BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Dating - Good/Bad Experiences

02-01-2019, 03:41 PM   #3169
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chihuahua View Post
This is what I am fearing. I just ended a 13 year relationship. I'm 43 and I guess it's time to go to work again in this new environment. How old is your buddy? I'm just curious if the women in my demographic are going to do things the new way or the 'old school' way.
he's in his late 40's. I just talk to him last night and he said this new girl he's talking to doesn't understand chicks nowadays? he called her and all he said was "hey you, whatcha doing?" she got upset and said "you could have sent me a text and asked me vs calling me?" him being confused said "I just wanted to call you and say hi and hear your voice?" she than replied "well next time just send me a text!"

damn! is that how you're suppose to talk to people nowadays?
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2019, 03:42 PM   #3170
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorfast View Post
Got ya. Just parlaying on what MKsix said earlier about the red flags of your situation to a potential mate, I would say this greatly adds to that. Never having been married at 43 is one thing but then finding out you were in a very long-term relationship which didnt result in marriage is another. Makes it seem as if you are afraid to commit (which you basically said you are).

Hope you dont take this the wrong way as I dont mean any of this to be mean spirited. Just trying to point out factors and questions which will likely arise the next time you meet someone special.
Nope, I definitely don't take it the wrong way! Believe me these are all things I have thought about too. I'm definitely not afraid to commit. I'm much more mature at age 43 than I was at 30, and that's an understatement. I've definitely learned a lot from this last relationship. Had I felt deep down we were still compatible in 2019, I would not be typing this. I did propose to her in 2013, shortly after which we had a major life or death crisis occur in the household. After that point we essentially started moving in different directions. It's unfortunate, but it happens. I've learned more about myself within the past year than I ever thought I would, with the help of a professional. My thought process right now is to improve upon who I am now, and make myself the best me I can possibly be. That's all I really can do, and I want to make sure that when my future wife does cross paths with me that I am putting forth the best version of me I can.

Thanks again for everyone's input, it is much appreciated.
Appreciate 4
King Rudi13154.00
gatorfast4994.50
nyalpine907433.00
      02-01-2019, 03:43 PM   #3171
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
he called her and all he said was "hey you, whatcha doing?" she got upset and said "you could have sent me a text and asked me vs calling me?" him being confused said "I just wanted to call you and say hi and hear your voice?" she than replied "well next time just send me a text!"

That is complete lunacy. I would never want to call that person again if that's the response I got.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2019, 03:50 PM   #3172
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

I will say I have some girls as close friends of mine who's not in any relationships because they want to stay single but they tell me some raunchy stories. I mean really crazy stories! just like that song from Ludacris and Nate Dogg she's uses guys as basically boy toys from different area codes or cities. calls them up when ever she's hungry, wants to go to the movies, wants clothes, or do something. so she goes out and gets what she wants, bangs the dude and sends him home and she does this repeatedly like Sun-Sat lol! and she's fine with it
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2019, 05:53 PM   #3173
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
he's in his late 40's. I just talk to him last night and he said this new girl he's talking to doesn't understand chicks nowadays? he called her and all he said was "hey you, whatcha doing?" she got upset and said "you could have sent me a text and asked me vs calling me?" him being confused said "I just wanted to call you and say hi and hear your voice?" she than replied "well next time just send me a text!"

damn! is that how you're suppose to talk to people nowadays?
See, this is what I mean. What happened to people? Relationships of any kind come from talking to people. NOT from texting! Pretty sad. It drives me nuts. I tell my employees to pick up the phone. Call. When I ask the outcome I get they didn’t answer my email!?! Really. If you don’t want to speak with me and would rather text. Next!
Appreciate 3
nyalpine907433.00
Dang3r12512.00
MKSixer34184.50
      02-01-2019, 05:59 PM   #3174
Kev312
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 320i

Quote:
I will say I have some girls as close friends of mine who's not in any relationships because they want to stay single but they tell me some raunchy stories. I mean really crazy stories! just like that song from Ludacris and Nate Dogg she's uses guys as basically boy toys from different area codes or cities. calls them up when ever she's hungry, wants to go to the movies, wants clothes, or do something. so she goes out and gets what she wants, bangs the dude and sends him home and she does this repeatedly like Sun-Sat lol! and she's fine with it
wow! Its hard to think that stuff happens IRL
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2019, 07:22 PM   #3175
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev312 View Post
wow! Its hard to think that stuff happens IRL
Eh, not really. The girls are just as bad as the boys.
Appreciate 3
MKSixer34184.50
      02-01-2019, 08:08 PM   #3176
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
I am Sir MixAlot
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2019, 09:32 PM   #3177
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep
Drives: like I stole it! (11 m3 E93)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyalpine90 View Post
I am Sir MixAlot
It's good that you can not lie. Girls like honesty.
Appreciate 2
nyalpine907433.00
King Rudi13154.00
      02-02-2019, 12:56 AM   #3178
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
question for all of you: why do girls care more if you cheat on your gf/wife/partner emotionally but guys care more if you cheat physically?
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2019, 06:44 PM   #3179
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayerische Motoren Werke View Post
question for all of you: why do girls care more if you cheat on your gf/wife/partner emotionally but guys care more if you cheat physically?
I'm not sure that's necessarily true.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2019, 11:44 PM   #3180
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmette View Post
So true
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2019, 07:56 PM   #3181
MrGatsby
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2009 E92 M3  [0.00]
The good:

My current relationship is fantastic beyond my wildest dreams. I can honestly say I am with my dream girl. She's stunning. Tall, great legs, bright blue eyes, blonde hair, incredible body. She's a brilliant writer, working on feature films for Netflix. She has great taste in cars, drinks whiskey, and knows how to party, yet knows when its time to work and gets things done. Oh and she is fully supportive of my car obsession.

The bad:

Many years ago I owned a mobile car detailing company. I was contacted by this middle aged woman who asked me to detail her pride and joy, her Porsche. Very rare to find such a woman. I agreed to the job and subsequently went to her home the following week to start the work. About an hour in, her daughter, roughly my age, came out with a beer for me, and we started chatting. She told me all about the Porsche. It was her fathers, who passed a few years back and it fostered a real love for cars within this girl. I was fascinated by her in all aspects, but her genuine love for cars was a HUGE plus.

After the job was done, I got this girls number and we went out the next Friday. I took her to this quaint wine bar for a low key evening. We drink, eat, talk, and just have a fantastic time. We start dating and things went very well for the first 2 months. Now around that 2 month mark, she starts to get very clingy. To the point where she would ask for the address of customers homes where I would be detailing. I was not okay with this type of jealousy. We had a talk and she brought up her father and her being scared to lose me. It was a very rough conversation for me, as I knew I was right to stand my ground about her antics, yet there is a fine line i did not want to cross, as I understand her pain as well.

We continued on for another month or so, where one evening at her house, a guy shows up to the door. I open the door to find this guy calling her name and asking who I am, and whats going on. Confused and angry, I step towards him and tell her to get downstairs now. He tells me she is his girlfriend. I say the same. She now runs to her room and locks the door. An absolute mess, I tell her not to contact me again, and leave the home immediately for them two to sort out this mess.

At about 3 am, I get a knock on my door. She's drunk, with the Porsche. Angry and fed up, I tell her to leave. I still regret this, as she was far too drunk to drive. I was caught up in my emotions and not thinking clearly.

About an hour later I get a call from her mother saying she has been in an accident. She crashed the Porsche, yet thankfully was okay. I picked up the mother and we met her at the hospital. She tells me how sorry she is, and how this has been a life changing experience. I was simply at a loss of what to do. I stayed with her that night at the hospital, and left the next morning. We haven't spoken since.

This was certainly the most emotionally draining relationship I have had, and will always be a memory of my past. She was a troubled girl, who I certainly hope has found happiness.
Appreciate 3
King Rudi13154.00
MKSixer34184.50
      02-05-2019, 02:10 AM   #3182
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

I feel for you man, in my experience an absolute 100% relationship w/o any disturbances are impossible - but this is beyond of all nightmares.

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13154.00
MrGatsby348.00
      02-05-2019, 10:03 AM   #3183
Dogeeseegod
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 Blue Water 128i-6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGatsby View Post
The good:

My current relationship is fantastic beyond my wildest dreams. I can honestly say I am with my dream girl. She's stunning. Tall, great legs, bright blue eyes, blonde hair, incredible body. She's a brilliant writer, working on feature films for Netflix. She has great taste in cars, drinks whiskey, and knows how to party, yet knows when its time to work and gets things done. Oh and she is fully supportive of my car obsession.

The bad:

Many years ago I owned a mobile car detailing company. I was contacted by this middle aged woman who asked me to detail her pride and joy, her Porsche. Very rare to find such a woman. I agreed to the job and subsequently went to her home the following week to start the work. About an hour in, her daughter, roughly my age, came out with a beer for me, and we started chatting. She told me all about the Porsche. It was her fathers, who passed a few years back and it fostered a real love for cars within this girl. I was fascinated by her in all aspects, but her genuine love for cars was a HUGE plus.

After the job was done, I got this girls number and we went out the next Friday. I took her to this quaint wine bar for a low key evening. We drink, eat, talk, and just have a fantastic time. We start dating and things went very well for the first 2 months. Now around that 2 month mark, she starts to get very clingy. To the point where she would ask for the address of customers homes where I would be detailing. I was not okay with this type of jealousy. We had a talk and she brought up her father and her being scared to lose me. It was a very rough conversation for me, as I knew I was right to stand my ground about her antics, yet there is a fine line i did not want to cross, as I understand her pain as well.

We continued on for another month or so, where one evening at her house, a guy shows up to the door. I open the door to find this guy calling her name and asking who I am, and whats going on. Confused and angry, I step towards him and tell her to get downstairs now. He tells me she is his girlfriend. I say the same. She now runs to her room and locks the door. An absolute mess, I tell her not to contact me again, and leave the home immediately for them two to sort out this mess.

At about 3 am, I get a knock on my door. She's drunk, with the Porsche. Angry and fed up, I tell her to leave. I still regret this, as she was far too drunk to drive. I was caught up in my emotions and not thinking clearly.

About an hour later I get a call from her mother saying she has been in an accident. She crashed the Porsche, yet thankfully was okay. I picked up the mother and we met her at the hospital. She tells me how sorry she is, and how this has been a life changing experience. I was simply at a loss of what to do. I stayed with her that night at the hospital, and left the next morning. We haven't spoken since.

This was certainly the most emotionally draining relationship I have had, and will always be a memory of my past. She was a troubled girl, who I certainly hope has found happiness.
THREAD REVIVAL!
Appreciate 3
MrGatsby348.00
King Rudi13154.00
      02-05-2019, 12:16 PM   #3184
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
It is also convenient that he always knows the location of his posse.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2019, 08:58 AM   #3185
someguywithanm3
Private
Rep
Drives: E92

Update:
We've been talking strictly as friends since my last post. We hung out Sunday morning to go grocery shopping and watch a soap opera at my place (don't laugh). I took her home so I could go to a super bowl party and she asked me if I wanted to stay because she was going to cook something. I stuck around until the first half was over and she told me she didn't want me to leave. I apologized, but I said that I told my buddies I would go. I got a text message saying she didnt want me to go, but that she understood. She asked me to come back after and I did. We just continued talking. I asked her why she wanted me to stay and she said she was enjoying my company.

I took the day off yesterday and we spent the whole day together, half at my place and half at hers. Towards the end of the night, she bet me I couldn't guess some trivia and she asked me what I wanted to bet. She bet some meat to grill next Sunday and I bet a kiss jokingly and she laughingly agreed. Well, I won and I told her to pay up. It was nice.

To be continued.
Appreciate 2
      02-06-2019, 09:02 AM   #3186
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Appreciate 2
MKSixer34184.50
King Rudi13154.00
      02-06-2019, 09:28 AM   #3187
someguywithanm3
Private
Rep
Drives: E92

I wish I would have bet something else. Lol. She was wearing these pants on Sunday that might as well been painted on...I had to think of random aircraft and motorcycle facts to keep from my imagination from going crazy. I'm usually not a horndog, but it's been a while.

Yes, I was a gentleman and did not stare (too much).
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2019, 09:37 AM   #3188
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep
Drives: like I stole it! (11 m3 E93)

Quote:
Originally Posted by someguywithanm3 View Post
Update:
We've been talking strictly as friends since my last post. We hung out Sunday morning to go grocery shopping and watch a soap opera at my place (don't laugh). I took her home so I could go to a super bowl party and she asked me if I wanted to stay because she was going to cook something. I stuck around until the first half was over and she told me she didn't want me to leave. I apologized, but I said that I told my buddies I would go. I got a text message saying she didnt want me to go, but that she understood. She asked me to come back after and I did. We just continued talking. I asked her why she wanted me to stay and she said she was enjoying my company.

I took the day off yesterday and we spent the whole day together, half at my place and half at hers. Towards the end of the night, she bet me I couldn't guess some trivia and she asked me what I wanted to bet. She bet some meat to grill next Sunday and I bet a kiss jokingly and she laughingly agreed. Well, I won and I told her to pay up. It was nice.

To be continued.
She loves you.
Appreciate 3
      02-06-2019, 09:47 AM   #3189
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote: