupe, e39 M5
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: LI, NY

iTrader: (11)

Garage List
2003 BMW e39 M5  [0.00]
1997 BMW e36 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
Not to underplay the significance of a murder, but you think someone killing a person with a knife, which sadly is a common occurrence throughout the US and the world, is comparable to two guys killing 31 people with semi-automatic weapons in less than a few minutes?

You don't agree that someone with a semi-automatic, high capacity gun can inflict way more death and injury than a person with a knife and we've seen it time and time again in the US. On top of that, it's a media conspiracy to not report every murder? Interesting.

This knife murder only got coverage because it was captured on video and shows the failure of the justice system. Sadly, people like to watch others die and get injured.
Of course a gun is going to kill more people in quicker succession than a guy running around with a knife. However, you're missing my point like many others have made. Mass murders make up a small percentage of deaths in this country compared to car accidents deaths, homicides, and drug overdoses. Mass murders are horrific in nature and get the most coverage because the visceral reaction you get while seeing them all over the media. As I pointed out before though, there's been 11 deaths so far in Chicago this month and 281 year to date from shootings. Inner cities have been completely lost to poverty, drugs, and shootings. We've spent billions on the war on drugs and it's actually gotten worse. Yet, the media and politicians what to put all their efforts in gun control instead of fixing the aforementioned issues. They don't want to work hard enough to fix the major issues hitting our big cities. So, lets go after the one issue that divides the country and not really worry about the other 99% of murders.
__________________
2003 Le Mans Blue e39 M5 Dinan S1
1997 Alpine White e36 M3 (the old gal)
2013 Mineral White e92 M3 (sold )
2014 Carbon Black 650i M-sport (sold)
Appreciate 2
vreihen161141.50
2000cs1131.50

      08-10-2019, 10:36 AM   #350
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
Captain Blood's Avatar
United_States
8911
Rep
11,843
Posts

Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Tortuga

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills2 View Post
I don't the outrage about smiling whilst your wife holds a baby that has survived a mass shooting, surely that's a good thing and something to rejoice and give thanks for.
A just orphaned baby? Posing with him/her in a photo-op? And according to the white house, this was not a photo-op visit. The thumbs up is very inappropriate.
__________________
Renegade of Funk
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2019, 10:58 AM   #351
Wills2
Barge driver
Wills2's Avatar
United Kingdom
6049
Rep
10,403
Posts

Drives: G11 740d/X3M
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: West Yorkshire

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwarzschild Radius View Post
A just orphaned baby? Posing with him/her in a photo-op? And according to the white house, this was not a photo-op visit. The thumbs up is very inappropriate.
Not sure myself, I just think Trump triggers some people to the point where they cannot see anything but the hate they hold in their hearts for the man.

I'm not a Trump supporter he's not my President anyway but as an outsider the whole "he can do no wrong/he can do no right" thing you have going on over there is a bit bizarre.
__________________
G11 740d xdrive/X3M/Z4C, Gone F80 M3/F10 M5/F31 335d/e92 M3 x 2/F10 520d x 2/997 C2S/e46 M3/e46 320d/SL320/Touareg 3.2V6/Audi allroad 2.7TDi
Appreciate 1
lakefront237.50

      08-10-2019, 11:04 AM   #352
BimmerBoomer
demoted
BimmerBoomer's Avatar
Canada
295
Rep
1,027
Posts

Drives: 2018 Audi S5 Sportback
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Grimsby, Ontario

iTrader: (0)

still, what's with the thumb up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills2 View Post
Not sure myself, I just think Trump triggers some people to the point where they cannot see anything but the hate they hold in their hearts for the man.

I'm not a Trump supporter he's not my President anyway but as an outsider the whole "he can do no wrong/he can do no right" thing you have going on over there is a bit bizarre.
Is it because it is going next to a Don Junior trophy shot on the mantle?
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:02 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST