BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > Leak in boot

10-14-2019, 10:17 AM   #1
moghm
Private
Rep
Drives: F20, 2012 120d

Leak in boot

Hello So as the title suggests water leaking from, i suspect either from the back glass or the brake light. Intention of this post is to request advice and ask if anyone has come across this issue. Now last year I did have my hatch fixed under warranty and this may have involved the window being removed and refitted to a new hatch. I suspect that its not been sealed properly as when I have removed the trim underneath the brake light area, there is definitely water there on a rainy day. It rained pretty heavy the other day and when i opened the hatch i couldnt believe the amount of water on the rear shelf, a good bowl full sloshed into the boot carpet when the hatch raised the parcel shelf. Now the water is getting into the side wells and plastic container on the right side boot underneath the rear light. Pic is of water leaking through trim, top right, but much worse when car has been washed or it rains heavily. Oh, my demister doesnt work now !!!!

A real mess. Im gonna go back to BMW and see if they will investigate but dont think this will be easy. Any ideas ? Many thanks
Attached Images

Appreciate 0