BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > BMW 116i Rear View Camera not working.

04-19-2021, 05:41 PM   #1
fredrikboberg
Rep
Drives: BMW F20 116i 2012

BMW 116i Rear View Camera not working.

Hello again!

I have stumbled upon yet another issue with my car, this time electrical. For rougly a month now my rear view camera has not been functioning as it should. Sometimes it may work, but other times it will just display a purple screen. The assist lines and obstacle markings are still there, but there is no image at all.

The funny thing is that it works sometimes. Lets say I go to park it. First time reversing in to the parking spot it could show the image as it should, but if I have to adjust and drive a bit forward, then put it back into reverse the purple image will show again.

It has been like this for a while, and now for the past week or so it hasn’t turned on once. This makes me feel like it is just a bad/corroded wire or a loose connection somewhere.

I also dont know how it is all hooked up. Is it as easy as removing the interior boot trim and accessing the camera from there, or is it a different approach to removing it?

Has anyone in here had a similar issue with their vehicle, and know what they did to fix it?

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0