BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > Can anyone give me a driving lesson? And window help

02-28-2022, 09:15 AM   #1
Mast0rMason
Rep
Drives: BMW 120D F20

Can anyone give me a driving lesson? And window help

So my first BMW is also my first automatic and first rwd. My problem is stopping, coming to a stop you can still really feel the kinnect energy jolting you forwards as you stop. I tried easing off the brake as I come to a stop but I almost rear ended someone. Any tips on this..?

My problem with the window is it isn't automatic going back up and stops half way. I've tried holding down the button once it's down for 10-30 seconds and holding it up when it's back up for 10-30 seconds but it still didnt fix it. On the service history it's had a new window motor, does it need to be coded like everything else in a BMW?

Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2022, 10:21 AM   #2
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mast0rMason View Post
So my first BMW is also my first automatic and first rwd. My problem is stopping, coming to a stop you can still really feel the kinnect energy jolting you forwards as you stop. I tried easing off the brake as I come to a stop but I almost rear ended someone. Any tips on this..?
See the manual, page 98 (ABS, Brake assist). Never ease off the brake (even if it's vibrating) unless you need to reduce deceleration: ABS will do it better! Don't forget to get off the accelerator if you are using "advanced" driving techniques, though.

Quote:
My problem with the window is it isn't automatic going back up and stops half way. I've tried holding down the button once it's down for 10-30 seconds and holding it up when it's back up for 10-30 seconds but it still didnt fix it. On the service history it's had a new window motor, does it need to be coded like everything else in a BMW?
Perhaps. You can try an extended initialization procedure for an older model though.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2022, 03:38 PM   #3
Mast0rMason
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by No one View Post
See the manual, page 98 (ABS, Brake assist). Never ease off the brake (even if it's vibrating) unless you need to reduce deceleration: ABS will do it better! Don't forget to get off the accelerator if you are using "advanced" driving techniques, though.
I'll try the window one tomorrow morning. But no my braking is like an emergency stop, no matter how soft I try and brake
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2022, 06:30 PM   #4
No one
Major
Rep

Quote:
no my braking is like an emergency stop, no matter how soft I try and brake
Soft? To have emergency braking you should do it rather hard: press the brake pedal quickly, completely and hold it firmly until the car stops. If that doesn't seem to work you should have your braking system inspected! There's no error message and/or indicator light, I presume, so it should be a matter of servicing/maintenance: what about the braking fluid which should be changed every two years?
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2022, 03:44 PM   #5
Mast0rMason
Rep

Quote:
Soft? To have emergency braking you should do it rather hard: press the brake pedal quickly, completely and hold it firmly until the car stops. If that doesn't seem to work you should have your braking system inspected! There's no error message and/or indicator light, I presume, so it should be a matter of servicing/maintenance: what about the braking fluid which should be changed every two years?
No like the jolt at the end is like that sort of jolt just not as hard

Also my engine light came on for code p115c MAF not receiving enough air, I turned it off came back 15 mins later and the engine light disappeared. Any ideas?🤔
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2022, 06:31 PM   #6
No one
Major
Rep

Quote:
No like the jolt at the end is like that sort of jolt just not as hard
It looks like it's a drivetrain rather than a braking issue then. Is it the engine struggling to keep itself alive/running as the gearbox fails to release? Go manual then. Try to either switch to N to pre-empt the jolt or give the manual/sport mode a chance. And have errors read as they don't seem to necessarily trigger a Check Control message.

Quote:
Also my engine light came on for code p115c MAF not receiving enough air, I turned it off came back 15 mins later and the engine light disappeared. Any ideas?��
Only the obvious ones: search , address a service.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2022, 10:16 AM   #7
John Kemsworth
Banned
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Perhaps. You can try an extended initialization procedure for an older model though.
Quote:

Thank you!
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Noted okay
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2022, 10:18 AM   #8
John Kemsworth
Banned
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:

Thank you!
Quote:

Thank you!
c
Cool where are you
Appreciate 1