BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > Android Auto Comes to BMW From Mid-2020! [Updated With Video]
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-12-2019, 09:54 PM   #89
antzcrashing
Colonel
antzcrashing's Avatar
United_States
702
Rep
2,165
Posts

Drives: 2018 BMW 440i GC
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Eastern MA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Cool, so does thst mean you can get the car with either android auto or apple? Or does this mean apple is out?
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2019, 04:24 AM   #90
phillyd2
Lieutenant
165
Rep
422
Posts

Drives: 2020 M340i XDrive
Join Date: May 2012
Location: SE, PA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by antzcrashing View Post
Cool, so does thst mean you can get the car with either android auto or apple? Or does this mean apple is out?
Should mean that it has BOTH.
Appreciate 1
      12-13-2019, 08:11 AM   #91
omasou
Colonel
omasou's Avatar
United_States
1072
Rep
2,031
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: US

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Since some said mobile os preference might be a "location" thing, I did a quick search for grins and giggles. This may be compete incorrect as I didn't verify my sources but what I did find interesting is that two completely different web sites, 6 years apart (2013 vs. 2019) show that distribution hasn't changed very much if at all, except that Saudi Arabia went from unknown to iOS.
Attached Images
  
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2019, 08:26 AM   #92
brocurls
Second Lieutenant
United_States
168
Rep
256
Posts

Drives: Mazdarati
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: DE

iTrader: (0)

Don't like the Apple products, love the Apple stock.

Can't wait till Apple VR and eventually an Apple vehicle...stock will explode.
__________________
///2020 M4 (F82) SanMarinoBlue w/Full BlkLeath, Comp, Exec, ABSM, 6MT

DD: 2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD MeteorGray
Wife's: 2019 Audi SQ5 NavarraBlue Premium Plus w/Blk Optic Package
Appreciate 1
      12-13-2019, 09:48 AM   #93
clee1982
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
677
Rep
1,611
Posts

Drives: 2019 BMW 540i xDrive
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I got iPhone because it's free from the company and they upgrade to the latest iPhone every 2 years...

No strong preference to iOS or Android though I'm definitely very used to iOS these days. Haven't code in a long time, if I code on device then maybe I'll see which one I have a preference on.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2019, 01:24 PM   #94
heavyD^2
Major
heavyD^2's Avatar
Canada
1272
Rep
1,330
Posts

Drives: X3M Competition
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Calgary, Alberta Canada

iTrader: (0)

I see BMW finally realized that poor people stretch their credit enough to buy BMW's.
Appreciate 2
hans007551.50
Habs15.00

      12-13-2019, 10:52 PM   #95
hans007
Major
552
Rep
1,059
Posts

Drives: 2020 BMW M340i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD^2 View Post
I see BMW finally realized that poor people stretch their credit enough to buy BMW's.
hey a CPO fwd X1 or something, is totally well within the grasp of most people.

They gotta move those CPO units too.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2019, 11:08 PM   #96
bloozemanAZ
Captain
bloozemanAZ's Avatar
751
Rep
945
Posts

Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Arizona

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahlem View Post
The biggest problem with any wireless connection is it ain't stable as wired connection, for me using Bluetooth/car play vs using the USB port, there is a significant drop to audio quality when listening to music from sources like spotify or google music.

Could be my imagination or not but i have tested this out in the garage with as little background noises as possible and tried both and the audio from USB wired connection vs the Car play/Bluetooth and imo there is an enormous in difference, now this could be fixed with the newest Bluetooth coding that is coming soon but i doubt we will see that in BMW cars anytime soon, so for me the USB sound > Bluetooth Sound any day of the week for now until the new Bluetooth codecs come but i don't think we will see that in any BMW car until 2025 or so.
Not your imagination whatsoever as USB offers greater bandwidth than Bluetooth. I have an SSD hooked up in the console USBC Port of my 2020 M850i coupe to enjoy the B&W audio system in it. For grins I have subscribed to the Amazon Music Plus HD 3-month trial (normally I'm just a plus subscriber to listen to music in the office at work). Using the same USBC Port the quality is pretty decent but obviously not as good as the FLAC HiRez files on the SSD.

Last edited by bloozemanAZ; 12-13-2019 at 11:57 PM..
Appreciate 2
clee1982677.00
Nahlem549.00

      12-13-2019, 11:46 PM   #97
bloozemanAZ
Captain
bloozemanAZ's Avatar
751
Rep
945
Posts

Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Arizona

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conissah View Post
So basically it still screws over those of us that have new BMW's. By the sounds of it, my 2020 M2C won't get AA. Boooooo
Couldn't believe this until I just checked, i.e., I assumed iDrive 7.0 was ubiquitous for the 2020 models.
Appreciate 1
Conissah1135.00

      12-16-2019, 10:39 PM   #98
Habs
New Member
United_States
15
Rep
22
Posts

Drives: '17 F80 M3 ZCP, Mexico Blue
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Westchester NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conissah View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex2364 View Post
Looks like it's finally coming next year.
So basically it still screws over those of us that have new BMW's. By the sounds of it, my 2020 M2C won't get AA. Boooooo

Fairly certain AA is MUCH easier to integrate than AC, as the latter requires some extra hardware, if I remember correctly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conissah View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex2364 View Post
Looks like it's finally coming next year.
So basically it still screws over those of us that have new BMW's. By the sounds of it, my 2020 M2C won't get AA. Boooooo

Fairly certain AA is MUCH easier to integrate than AC, as the latter requires some extra hardware, if I remember correctly.
When it becomes available, you will be able to add AA via over the air software update to your iDrive system. I drive a '17 M3 that did not come with factory installed Apple CarPlay and I figured out a couple weeks ago that it was just an easy update away.
__________________
'17 F80 M3 Mexico Blue ZCP
'11 E90 M3 Le Mans Blue - Sold
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2019, 05:47 AM   #99
elbro
New Member
elbro's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
12
Posts

Drives: F90 M5
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conissah View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex2364 View Post
Looks like it's finally coming next year.
So basically it still screws over those of us that have new BMW's. By the sounds of it, my 2020 M2C won't get AA. Boooooo

Fairly certain AA is MUCH easier to integrate than AC, as the latter requires some extra hardware, if I remember correctly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conissah View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex2364 View Post
Looks like it's finally coming next year.
So basically it still screws over those of us that have new BMW's. By the sounds of it, my 2020 M2C won't get AA. Boooooo

Fairly certain AA is MUCH easier to integrate than AC, as the latter requires some extra hardware, if I remember correctly.
When it becomes available, you will be able to add AA via over the air software update to your iDrive system. I drive a '17 M3 that did not come with factory installed Apple CarPlay and I figured out a couple weeks ago that it was just an easy update away.
It'll only be available on iDrive 7 according to the article. Not an update, if you're not already on v7.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2019, 12:52 PM   #100
Cortexiphan
Captain
Cortexiphan's Avatar
United_States
770
Rep
669
Posts

Drives: 18' BMW 540i MSport
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Boston, MA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebmw View Post
If true, that means 90% of BMW owners are just brand whores who are only driving them as a status symbol. Those same people wearing Lululemon's and go to Starbucks every morning and act like the world is ending everyday. They are clueless people who ironically are less intelligent and less successful and many of their counterparts who don't own Apple phones because those Android owners have been enlightened.
Actually it’s more about education, style, taste, etc.
Tasteless and uneducated or financially restricted people are most likely to buy Android devices which are ugly, unsecure, sluggish, unsophisticated except maybe a few models like Pixel 4.
I can tell you that we’re developing mobile apps. You can submit the same quality of app in Google Play store and App Store, Apple will come back to you with a long list of bugs and feedback about your app and ask you to fix them before it’s published, meanwhile your Android app would be in play store the following day, with all the bugs included. And later, we wouldn’t get much complains from Android users as they’re not quality, stability seeking as iOS users. They’re used to low grade software... That’s actually why we hear about iPhone “problems” because nobody cares about others phones. For months, if you had a protective film on the screen of your Galaxy note 10, anyone could unlock your phone using the onscreen fingerprint sensor. If this happened in iPhone, it would be headline on New York Times, and clueless haters would repeat that a dozen times under this topic. But Samsung did it, that’s ok. Nobody expects perfection from them.

There are a lot of Apple haters, but in reality IPhone is indisputably the best smartphone, based on objective criterias. It has the highest customer satisfaction in smartphone industry, but also you can include the entire consumer electronics industry, IPhone is still at the top in customer satisfaction. Also the most reliable, secure, stable device, with the best build quality and with lowest error margins set in production by a mile, and being updated multiple times every year for at least 4 years after you bought it. Latest models have also the best camera quality, best battery life, way waayyy faster processors than its “competitors” which actually are not really ‘“competitors””.
__________________
E93 330i ///Msport
E70 3.0si
E92 ///M3

F82 ///M4
G30 540i ///Msport

Last edited by Cortexiphan; 12-17-2019 at 01:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2019, 01:07 PM   #101
thebmw
Post Advisor
thebmw's Avatar
550
Rep
1,204
Posts

Drives: Many BMWs and SRTs
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Illinois

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortexiphan View Post
Actually it’s more about education, style, taste, etc.
Tasteless and uneducated or financially restricted people are most likely to buy Android devices which are ugly, unsecure, sluggish, unsophisticated except maybe a few models like Pixel 4.
I can tell you that we’re developing mobile apps. You can submit the same quality of app in Google Play store and App Store, Apple will come back to you with a long list of bugs and feedback about your app and ask you to fix them before it’s published, meanwhile your Android app would be in play store the following day, with all the bugs included. And later, we wouldn’t get much complains from Android users as they’re not quality, stability seeking as iOS users. They’re used to low grade software... That’s actually why we hear about iPhone “problems” because nobody cares about others phones. For months, if you had a protective film on the screen of your Galaxy note 10, anyone could unlock your phone using the onscreen fingerprint sensor. If this happened in iPhone, it would be headline on New York Times, and clueless haters would repeat that a dozen times under this topic. But Samsung did it, that’s ok. Nobody expects perfection from them.

There are a lot of Apple haters, but in reality IPhone is indisputably the best smartphone, based on objective criterias. It has the highest customer satisfaction in smartphone industry, but also you can include the entire consumer electronics industry, IPhone is still at the top in customer satisfaction. Also the most reliable, secure, stable device, with the best build quality and with lowest error margins set in production by a mile, and being updated multiple times every year for at least 4 years after you bought it. Latest models have also the best camera quality, best battery life, way waayyy faster processors than its “competitors” which actually are not really ‘“competitors””.
Thank you for completely verifying my point about elitism. BTW, your "facts" are actually not supported by data. Virtually all the actual innovations in camera, glass, edge, swipe, etc technology was on Android based platforms. Funny you speak of batteries, because it is pretty well covered how Apple purposefully programed their batteries to FAIL. Nice company you are loyal to! They screw you and you still worship them! Objectivity and humbleness are important virtues in life. Apple Zombies seem to lack these essential traits.
Appreciate 1
Conissah1135.00

      12-17-2019, 01:37 PM   #102
Cortexiphan
Captain
Cortexiphan's Avatar
United_States
770
Rep
669
Posts

Drives: 18' BMW 540i MSport
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Boston, MA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebmw View Post
Thank you for completely verifying my point about elitism. BTW, your "facts" are actually not supported by data. Virtually all the actual innovations in camera, glass, edge, swipe, etc technology was on Android based platforms. Funny you speak of batteries, because it is pretty well covered how Apple purposefully programed their batteries to FAIL. Nice company you are loyal to! They screw you and you still worship them! Objectivity and humbleness are important virtues in life. Apple Zombies seem to lack these essential traits.
You’re proving my point about Apple haters being uninformed. It’s very frustrating that people who know nothing about a subject have so strong opinions...

It’s never late to learn:
Apple didn’t program their batteries to fail intentionally. If your battery has lost its capacity to hold power, it can’t supply the voltage when the CPU load peaks. So, if you have a degraded battery, whenever the CPU asks for peak power, the phone will shut down. It’s a problem for Apple because iPhones are being used for 5+ years unlike any Android phone Apple came up with a resolution. (This is not a problem for Android, because Android phones lose support in 2 years at most (if you’re lucky) and they will also fall apart because of poor material and build quality in most cases. That’s why you see a bunch of iPhone 6 phones around from 5 years ago, but all galaxy s5s are I’m landfills)

As a solution, Apple underclocks the CPU so that the phone keeps working when the battery capacity falls below a certain level. That’s it. And you can go to an Apple store and replace the battery for $29, and the performance would restore to its original state. The same thing happens with all the Android phones, but who the hell uses and Android for that long? And is there any Android phone that receives software updates that long? Answers: No one, and no. Do you understand or should I explain in a lower level?

This is the situation for most Apple haters. They’re just reading headlines, thus severely uninformed, and they don’t know what makes a device good.(Hint: not the number of features.)
__________________
E93 330i ///Msport
E70 3.0si
E92 ///M3

F82 ///M4
G30 540i ///Msport

Last edited by Cortexiphan; 12-17-2019 at 01:46 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2019, 02:20 PM   #103
thebmw
Post Advisor
thebmw's Avatar
550
Rep
1,204
Posts

Drives: Many BMWs and SRTs
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Illinois

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortexiphan View Post
You’re proving my point about Apple haters being uninformed. It’s very frustrating that people who know nothing about a subject have so strong opinions...

It’s never late to learn:
Apple didn’t program their batteries to fail intentionally. If your battery has lost its capacity to hold power, it can’t supply the voltage when the CPU load peaks. So, if you have a degraded battery, whenever the CPU asks for peak power, the phone will shut down. It’s a problem for Apple because iPhones are being used for 5+ years unlike any Android phone Apple came up with a resolution. (This is not a problem for Android, because Android phones lose support in 2 years at most (if you’re lucky) and they will also fall apart because of poor material and build quality in most cases. That’s why you see a bunch of iPhone 6 phones around from 5 years ago, but all galaxy s5s are I’m landfills)

As a solution, Apple underclocks the CPU so that the phone keeps working when the battery capacity falls below a certain level. That’s it. And you can go to an Apple store and replace the battery for $29, and the performance would restore to its original state. The same thing happens with all the Android phones, but who the hell uses and Android for that long? And is there any Android phone that receives software updates that long? Answers: No one, and no. Do you understand or should I explain in a lower level?

This is the situation for most Apple haters. They’re just reading headlines, thus severely uninformed, and they don’t know what makes a device good.(Hint: not the number of features.)
Thanks for letting me know that my Android devices don't update (even though they do). Thanks for dumbing things down to someone who probably has numerous more doctorate degrees than you. Thanks for spreading more propaganda about your Nazi phone. What would we stupid free-thinking people do without your non-biased opinions? You are an asset to this community. Thanks again.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2019, 02:26 PM   #104
Cortexiphan
Captain
Cortexiphan's Avatar
United_States
770
Rep
669
Posts

Drives: 18' BMW 540i MSport
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Boston, MA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebmw View Post
Thanks for letting me know that my Android devices don't update (even though they do). Thanks for dumbing things down to someone who probably has numerous more doctorate degrees than you. Thanks for spreading more propaganda about your Nazi phone. What would we stupid free-thinking people do without your non-biased opinions? You are an asset to this community. Thanks again.
Typical.. And sad as I would expect someone with multiple phds to be open to learning new things, get informed in areas they're clueless about. Also, is your phd in computer science? My masters degree is. But I don't deny learning anything new. Oh, also I wish iPhone had a serious competition, so I'm actually routing for competitors. But since last Pixel 4 - which is my 2nd phone-, I've lost hope.

Seriously, if you're mocking me about the explanation of the iPhone battery story, do you have the correct version? I'm listening.

You said: "Funny you speak of batteries, because it is pretty well covered how Apple purposefully programed their batteries to FAIL."

I said:
"Apple didn’t program their batteries to fail intentionally. If your battery has lost its capacity to hold power, it can’t supply the voltage when the CPU load peaks. So, if you have a degraded battery, whenever the CPU asks for peak power, the phone will shut down. It’s a problem for Apple because iPhones are being used for 5+ years unlike any Android phone Apple came up with a resolution. (This is not a problem for Android, because Android phones lose support in 2 years at most (if you’re lucky) and they will also fall apart because of poor material and build quality in most cases. That’s why you see a bunch of iPhone 6 phones around from 5 years ago, but all galaxy s5s are I’m landfills)"

You're a true academician, as your arguments are undisputable and well rounded, and well sourced (!)
I guess your phd is in trolling.
__________________
E93 330i ///Msport
E70 3.0si
E92 ///M3

F82 ///M4
G30 540i ///Msport

Last edited by Cortexiphan; 12-17-2019 at 02:36 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2019, 03:07 PM   #105
thebmw
Post Advisor
thebmw's Avatar
550
Rep
1,204
Posts

Drives: Many BMWs and SRTs
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Illinois

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortexiphan View Post
Typical.. And sad as I would expect someone with multiple phds to be open to learning new things, get informed in areas they're clueless about. Also, is your phd in computer science? My masters degree is. But I don't deny learning anything new. Oh, also I wish iPhone had a serious competition, so I'm actually routing for competitors. But since last Pixel 4 - which is my 2nd phone-, I've lost hope.

Seriously, if you're mocking me about the explanation of the iPhone battery story, do you have the correct version? I'm listening.

You said: "Funny you speak of batteries, because it is pretty well covered how Apple purposefully programed their batteries to FAIL."

I said:
"Apple didn’t program their batteries to fail intentionally. If your battery has lost its capacity to hold power, it can’t supply the voltage when the CPU load peaks. So, if you have a degraded battery, whenever the CPU asks for peak power, the phone will shut down. It’s a problem for Apple because iPhones are being used for 5+ years unlike any Android phone Apple came up with a resolution. (This is not a problem for Android, because Android phones lose support in 2 years at most (if you’re lucky) and they will also fall apart because of poor material and build quality in most cases. That’s why you see a bunch of iPhone 6 phones around from 5 years ago, but all galaxy s5s are I’m landfills)"

You're a true academician, as your arguments are undisputable and well rounded, and well sourced (!)
I guess your phd is in trolling.
Again, thanks for proving all my points. I now feel quite reassured about Android. Interesting fact, every racist I have encountered owns an iPhone. They all seem to harbor hate, bully people, and have huge biases filled with false assumptions. This doesn't mean that every iPhone user is like this though.

Last edited by thebmw; 12-17-2019 at 03:22 PM..
Appreciate 1
WolfGTI251.00

      12-17-2019, 04:02 PM   #106
Conissah
Captain
Conissah's Avatar
1135
Rep
912
Posts

Drives: 2020 BMW M2C
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Charlotte, NC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortexiphan View Post
Actually it’s more about education, style, taste, etc.
Tasteless and uneducated or financially restricted people are most likely to buy Android devices which are ugly, unsecure, sluggish, unsophisticated except maybe a few models like Pixel 4.
No one cares that you have an iPhone or a Masters, pipe down. My $300 Pixel 3a has features your $1000+ iPhone doesn't have... Based off what is bolded, you only own an iPhone because you don't want to seem poor or ignorant; you're a sheep. I bet you think you're better than those poor folks who drive around in Honda's and Toyota's too huh? Grow up. Your opinion means shit to anyone. NEXT.


Back on topic, I'm really interested to see if an updated version of iDrive 6 will be rolled out to former customers enabling us to use AA.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2019, 05:48 PM   #107
adc
Major General
United_States
1566
Rep
5,902
Posts

Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ED
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MD/DC

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortexiphan View Post
Actually it’s more about education, style, taste, etc.
Tasteless and uneducated or financially restricted people are most likely to buy Android devices which are ugly, unsecure, sluggish, unsophisticated except maybe a few models like Pixel 4.
I can tell you that we’re developing mobile apps. You can submit the same quality of app in Google Play store and App Store, Apple will come back to you with a long list of bugs and feedback about your app and ask you to fix them before it’s published, meanwhile your Android app would be in play store the following day, with all the bugs included. And later, we wouldn’t get much complains from Android users as they’re not quality, stability seeking as iOS users. They’re used to low grade software... That’s actually why we hear about iPhone “problems” because nobody cares about others phones. For months, if you had a protective film on the screen of your Galaxy note 10, anyone could unlock your phone using the onscreen fingerprint sensor. If this happened in iPhone, it would be headline on New York Times, and clueless haters would repeat that a dozen times under this topic. But Samsung did it, that’s ok. Nobody expects perfection from them.

There are a lot of Apple haters, but in reality IPhone is indisputably the best smartphone, based on objective criterias. It has the highest customer satisfaction in smartphone industry, but also you can include the entire consumer electronics industry, IPhone is still at the top in customer satisfaction. Also the most reliable, secure, stable device, with the best build quality and with lowest error margins set in production by a mile, and being updated multiple times every year for at least 4 years after you bought it. Latest models have also the best camera quality, best battery life, way waayyy faster processors than its “competitors” which actually are not really ‘“competitors””.
Great way to make yourself look like a donkey's behind.

My Note 9 from last year still has business oriented features that Apple has yet to introduce to their line, such a stylus for taking notes in meetings, and a calendar widget which can display 3-4 days' at a time worth of meeting agenda. The truth is rarely black and white, and in such a competitive market it's hard to pinpoint an ultimate leader.

I have a masters too in the field, have done computer programming and software architecture for decades, and I'm financially secure. I can afford any tech gadget which appeals to me. Owning an iPhone does not automatically make you smart, educated, technically savvy or pretty. As you've just demonstrated.

And please fix your QA process instead of bragging about the number of bugs you release. You make us all look bad.
__________________

2018 F80 Santorini
2004 Z4 3.0
2014 X3 35i
Appreciate 2
WolfGTI251.00
gotchy0.00

      12-17-2019, 07:17 PM   #108
Cortexiphan
Captain
Cortexiphan's Avatar
United_States
770
Rep
669
Posts

Drives: 18' BMW 540i MSport
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Boston, MA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conissah View Post
Based off what is bolded, you only own an iPhone because you don't want to seem poor or ignorant; you're a sheep. I bet you think you're better than those poor folks who drive around in Honda's and Toyota's too huh? Grow up. Your opinion means shit to anyone. NEXT.
No, based on "thebmw"s post, and your post, I'm making a point about people who makes such clueless, wrong, empty arguments (Apple intentionally made batteries failed, my pixel has more features etc)
I don't think I'm better than anyone or anyone is better than me. I'm giving factual statistics. Most highly educated people, or people who make more money use iPhones. But that doesn't make them better, considering you are probably wealthy and educated, so is 'thebmw.'
Neither of you have any arguments against the facts that I have stated. Just personal attacks and trolling, which what I was expecting.
__________________
E93 330i ///Msport
E70 3.0si
E92 ///M3

F82 ///M4
G30 540i ///Msport
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2019, 07:25 PM   #109
Cortexiphan
Captain
Cortexiphan's Avatar
United_States
770
Rep
669
Posts

Drives: 18' BMW 540i MSport
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Boston, MA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebmw View Post
Again, thanks for proving all my points. I now feel quite reassured about Android. Interesting fact, every racist I have encountered owns an iPhone. They all seem to harbor hate, bully people, and have huge biases filled with false assumptions. This doesn't mean that every iPhone user is like this though.
AGAIN, I guess you still don't understand. You said, Apple is intentionally failing iPhone batteries. I gave you the whole explanation about that. So do you have a counter argument? Or were you just making up stuff based on a few click bait headlines that you saw?
Or your argument is that iPhone people are racist nazis? What does it have to do with anything?

All my points have already been proven:

This is the iPhone battery throttling thing you LIED ABOUT.
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208387

And this is about education and financials of iPhone vs Android globally. from Forbes.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/toddhix.../#2e8b29a7d1b0
__________________
E93 330i ///Msport
E70 3.0si
E92 ///M3

F82 ///M4
G30 540i ///Msport

Last edited by Cortexiphan; 12-17-2019 at 07:46 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2019, 07:35 PM   #110
Cortexiphan
Captain
Cortexiphan's Avatar
United_States
770
Rep
669
Posts

Drives: 18' BMW 540i MSport
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Boston, MA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
Owning an iPhone does not automatically make you smart, educated, technically savvy or pretty. As you've just demonstrated.

And please fix your QA process instead of bragging about the number of bugs you release. You make us all look bad.
Of course owning an iPhone does not make you automatically smart, educated, technically savvy. But statistically speaking, you're most likely to be in that group if you're using an iPhone. Reference: every single freaking research that has ever been done. Is this that hard to understand or accept?
And I think, if you wanna look cool or different and you're in that 'upper class' circles, you would have a better shot with an Android that nobody have seen, because all those people are on iPhones already. That would be like taking a surface book in Pixar or NASA or Google which all use Macs or Linux only. Everybody would be curious about your hybrid Windows laptop in those environments.

So this is number one.
Second, you say "As you've just demonstrated" sarcastically. Did I demonstrate that by explaining the technical reasons behind iPhone battery stuff to a person who claims who knows but has no idea? And who calls iPhone owners nazis and racist? Which one is tech savvy? Of course the guy who doesn't know anything, and who call people nazis, because he's on your side? Great. I also gave a tech savvy explanation about Apple's and Google's approval process, which I've been through many times. I managed Android software development projects, and used Android for months (unfortunately) before some launches. So I don't see why you're mocking with my tech savviness? Oh well, I know, I'm not on your side. So I'm a nazi, I'm not educated, tech savvy, whatever right?

Oh also, all software has bugs. No matter what you do, you will ship some bugs.
__________________
E93 330i ///Msport
E70 3.0si
E92 ///M3

F82 ///M4
G30 540i ///Msport

Last edited by Cortexiphan; 12-17-2019 at 07:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:51 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST