BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > DIY Guides and Instructions > Help with front fog lights installation

04-04-2022, 10:53 PM   #1
kidsfree
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 116i

Help with front fog lights installation

Hello! (I'm from Chile, sorry if I write with a basic/bad english or can't make my self clear)

I'm just new in this world of BM.
I bought my series 1 f21 2013 at Nov 2021 and I want it with fog lights. Unfortunately my model doesn't bring it from stock. I need it to install it from cero and I don't know how.

Have already the lamps, the button at the console and a generic kit of cables (with relay and fuse). The question is: how can I install theses? The generic cables will make the job or i have to buy another ones? Maybe I have to connect it at a pre installed cables? Really i have no idea how to proceed hahaha

Please help, I'll be eternally grateful!!
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2022, 05:11 AM   #2
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidsfree View Post
Hello!

I bought my series 1 f21 2013 at Nov 2021 and I want it with fog lights. Unfortunately my model doesn't bring it from stock.
Hello!

I have fog lights and I found them just useless: they make hardly any difference in fog, really. I don't have them very clean, honestly , but anyway, they throw light very close to the car's nose, you need to move really slowly to take an advantage. Also, I am not too sure they make the car more noticeable in fog. By the way, the top version (M135i/M140i) doesn't have them, so if you are after appearance you might want to reconsider. I never use mine and I don't think I need them.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2022, 08:54 AM   #3
kidsfree
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 116i

Quote:
Originally Posted by No one View Post
Hello!

I have fog lights and I found them just useless: they make hardly any difference in fog, really. I don't have them very clean, honestly , but anyway, they throw light very close to the car's nose, you need to move really slowly to take an advantage. Also, I am not too sure they make the car more noticeable in fog. By the way, the top version (M135i/M140i) doesn't have them, so if you are after appearance you might want to reconsider. I never use mine and I don't think I need them.
Thanks for your reply!! I've already bought all the parts, so if possible I'd rather install it than not. Also, I only want fog lights for aesthetics. In my opinion it looks better
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2022, 02:07 PM   #4
Regressor
Norway
Rep
Drives: F20 & E83

I did this to my f20, but i did not find where to hack the loom to get them coded in with a new switch, instead i made new wires with h8 plugs and wired them to a switch inside the car. I have them go on with the longlights in combo with a ledbar in the front.
Appreciate 0