BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > Drivechain fault and now no idrive

08-04-2021, 08:48 AM   #1
mrStat
Registered
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW 116D

Drivetrain error and now idrive failed

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
So we've had our 2014 116D for a couple of years and it's been brilliant.

Week before last on ignition it flagged up a Drivetrain error, which then cleared almost instantly.

This week, it does it on every start up, but still clears instantly, plugged BimmerLink into it and it said:

Central gateway module = 1 error
801C20: Central fault memory full

Motor electronics = 2 errors
252500: Boost pressure actuator, control: interruption
297A00: Boost pressure actuator, control: control signal boost pressure actuator implausible

Today, misses went out in it again and now the idrive is dead, just stuck on the BMW logo, then reboots itself in an endless loop.

Now I am guessing that the boost actuator fault is likely to be the intake manifold sensor from the research I've done so far? I have ordered a new sensor (13628637896 - coming today/tomorrow) but the idrive going down at almost the same time? This seems a little odd to me, I'm new to BMW, but not new to stripping stuff apart and butchering it before taking it to a garage; so wondered if any of you kind peeps might be able to shed some light on this, or if I am barking up the wrong tree completely.

Last 7 VIN: P582412
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2021, 03:51 AM   #2
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

If you wait longer, something else can happen. Running out of fuel, for example. "It never rains but it pours.".

iDrive issue is quite common: https://f20.1addicts.com/forums/show....php?t=1474339.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2021, 01:32 PM   #3
mrStat
Registered
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW 116D

This is what I'm worried about, I was thinking about putting some fuel in it one day, but the rate of diesel at the moment, yeah - I'll hold off.

Going to strip the head unit out at the weekend and thinking about posting off to mca in Romania, although they're on holiday from the 9th, anyone know of some who can do the same kind of post and return repair in the UK?
Appreciate 0