BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > Bmw Australia Cut Price In 1 Series

08-08-2013, 05:45 PM   #177
pacoluca
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 125i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-plus View Post
Thanks to all who contributed to this thread. It has greatly assisted me and was the main source of information for today's purchase for the Mrs:

125i
Black Saphire
6 speed
M Sport
Premium Sound (HK, DAB+)
Visibility Package (incl Bi Xenon, adaptive headlights, etc.)
Sunroof
M Sport brakes
4 year free servicing
$55K

Better deal than what car broker could source.

Jeff.
Great bargin. Is it July built? U must be with corporate program for that 4 year free servicing.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2013, 08:13 PM   #178
Ecytsai
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacoluca View Post
That's great. What colour is urs? Did u order it in late June or July?
Mine is in mineral grey. I ordered it in the 2nd week of July.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2013, 08:40 PM   #179
pacoluca
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 125i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecytsai View Post
Mine is in mineral grey. I ordered it in the 2nd week of July.
we have the same colour and around the same ordering time. How exciting!!
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2013, 08:59 PM   #180
j-plus
Registered
Rep
Drives: 125i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacoluca View Post
Great bargin. Is it July built? U must be with corporate program for that 4 year free servicing.
Yep, Aug build.

Vehicle pricing wasn't corporate/fleet... but yes, the free servicing was a throw in due to employer.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 01:06 AM   #181
mir
Registered
Australia
Rep
Drives: VW MK7 GTI Performance Pack

Hi,
This is my first post (and English is not my first language – so don’t be harsh)
Idea was to replace my Golf GTI (MK6) (picture below) with BMW 125i F20 with M Sport, M Sport Brakes and alarm in Mineral Grey or Black Sapphire.
… and I was quoted $60K plus (explanation - I am in Perth)

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-plus View Post
Thanks to all who contributed to this thread. It has greatly assisted me and was the main source of information for today's purchase for the Mrs:

125i
Black Saphire
6 speed
M Sport
Premium Sound (HK, DAB+)
Visibility Package (incl Bi Xenon, adaptive headlights, etc.)
Sunroof
M Sport brakes
4 year free servicing
$55K

Better deal than what car broker could source.

Jeff.
Jeff, that is great discount.
As I am putting my GTI on the Market I have to make decision: BMW 125i or MK7 GTI.
Only option regarding BMW is to buy it from Sydney…. so long story short – can you share with us (or me) your dealer and sales person contact details?
Anyway Thank you
mirsad

Last edited by mir; 08-13-2013 at 02:35 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 05:50 AM   #182
j-plus
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mir View Post
...so long story short – can you share with us (or me) your dealer and sales person contact details?
Anyway Thank you
mirsad
PM sent
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2013, 09:34 AM   #183
Arrow29
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 comp, X5 M50i ordered

I've started looking at insurance quotes prior to the arrival of my M135i and have noticed that all the insurers have two options of model;
- 2013 BMW 1 M135I F20 MY13 TURBO F/IN 5D HATCHBACK
- 2013 BMW 1 M135I F20 TURBO F/IN 5D HATCHBACK

I was wondering if anybody knew the difference? When I do the quote for the second option (ie no MY13 in description) the quote comes out slightly cheaper and I notice that the default market value they come up with is lower. My guess is that the MY13 option is referring to 2013 built cars, whereas the other option may be for 2012 built but 2013 registered?

Last edited by Arrow29; 08-11-2013 at 09:52 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2013, 03:53 AM   #184
kook
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2005 E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Siin_ View Post
$63,500 is drive away all inclusive. This is based on QLD s/duty & business rego - there might be a small variation with stamp duty & rego from state to state.
I would love some help if possible in trying to get a decent price on an auto trans M135i. I just looked at the BMW Australia website, and here in Perth it comes back with a basic Recommended Drive Away Price of $72,637 for the absolute basic model, and I presume thats a manual trans! How did you manage to negotiate $9K off the basic drive away price? Any help or tips from anyone greatly appreciated...
I just changed my postcode to Brisbane and its $2K cheaper...!
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2013, 10:26 AM   #185
Arrow29
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kook View Post
I would love some help if possible in trying to get a decent price on an auto trans M135i. I just looked at the BMW Australia website, and here in Perth it comes back with a basic Recommended Drive Away Price of $72,637 for the absolute basic model, and I presume thats a manual trans! How did you manage to negotiate $9K off the basic drive away price? Any help or tips from anyone greatly appreciated...
I just changed my postcode to Brisbane and its $2K cheaper...!
Hey mate,

The automatic and manual are the same price now.The pricing on the BMW website is an error I believe, I think I remember somebody saying the RRP is supposed to be $64,990 (not $63,569 as on the website) and when I was shopping for mine the drive away pricing for a car with no options was closer to $74k.

Unfortunately those kind of prices don't seem to be possible in Perth, most likely by virtue of a lack of competition between dealers. This is speaking from my own recent experience and some others I've communicated with. There are discounts to be had here, but not in that order. It may be worth getting some quotes from over East if you have the patience, however keep in mind you will have to pay for transport and I received 4yrs free servicing through my dealer here, which would likely not be possible if buying from over East.

The reason for the cheaper standard drive away pricing over East is largely due to the stamp duty differences (WA has one of the highest, if not the highest stamp duty in the nation) and possibly higher dealer delivery fees.

Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2013, 06:25 PM   #186
kook
Private
Australia
Rep

Hey Arrow, thanks for the reply. First off, thanks the heads up on the transmission prices being the same, I didn't realise.
I was speaking to a mate yesterday and he told me that one guy owns both BMW dealerships over here. So there's not going to be much competition between them me thinks...
I have no problem buying from over east (bought my last M3 privately from Qld). But, can someone explain what happens with stamp duty if I purchase from dealer? Will I have to pay one lot over east and another lot when I register the car here??
I might PM Siin as well, seems his broker can do quite nicely from what I just read...
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2013, 06:48 PM   #187
Arrow29
Second Lieutenant
Rep

My understanding is that you would buy the car from the dealer over East without on road costs added, transport the car to WA and then pay the on road costs (stamp duty etc) to register it here. But Siin would know far more than me!

I was initially going to buy over east, but ended up getting a deal I was happy with here plus did a trade in on my car which would have likely taken a while to sell privately.

Hope you find a good deal
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2013, 08:13 AM   #188
_Siin_
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3 F80 Competition, M135i (sol

Gents, I've got no problem in posting an excerpt from my invoice to prove I'm not mucking around here.
My pre-July build I drove away at $69k.

The s/duty is only paid once whether you register/pay in one state or another and then transfer it to another state.
It is possible to buy a car with a permit & get it freighted interstate but the 'delivery' generally needs to be at the dealer you buy through.

Happy to help where I can
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2013, 09:59 AM   #189
kook
Private
Australia
Rep

Thanks for the info Siin, I certainly wasn't doubting your deal, just wanted to make that clear Not sure if posting invoices on here is allowed or not, mind telling me what options you have? I'm just trying to figure out how I can get the best deal on an M135i. From what I can figure from the very confusing (at least to me), I only want M Adaptive, and the Comfort & Premium sound packages. Also, am I reading it right that an alarm system is a cost option?
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2013, 09:21 PM   #190
DECVING
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: F80 ///M3

Quote:
Also, am I reading it right that an alarm system is a cost option?
Yep, cost option, bout 700 I think from memory.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2013, 07:04 AM   #191
Ecytsai
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Siin_ View Post
Thought I'd put the speculation to rest.
Through my broker I can get you drive away, no options $66,500 brand new July build onwards m135i.
Might be a slight variation with state to state stamp duty & rego costs.
Siin, can you tell me who ur dealer is? A friend of mine is getting a M135.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2013, 06:18 AM   #192
_Siin_
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecytsai View Post
Siin, can you tell me who ur dealer is? A friend of mine is getting a M135.
Depends where you are.... There's a few that I've used
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2013, 06:22 AM   #193
_Siin_
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kook View Post
Thanks for the info Siin, I certainly wasn't doubting your deal, just wanted to make that clear Not sure if posting invoices on here is allowed or not, mind telling me what options you have? I'm just trying to figure out how I can get the best deal on an M135i. From what I can figure from the very confusing (at least to me), I only want M Adaptive, and the Comfort & Premium sound packages. Also, am I reading it right that an alarm system is a cost option?
I got the 'old' build.
Use the $66,500 base, add the options (I've posted the price list in the forum) and take at least 6% off the exGST & LCT price. The alarm is an option but for the security that these cars have, unless you live in a dodgy area (I'm assuming not else you wouldn't be buying a BMW) then do you need it? I did look at it from an insurance discount view but my insurance $$ wasn't going to change and I was told its a dealer fit item, almost 'aftermarket'
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2013, 02:38 PM   #194
he3at
Rep
Drives: M135i

Hi all,

With the recent price cuts, I'm now in the market for an M135i. Have been quoted pricing that equates to 8-9% off full retail driveaway prices. I am in Melbourne and eligible for the corporate programme.

I've been targeting 15% off, but all the dealers have been saying that with the price cuts, a lot of their margin has been eroded away also. Would appreciate any advice, or contacts.

Also, I've been getting a bit of inconsistent messages from various dealers regarding interior colour schemes. I like the Oyster dakota leather, but not cream carpets etc. Anyone know if the Oyster leather comes with a black interior or an Oyster interior on the M135i? If the interior also has to be Oyster, I think for practical reasons, I'll just go with black.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2013, 06:09 AM   #195
Arrow29
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Oyster interior on the M135i comes with oyster trim as well. You can't have it with the black trim.

So the options are:
- Oyster/Oyster
- Black / Black
- Coral / Black

I went for Oyster coz I've always liked lighter interiors more than all dark, just my preference. Saw a different model 1 with it and thought it made the cabin feel more spacious / luxurious, but I understand the practicalities point!
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2013, 08:18 AM   #196
he3at
Rep
Drives: M135i

Bummer. Are your floor mats Oyster too? Here's one on carsales that already shows quite a bit of dirt: http://www.carsales.com.au/CarStockG...x=4&mode=popup

Goes well with the fineline wood though.

Anyone have anything to add on pricing? Will probably drop into a dealer tomorrow (Sat).

Last edited by he3at; 08-16-2013 at 08:29 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2013, 12:40 AM   #197
gumpy_999
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow29 View Post
Oyster interior on the M135i comes with oyster trim as well. You can't have it with the black trim.

So the options are:
- Oyster/Oyster
- Black / Black
- Coral / Black

I went for Oyster coz I've always liked lighter interiors more than all dark, just my preference. Saw a different model 1 with it and thought it made the cabin feel more spacious / luxurious, but I understand the practicalities point!
I have to agree light interiors are great... I went for everest grey (my preference would have been the pearl grey in the urban line but it's not available in the 125i now.)

Unfortunately for me the car comes in black trim, a grey trim would have been awesome.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2013, 01:58 AM   #198
kook
Private
Australia
Rep

Have to say I really like the wood trim on this hybrid 3 series, gives the cabin an extremely organic feel. However, I don't think it works with the rest of the trim they've specced on this vehicle. Anyone know what the trim is? Doesn't look the same as the wood trim that's available for the 1 series.

http://www.carsales.com.au/demo/deta.../?Cr=0&sdmvc=1

EDIT : Found it, fine wood "Fineline Pure" textured, I quite like that. Not available on the 1 series though. Back to normal transmission...

Last edited by kook; 08-17-2013 at 02:46 AM..
Appreciate 0