BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Dating - Good/Bad Experiences

12-15-2023, 11:49 AM   #12387
Mason Hatcher
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinniciF32 View Post
Thread revive

This was a good thread, anyone have any good/bad/scary date stories?

Summer 2023 - Started chatting with this girl on Chispa, missed all the red flags and acting foolishly
Fixed it.

Never, ever, let them know where you live until you have established they are stable. And you should stop dating until you either mature or get some coaching.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2023, 01:34 PM   #12388
chinniciF32
Noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: f32 n55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-Addicted View Post
While women that can't hide their crazy in public are difficult, the sex is fantastic.
"No doubt exists that all women are crazy; it's only a question of degree."
W. C. Fields
for what its worth i totally agree it was fantastic but it came with a price. Lesson learned i suppose
      12-15-2023, 02:28 PM   #12389
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

There's a lot to read here, so I'm WAY out of touch with the dating scene.

I can say that I know it's over for me, however lol. And I don't have the patience or will to delve into dating apps. I did try once or twice, however.

Even tho I check many of the common boxes mentioned as important and attractive to women within my age range (physically fit, stabe career, don't need a surrogate mom, chivalrous, etc.) I believe either all the good women are already taken by guys who appreciated what the bring to the table, the single women in my age range are not sure what they even want, so don't appreciated what they actually have, and then the hot single ladies are simply conditioned to be so entitled, they too will always be single since nothing will be good enough, lol.

I don't normally vist this thread as i have nothing to contribute, so forgive me as I've had a long layover while traveling for work, so I'm just bored at the bar (bar tender treating me good) waiting to get back to my place once my flight starts boarding.
Esteban50191.00
Alfisti6779.00
xander_g1031.50
      12-15-2023, 03:17 PM   #12390
Car-Addicted
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M4 CS

Garage List
2020 BMW M4 CS  [9.91]
The reason dating is a nightmare is to help you get past the issues that come up in marriage. If we had no memory who would be marred?
“Women marry men hoping they will change. Men marry women hoping they will not.” – Albert Einstein
Appreciate 3
MoeTE87957.50
LuvMyE923043.50
      12-15-2023, 04:31 PM   #12391
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Al was a damn smart man!
      12-18-2023, 07:59 AM   #12392
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai of 2day View Post

I can say that I know it's over for me, however lol. And I don't have the patience or will to delve into dating apps. I did try once or twice, however.
Dating apps (and social media for that matter) have completely destroyed the dating scene IMO. I avoid those things like the plague.

Quote:
Even tho I check many of the common boxes mentioned as important and attractive to women within my age range (physically fit, stable career, don't need a surrogate mom, chivalrous, etc.)
Women are attracted to confidence more than anything else. All of the things you listed take a back seat to confidence in a woman's brain.
Appreciate 1
      12-18-2023, 10:22 AM   #12393
chinniciF32
Noob
United_States
Rep

Quote:
There's a lot to read here, so I'm WAY out of touch with the dating scene.

Even tho I check many of the common boxes mentioned as important and attractive to women within my age range (physically fit, stabe career, don't need a surrogate mom, chivalrous, etc.) I believe either all the good women are already taken by guys who appreciated what the bring to the table, the single women in my age range are not sure what they even want, so don't appreciated what they actually have, and then the hot single ladies are simply conditioned to be so entitled, they too will always be single since nothing will be good enough, lol.

I don't normally vist this thread as i have nothing to contribute, so forgive me as I've had a long layover while traveling for work, so I'm just bored at the bar (bar tender treating me good) waiting to get back to my place once my flight starts boarding.
Yea the dating apps have worked pretty well for me so far but the regular way of meeting a girl in public is def better. That seems to be my experience to, a lot of the good ones are taken but i'd say maybe once a year (single for almost 3 years excluding situationships)I come across someone who checks all the boxes and only has a red flag or two (no one is perfect including myself) and things go well for awhile and then fizzle out for what ever reason.
      12-18-2023, 10:32 AM   #12394
chinniciF32
Noob
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chihuahua View Post
Dating apps (and social media for that matter) have completely destroyed the dating scene IMO. I avoid those things like the plague.

Women are attracted to confidence more than anything else. All of the things you listed take a back seat to confidence in a woman's brain.
Agreed, the apps can be good but they also have a huge downside to the dating scene. i suppose for introverted shy people it could be good because they dont have to do the initial approach if they are too nervous to do it in person.

Last edited by chinniciF32; 12-18-2023 at 01:28 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2023, 11:36 AM   #12395
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80

damn yall be hitting it raw too much. bout to get the clap and a child
Appreciate 1
      12-18-2023, 01:32 PM   #12396
chinniciF32
Noob
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by G35POPPEDMYCHERRY View Post
"hes had the clap so many times its more like an applause" -Slater-
      12-18-2023, 02:36 PM   #12397
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Agreed, the apps can be good but they also have a huge downside to the dating scene. i suppose for introverted shy people it could be good because they dont have to do the initial approach if they are too nervous to do it in person.
Exactly my point. The last thing most normal, healthy woman want is a shy, introverted man. They'll tell you this too.

Last edited by Chihuahua; 12-18-2023 at 02:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2023, 03:20 PM   #12398
///d
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 35d M Sport

When I was on dating apps the gals I did end up meeting with explained to me that they get so many perverted messages that they miss a lot of genuine ones. If your profile pic doesn't stand out or looks too douchey they won't even look, or if your message doesn't grab their attention they wont even open it. I also had a gal tell me after maybe 20 minutes of messaging that I took too long to set up a date and she didn't want to spend forever getting to know someone through texts.

I feel like todays dating apps are more difficult than just going out somewhere. Attractive gals get bombarded with messages from all platforms. A past close friend of mine was very attractive and it was ridiculous the amount of messages she got just from Instagram or Facebook from dudes trying to hook up with her or take her out. A lot of those messages were seriously cringe...

My Diesel Information Thread | My Wheels, Tires, and Fitment Thread | My Teardrop Camper Build | My F15 Suspension Lift Thread
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2023, 04:40 PM   #12399
Tambohamilton
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E91 330d

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///d View Post
When I was on dating apps the gals I did end up meeting with explained to me that they get so many perverted messages that they miss a lot of genuine ones. If your profile pic doesn't stand out or looks too douchey they won't even look, or if your message doesn't grab their attention they wont even open it. I also had a gal tell me after maybe 20 minutes of messaging that I took too long to set up a date and she didn't want to spend forever getting to know someone through texts.

I feel like todays dating apps are more difficult than just going out somewhere. Attractive gals get bombarded with messages from all platforms. A past close friend of mine was very attractive and it was ridiculous the amount of messages she got just from Instagram or Facebook from dudes trying to hook up with her or take her out. A lot of those messages were seriously cringe...
Not justifying or legitimising any of those unwanted messages at all....but with social media if anyone gets unwanted attention there are privacy settings to lock things down. It sucks that it's necessary, but it's not going to change any time soon.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2023, 05:40 PM   #12400
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///d View Post

I've gotten the same feedback from my female friends. One girl I know told me she gets 100-150 messages PER DAY. Insanity. Dating apps are awful; they cause men to become thirsty and desperate, and they cause women to overvalue themselves. They're toxic as hell IMO.
Appreciate 5
///d1885.00
jmack550.00
a5m770.50
      12-18-2023, 05:46 PM   #12401
Tambohamilton
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E91 330d

How many of those are real, and how many are DickGPT?
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2023, 07:10 AM   #12402
///d
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 35d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambohamilton View Post
Not justifying or legitimising any of those unwanted messages at all....but with social media if anyone gets unwanted attention there are privacy settings to lock things down. It sucks that it's necessary, but it's not going to change any time soon.
A lot of truth to this, but my friend did have everything locked down except her profile photo was always of herself, and that alone would cause messages to come in.

Dudes are thirsty.

My Diesel Information Thread | My Wheels, Tires, and Fitment Thread | My Teardrop Camper Build | My F15 Suspension Lift Thread
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2023, 07:55 AM   #12403
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by G35POPPEDMYCHERRY View Post
These days you have to be smart even with someone you are dating. One of my friends was dating a girl for a year, ended up catching something from her because she got it from one of the guys she was cheating with.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2023, 08:00 AM   #12404
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
I've gotten the same feedback from my female friends. One girl I know told me she gets 100-150 messages PER DAY. Insanity. Dating apps are awful; they cause men to become thirsty and desperate, and they cause women to overvalue themselves. They're toxic as hell IMO.
It really is crazy. Dating apps allow even average looking women to have body counts in the triple digits, then they wonder why no man of value wants to wife them up. Not taking that chance in today's society. I used to be on dating apps, but it became obvious the women were in two categories. Either they had some serious mental illnesses, but were otherwise normal, or they used it as a self esteem booster and wanted to add me to "their roster". Some of these women were seeing multiple guys in one weekend. Then they wanted me to pay the bill for an expensive restaurant and open the car door for them.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 3
///d1885.00
Chihuahua4347.00
jmack550.00
      12-19-2023, 10:31 AM   #12405
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
It really is crazy. Dating apps allow even average looking women to have body counts in the triple digits, then they wonder why no man of value wants to wife them up. Not taking that chance in today's society. I used to be on dating apps, but it became obvious the women were in two categories. Either they had some serious mental illnesses, but were otherwise normal, or they used it as a self esteem booster and wanted to add me to "their roster". Some of these women were seeing multiple guys in one weekend. Then they wanted me to pay the bill for an expensive restaurant and open the car door for them.
yep.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2023, 11:44 AM   #12406
chinniciF32
Noob
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yea it really is crazy, I was out with someone recently and we were talking about this topic over dinner and she proceeded to show me her tinder blowing up it was no exaggeration dozens of guys liking her profile and sending her messages every few minutes and I was "woah", now I know why the apps have those settings in your messages to organize them by recent, distance, or favorite people meanwhile i'll maybe have 11 people in my inbox 2 or 3 out of the 11 im actively messaging.

Its hard for the genuine average or even above average guy to stand out in her inbox or liked section in a sea of thirsty pervs, all of that boosts the womans ego and like you said it causes them to overvalue themselves so as a guy you really have to have a solid first pic and witty one liner in your profile for them to right swipe or even consider liking you....all of this versus approaching her at whole foods, homegoods or even at the gym in the flesh in real time and having a signifcantly better shot if you look decent and have some game
      12-28-2023, 10:29 AM   #12407
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Its hard for the genuine average or even above average guy to stand out in her inbox or liked section in a sea of thirsty pervs, all of that boosts the womans ego and like you said it causes them to overvalue themselves so as a guy you really have to have a solid first pic and witty one liner in your profile for them to right swipe or even consider liking you....all of this versus approaching her at whole foods, homegoods or even at the gym in the flesh in real time and having a signifcantly better shot if you look decent and have some game
Bingo. Get off of the dating apps and social media sites, all of them. They're trash. When I meet a girl and she's on every dating app known to man and has an Instagram account 10 miles long with nothing but T&A selfies, I identify that as the red flag that it is and I move along.
Appreciate 1
      12-28-2023, 11:08 AM   #12408
Car-Addicted
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M4 CS

Garage List
2020 BMW M4 CS  [9.91]
Christmas dinner with the relatives pretty much cures me of thoughts of dating for a least a year.
Appreciate 0