BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > 2019 1 Series - my courtesy car
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-07-2019, 04:33 PM   #1
BimmerTom94
BimmerTom94
United Kingdom
69
Rep
120
Posts

Drives: 2005 BMW Z4 2.5i
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Glasgow, Scotland

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW 520d  [0.00]
2005 BMW Z4  [0.00]
2019 1 Series - my courtesy car

Hey Guys,

I recently got a 2019 BMW 1 series as a courtesy car and I made a short video of it, if anyone wants to check it out? It is a nice dark grey M sport.
Thomas

Appreciate 0
      08-07-2019, 06:54 PM   #2
ovekvam
Brigadier General
Norway
197
Rep
3,132
Posts

Drives: F20 LCI 118i M-Sport B38
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bryne, Norway

iTrader: (0)

Wow! BMW finally fixed the indicator stalk! It is not like that in our 2016 118i. I really wish I had those stalks.
Appreciate 1
      08-09-2019, 08:57 AM   #3
Karabas
Banned
Germany
13
Rep
29
Posts

Drives: BMW X1 F48 sDrive 2.0i M-Sport
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Berlin

iTrader: (0)

In 2020, the Bavarian brand will present the most powerful version of the BMW 1-Series.
The debut of the BMW M140e with plug-in hybrid will take place next year. Novelty will be the most powerful version in the family. The hatchback will be equipped with a 2.0-liter 4-cylinder turbo engine and electric motor, with a total capacity of approximately 400 hp. and 500 Nm of torque.
The new powerful “penny” is also equipped with a 35 kW / h battery and a special system of water injection into the intake manifold, which allows reducing the temperature in the combustion chamber and increasing the boost pressure and productivity as soon as possible.
Appreciate 1
      08-09-2019, 09:34 AM   #4
ovekvam
Brigadier General
Norway
197
Rep
3,132
Posts

Drives: F20 LCI 118i M-Sport B38
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bryne, Norway

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karabas View Post
In 2020, the Bavarian brand will present the most powerful version of the BMW 1-Series.
The debut of the BMW M140e with plug-in hybrid will take place next year. Novelty will be the most powerful version in the family. The hatchback will be equipped with a 2.0-liter 4-cylinder turbo engine and electric motor, with a total capacity of approximately 400 hp. and 500 Nm of torque.
The new powerful “penny” is also equipped with a 35 kW / h battery and a special system of water injection into the intake manifold, which allows reducing the temperature in the combustion chamber and increasing the boost pressure and productivity as soon as possible.
Sounds interesting! Can I have it without the combustion engine? :-)
(It is surely kWh, not kW/h)
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2019, 10:03 AM   #5
Karabas
Banned
Germany
13
Rep
29
Posts

Drives: BMW X1 F48 sDrive 2.0i M-Sport
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Berlin

iTrader: (0)

Battery capacity is measured in kw/h.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2019, 10:50 AM   #6
ovekvam
Brigadier General
Norway
197
Rep
3,132
Posts

Drives: F20 LCI 118i M-Sport B38
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bryne, Norway

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karabas View Post
Battery capacity is measured in kw/h.
Power divided by time makes no sense. It is a measure of energy, so the correct unit is power multiplied with time. You could also write it as Joule.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2019, 11:03 AM   #7
Karabas
Banned
Germany
13
Rep
29
Posts

Drives: BMW X1 F48 sDrive 2.0i M-Sport
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Berlin

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovekvam View Post
Power divided by time makes no sense. It is a measure of energy, so the correct unit is power multiplied with time. You could also write it as Joule.
I agree,but it still applies in kw/h. It is more important that the car will be just a ''rocket''.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2019, 12:06 PM   #8
ovekvam
Brigadier General
Norway
197
Rep
3,132
Posts

Drives: F20 LCI 118i M-Sport B38
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bryne, Norway

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karabas View Post
I agree,but it still applies in kw/h. It is more important that the car will be just a ''rocket''.
Take a look at specifications for different electric cars. They are all rated in kWh or Ah. No division.

I guess both the combustion engine and the electric motor will use the front wheels only?
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2019, 12:33 PM   #9
Karabas
Banned
Germany
13
Rep
29
Posts

Drives: BMW X1 F48 sDrive 2.0i M-Sport
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Berlin

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovekvam View Post
Take a look at specifications for different electric cars. They are all rated in kWh or Ah. No division.

I guess both the combustion engine and the electric motor will use the front wheels only?
If there are two electric motors, then the rear wheels will be used.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2019, 01:31 PM   #10
Karabas
Banned
Germany
13
Rep
29
Posts

Drives: BMW X1 F48 sDrive 2.0i M-Sport
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Berlin

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovekvam View Post
Take a look at specifications for different electric cars. They are all rated in kWh or Ah. No division.

I guess both the combustion engine and the electric motor will use the front wheels only?
Currently, many automakers are starting to use powerful hybrid systems as part of a gasoline turbo engine and two electric motors. I think this is a transition period to the complete electrification of cars. At this time, the technology for producing batteries is not yet perfect ..
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2019, 01:53 PM   #11
ovekvam
Brigadier General
Norway
197
Rep
3,132
Posts

Drives: F20 LCI 118i M-Sport B38
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bryne, Norway

iTrader: (0)

The 2 series active tourer has the petrol turbo engine at the front wheels, and the electric driveline at the rear wheels. It is rather popular where I live. (Old) People like that it is tall (easy to get in and out of), four wheel drive, automatic transmission, and cheap to run (electric commute).
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2019, 02:04 PM   #12
Karabas
Banned
Germany
13
Rep
29
Posts

Drives: BMW X1 F48 sDrive 2.0i M-Sport
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Berlin

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovekvam View Post
The 2 series active tourer has the petrol turbo engine at the front wheels, and the electric driveline at the rear wheels. It is rather popular where I live. (Old) People like that it is tall (easy to get in and out of), four wheel drive, automatic transmission, and cheap to run (electric commute).
I heard that this model is being stopped producing.
Appreciate 1
      08-11-2019, 11:55 AM   #13
BimmerTom94
BimmerTom94
United Kingdom
69
Rep
120
Posts

Drives: 2005 BMW Z4 2.5i
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Glasgow, Scotland

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW 520d  [0.00]
2005 BMW Z4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovekvam View Post
Wow! BMW finally fixed the indicator stalk! It is not like that in our 2016 118i. I really wish I had those stalks.
Yeah I was surprised when I got into it and they changed that!
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2019, 01:04 PM   #14
ovekvam
Brigadier General
Norway
197
Rep
3,132
Posts

Drives: F20 LCI 118i M-Sport B38
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bryne, Norway

iTrader: (0)

I checked the price for the parts. Around 700 euros plus work involved, and perhaps coding as well. Too expensive for me.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2019, 03:01 AM   #15
Karabas
Banned
Germany
13
Rep
29
Posts

Drives: BMW X1 F48 sDrive 2.0i M-Sport
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Berlin

iTrader: (0)

The British edition of Autocar reported that future Jaguar Land Rover crossovers will switch to BMW platforms. Most likely, it will be the front-wheel-drive architecture of the FAAR, like the latest generation 1-Series and MINI models.The next Range Rover Evoque and Land Rover Discovery Sport will become close relatives of the MINI Countryman and BMW X1.
Appreciate 1
      08-13-2019, 03:40 AM   #16
Karabas
Banned
Germany
13
Rep
29
Posts

Drives: BMW X1 F48 sDrive 2.0i M-Sport
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Berlin

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerTom94 View Post
Hey Guys,

I recently got a 2019 BMW 1 series as a courtesy car and I made a short video of it, if anyone wants to check it out? It is a nice dark grey M sport.
Thomas

Wow!!!Wonderful!!!Good luck!!!
Appreciate 1
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
1 series, bmw, f20

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:57 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST