BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > DIY Guides and Instructions > Manual headlight leveller inop

11-16-2023, 04:43 AM   #1
taylorit86
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 118d

Manual headlight leveller inop

Hey

I have a 2014 F20 and a 2018 F21 where both the manual headlight adjustment level on the rotary wheel on the headlight controls next to the headlight switch have stopped working. The automatic leveller is working as headlights adjust when both vehicles are switched on, however, the 2014 F20 has failed the MOT for this.

It seems a tad odd the exact same fault is on both vehicles, has any one else had this issue? Is it a coding issue or is it the rotary dial being at fault?

I have ordered a replacement headlight control, but don't think this is going to sort the issue. All wiring seems to be intact, have disconnected and reconnected each wiring loom within the headlight units to no avail. Headlight adjuster motors are working.

Matt
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2023, 08:54 AM   #2
taylorit86
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 118d

I have fixed, had to reset the ECU to factory default
Appreciate 0