BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > 8HP45 tranmission - error codes - Help needed on what to do

11-06-2021, 02:44 PM   #1
Transaction
Rep
Drives: F20 118i Sportline

8HP45 tranmission - error codes - Help needed on what to do

Hi Guys,
I would like to get some help on the issues I had with my F20 118i for which you could experience with your bimmers.

I have attached the codes as JPG below.

What happened, it gave a drivetrain error where the car didnt go forward and after some RPM of 2000 it moved very slowly.. So, I parked to somewhere more appropriate. I stopped the car and after 4-5 min, I have restarted no errors but when I put on D and, it moved with abruply forward after a few meter later, it gave the same drivetrain error. When Happens, it does not engaged to R at all, put itself to N, but it can put on D. Turn off the car and again restarted no error but same story. I put the computer to the car and get the fault list shared below. I called road help to tow to a private service for sure to get some idea and same story and fault codes.

It seems Converter Clutch cannot couple the engine to the output in the transmission. Based on the fault KM info, the others happened due to slippage. So, the issue can be due to the Transmission converter clutch (TCC) solenoid failure??

The mechanic told me that torque convertor is broken so he suggested to change the transmission with new one or used one.

So, I will appreciate your suggestions, input on this for deciding my next steps...

Thanks in advance.
Attached Images

Last edited by Transaction; 11-06-2021 at 03:23 PM.. Reason: completion of the title
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2021, 02:45 AM   #2
F2DR1VER
Rep
Drives: BMW F20

Did you try an oil change and reset fault codes?
Appreciate 0