BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition > Thinking of going pescatarian ?

02-15-2022, 11:09 PM   #1
nazali
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 230 2020 vert F23

Thinking of going pescatarian ?

I love meat in fact all living things that fly crawl run or swim.

I'm thinking more from a health standpoint. since my MI, actually since my full last bloodwork, my RBC is gone down, and I mean only just marginally minimum RBC is 4.50, mine is 4.49.

So really negligible. "BUT" I am feeling fatigued, now this "could" be due to the MI, but it's only been recently happening.

***YES I HAVE A DOCTORS*** appt tomorrow LOL

So I have some thoughts

1> Screw dat just take some Iron tablets and keep eating the beef

2> A diet rich in oily fish (which I love) Sardines, mackeral are high in iron and omega 3's

3> Is too much fish bad for you, as in gout ? I heard

4> I don't mind going meat once a month ? but generally fish ?

What say you
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2022, 05:57 AM   #2
chassis
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 9Y0 Cayenne S

Garage List
Glad to hear you are managing the MI.

Less red meat has been good for my wife and me.

Less fat and weight on our bodies. Larger portions and therefore more satisfying meals when eating lower calorie dense foods like veggies, chicken and fish.

Fish is the not the answer, it is part of the answer.

How is your BMI? How is your exercise level? These are equally important as diet.

I consider myself a vegetarian by choice and an omnivore by necessity. When there is a good vegetarian option either at home or at a restaurant, I choose this first. When such options don’t exist, I seek first fish or chicken, then pork or beef.
Appreciate 1
nazali1264.50
      02-16-2022, 06:13 AM   #3
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazali View Post
I love meat in fact all living things that fly crawl run or swim.

I'm thinking more from a health standpoint. since my MI, actually since my full last bloodwork, my RBC is gone down, and I mean only just marginally minimum RBC is 4.50, mine is 4.49.

So really negligible. "BUT" I am feeling fatigued, now this "could" be due to the MI, but it's only been recently happening.

***YES I HAVE A DOCTORS*** appt tomorrow LOL

So I have some thoughts

1> Screw dat just take some Iron tablets and keep eating the beef

2> A diet rich in oily fish (which I love) Sardines, mackeral are high in iron and omega 3's

3> Is too much fish bad for you, as in gout ? I heard

4> I don't mind going meat once a month ? but generally fish ?

What say you

MI = myo infarc ?

I need red meat at least two or three times a month if not more. I think it prevents lethargy in me.
Appreciate 1
nazali1264.50
      02-16-2022, 12:30 PM   #4
nazali
Major
Canada
Rep

txs for the reply, after the MI, I dropped from 83/84kg's to 70, now I'm floating around 72-74, depending on my water retention, my BMW is good, could be better.
I was exercising but stopped due to fatigue,it's also it was -neg numbers so that was hampering my breathing, must get back on my bike !

"first fish or chicken, then pork or beef"
now that is an idea I like, that said we don't go out restaurants much, I do the cooking !

Quote:
Originally Posted by chassis View Post
Glad to hear you are managing the MI.

Less red meat has been good for my wife and me.

Less fat and weight on our bodies. Larger portions and therefore more satisfying meals when eating lower calorie dense foods like veggies, chicken and fish.

Fish is the not the answer, it is part of the answer.

How is your BMI? How is your exercise level? These are equally important as diet.

I consider myself a vegetarian by choice and an omnivore by necessity. When there is a good vegetarian option either at home or at a restaurant, I choose this first. When such options don’t exist, I seek first fish or chicken, then pork or beef.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2022, 12:34 PM   #5
nazali
Major
Canada
Rep

Yes, I had a STEMI, full blown and only just made it by a few minutes, I thought it was indigestion and it wasn't, para's jumped all the reds and got me into the cath ward, spent 5 weeks in hospital, they wanted to put a mechanical heart in me, my heart damage was extensive (EF was 10% at one point now 25%)

The lethargy is new, but I'm not sure if that is due to my diabetes (high blood sugar) or the "lowish" RBC, which the doc told me is not a prob, so it still could be my heart.

Was looking into fish as an healthier alternative to red meat

I still will eat red meat but less often

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caravaggio View Post
MI = myo infarc ?

I need red meat at least two or three times a month if not more. I think it prevents lethargy in me.
Appreciate 1
chassis6373.50
      02-16-2022, 01:08 PM   #6
tcphoto
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i 6MT Coupe

I had a knee injury a year ago and had to stop running for a month. During that time, I watched a Netflix show on an MMA athlete that had two significant knee injuries at the same time. He did some research, went vegan and his performance went to another level. I decided to give it a try but will admit that I'll eat meat once or twice a month. I don't know if I feel better but at 58, I feel like my fitness level is good and I'm pretty healthy. For me, it's all about moderation and not denying yourself meat or fish if you want it from time to time.
      02-16-2022, 06:47 PM   #7
nazali
Major
Canada
Rep

Hey, man,, that's an awesome story !
txs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcphoto View Post
I had a knee injury a year ago and had to stop running for a month. During that time, I watched a Netflix show on an MMA athlete that had two significant knee injuries at the same time. He did some research, went vegan and his performance went to another level. I decided to give it a try but will admit that I'll eat meat once or twice a month. I don't know if I feel better but at 58, I feel like my fitness level is good and I'm pretty healthy. For me, it's all about moderation and not denying yourself meat or fish if you want it from time to time.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2022, 08:02 PM   #8
chassis
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 9Y0 Cayenne S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nazali View Post
Yes, I had a STEMI, full blown and only just made it by a few minutes, I thought it was indigestion and it wasn't, para's jumped all the reds and got me into the cath ward, spent 5 weeks in hospital, they wanted to put a mechanical heart in me, my heart damage was extensive (EF was 10% at one point now 25%)

The lethargy is new, but I'm not sure if that is due to my diabetes (high blood sugar) or the "lowish" RBC, which the doc told me is not a prob, so it still could be my heart.

Was looking into fish as an healthier alternative to red meat

I still will eat red meat but less often
Glad you made it though and are here to post about it.

Food quantity is equally as important as food quality.

Focus on portion size reduction, achieving and maintaining BMI in the healthy zone, and exercise regularly. And eat less red meat, which itself is a small part of the whole picture.
Appreciate 1
nazali1264.50
      02-17-2022, 10:46 AM   #9
nazali
Major
Canada
Rep

txs Chassis
Appreciate 0