BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Dating - Good/Bad Experiences

10-22-2018, 11:20 AM   #925
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnerDriver View Post
I'd say friend zone her. Be nice, be memorable, but don't act on it as if you want her as a GF. Try to even put it in your head that you want her just as friends. She'll come to you the minute she realizes you're not after her.

But again, you have to have something she looks for (maybe you know the answers to a test, or you have done interesting work she wants to learn more about, or you have a huge dick creating an impressive volume on your tight spandex pants)
oh god no - nothing about a GF is in the prospects, don't worry
i am not "after her" in the sense that she's a tutor working at the library and i'm the dumbass who crams the night before his midterms. her notes did help me out though and i still have a 3rd midterm and a final...

but yes i like the idea of spandex, what's a good brand?
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2018, 11:21 AM   #926
________
________
Rep
Drives: ________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Never_Enough View Post
Over a month so far!

At some point, I will have to sign back up if I ever want to meet a lady for a LTR, though.
Again, change your mindset. The likelihood of any long term relationship working in this society is nonexistent. Don't look for the long term relationship and you'll never be disappointed that you don't find one, yet if you do you'll be even more pleased with it.

Also keep in mind that any relationship formed from a dating site has a very low percentage rate of becoming long term. Remember these girls are accustomed to a carousel of dicks being paraded around them. They change interest from one guy to the next without a second thought. This mentality doesn't change just because they started talking to you. How upset will you be if you find the one that you think is "the one" only to find out later she stops talking to you because someone else has a hell cat one year newer than yours?

Again, let them have no ammo and they can't shoot. Shoot the hostage and they have no leverage, however you want to look at it.
I concur 100%.

I always say "don't 'look' for a relationship. That's something that comes naturally. The more you look, the less you find."
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      10-22-2018, 11:23 AM   #927
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

My immediate family has 2 people I know went on dating sites. Both recently married. My dad, and my middle son.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2018, 11:25 AM   #928
________
________
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayerische Motoren Werke View Post
Quote:
I'd say friend zone her. Be nice, be memorable, but don't act on it as if you want her as a GF. Try to even put it in your head that you want her just as friends. She'll come to you the minute she realizes you're not after her.

But again, you have to have something she looks for (maybe you know the answers to a test, or you have done interesting work she wants to learn more about, or you have a huge dick creating an impressive volume on your tight spandex pants)
oh god no - nothing about a GF is in the prospects, don't worry
i am not "after her" in the sense that she's a tutor working at the library and i'm the dumbass who crams the night before his midterms. her notes did help me out though and i still have a 3rd midterm and a final...

but yes i like the idea of spandex, what's a good brand?
So she's the tutor and you're the lazy student?
Chances are getting slimmer of you impressing her... I think all you got are the sticky pants and BEING FUNNY.
But I'd say, from what you told us, your chances are very slim.

People are attracted to people who impress them (hence ugly sportsmen having beautiful women, rich women having beautiful men, etc.)
You can still impress her, but she has to see it for herself. Don't try too hard. Just be your funny aloof self. And always friendly, don't fall into the "I'm ignoring you trap", ride the fine line.

And I wouldn't be able to give you ideas on the spandex pants, I usually buy 3-sizes-larger baggy cargo pants for the "increased volume" feat.
I normally wear 6-sizes-larger for more formal occasions, such as work. Can't have none of that at work.
Appreciate 2
      10-22-2018, 11:26 AM   #929
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
I concur 100%.

I always say "don't 'look' for a relationship. That's something that comes naturally. The more you look, the less you find."
Exactly! A watched pot never boils.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
My immediate family has 2 people I know went on dating sites. Both recently married. My dad, and my middle son.
Let's delve into this with more detail. Were either of these relationships spawned from Tinder, Bumble, POF or the like? Or were these sites like Match or eHarmony?

If you say Ashley Madison I'm going to fall in the floor laughing.
Appreciate 1
________4157.00
      10-22-2018, 11:26 AM   #930
________
________
Rep

Quote:
Define recently... and report back in a month.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      10-22-2018, 11:30 AM   #931
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Dad was married in July
Son was married 2 weeks ago

Guess which dated longer
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2018, 11:30 AM   #932
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
So she's the tutor and you're the lazy student?
Chances are getting slimmer of you impressing her... I think all you got are the sticky pants and BEING FUNNY.
But I'd say, from what you told us, your chances are very slim.

People are attracted to people who impress them (hence ugly sportsmen having beautiful women, rich women having beautiful men, etc.)
You can still impress her, but she has to see it for herself. Don't try too hard. Just be your funny aloof self. And always friendly, don't fall into the "I'm ignoring you trap", ride the fine line.

And I wouldn't be able to give you ideas on the spandex pants, I usually buy 3-sizes-larger baggy cargo pants for the "increased volume" feat.
I normally wear 6-sizes-larger for more formal occasions, such as work. Can't have none of that at work.
eh, we'll ride it out and see what happens. worst case i'm more than fine with keeping her as my tutor because without her last minute tips & tricks i wouldn't have the A i have in differential equations

but i see what you're saying
Appreciate 1
________4157.00
      10-22-2018, 11:30 AM   #933
________
________
Rep

Quote:
Dad was married in July

Guess which dated longer
The son dates longer.
Dad has no time to waste.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      10-22-2018, 11:37 AM   #934
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Dad was married in July

Guess which dated longer
I'm more curious in what dating site they were on? I also have some questions about their non-negotiable standards with women, their ladies psyche and not to be an ass but the longevity of said marriages. Getting married isn't crossing the finish line. In my opinion getting married only starts another marathon, that of which 40-50% of which can't sustain. That's a coin toss as to whether or not it will last. That's like betting half your net-worth that you or the person you marry can stand each other in a couple of years. Those are odd that I will gladly walk past.
Appreciate 1
________4157.00
      10-22-2018, 11:41 AM   #935
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Satan's Chariot 2.0

Garage List
Quote:
Again, change your mindset. The likelihood of any long term relationship working in this society is nonexistent. Don't look for the long term relationship and you'll never be disappointed that you don't find one, yet if you do you'll be even more pleased with it.

Also keep in mind that any relationship formed from a dating site has a very low percentage rate of becoming long term. Remember these girls are accustomed to a carousel of dicks being paraded around them. They change interest from one guy to the next without a second thought. This mentality doesn't change just because they started talking to you. How upset will you be if you find the one that you think is "the one" only to find out later she stops talking to you because someone else has a hell cat one year newer than yours?

Again, let them have no ammo and they can't shoot. Shoot the hostage and they have no leverage, however you want to look at it.
I'm well aware of all that. What I'm saying is, you don't get shit if you don't try.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      10-22-2018, 11:44 AM   #936
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Satan's Chariot 2.0

Garage List
Quote:
I think all you got are the sticky pants and BEING FUNNY.
If you can make a woman laugh, you can fuck her.

People, male or female, need to stop worrying about impressing. Just be a good person & true to yourself (As long as that is not harming innocent people)
Appreciate 3
________4157.00
King Rudi13152.00
      10-22-2018, 11:47 AM   #937
________
________
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I think all you got are the sticky pants and BEING FUNNY.
If you can make a woman laugh, you can fuck her.

People, male or female, need to stop worrying about impressing. Just be a good person & true to yourself (As long as that is not harming innocent people)
Agreed.

Just to add I wasn't trying to say "try to impress her", just stating a fact that people are attracted to whomever impresses them.

You gotta impress by being yourself though. Even "being funny" could backfire if you're not naturally funny and try too hard.
Appreciate 1
      10-22-2018, 12:15 PM   #938
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'm more curious in what dating site they were on? I also have some questions about their non-negotiable standards with women, their ladies psyche and not to be an ass but the longevity of said marriages. Getting married isn't crossing the finish line. In my opinion getting married only starts another marathon, that of which 40-50% of which can't sustain. That's a coin toss as to whether or not it will last. That's like betting half your net-worth that you or the person you marry can stand each other in a couple of years. Those are odd that I will gladly walk past.
I don't know for sure, but I think my dad might have been on Tinder His previous marriage lasted just over 52 years, until Mom passed in February. All my brothers weren't worried about the family trust, but kept bringing it up and asking ME what dad is doing with HIS money. They are happy, that's all I care about. I doubt it was Match or eHarmony because that would cost money

My son met on some site I can't recall from the story at the wedding, and both put in their profile that they were looking for LTR.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      10-22-2018, 12:45 PM   #939
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Over a month so far!

At some point, I will have to sign back up if I ever want to meet a lady for a LTR, though.
Quote:
Shoot the hostage and they have no leverage, however you want to look at it.
I'm surprised no one else has caught this, but hang on one diddly second. I've been racking my brain trying to figure out whether there could be ANY other possible hostage other than his dick...but that's the only hostage I can think of here...

You are suggesting he shoot his dick??? Poor form old chap, poor form.

Either I'm legitimately trying to help another member (it's possible), or I just wanted to twist your words...you pays your money and you takes your choice.
Appreciate 2
________4157.00
      10-22-2018, 12:46 PM   #940
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I don't know for sure, but I think my dad might have been on Tinder His previous marriage lasted just over 52 years, until Mom passed in February. All my brothers weren't worried about the family trust, but kept bringing it up and asking ME what dad is doing with HIS money. They are happy, that's all I care about. I doubt it was Match or eHarmony because that would cost money

My son met on some site I can't recall from the story at the wedding, and both put in their profile that they were looking for LTR.
damn dude, my dad is 50...
mind if i ask why he re-married after so long though? taking a wild guess youngest he should be is like 70ish and given you have a married son yourself you aren't too young either?
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2018, 12:50 PM   #941
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayerische Motoren Werke View Post
damn dude, my dad is 50...
mind if i ask why he re-married after so long though? taking a wild guess youngest he should be is like 70ish and given you have a married son yourself you aren't too young either?
Unc Wede is "young at heart"...
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2018, 01:15 PM   #942
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
I'm surprised no one else has caught this, but hang on one diddly second. I've been racking my brain trying to figure out whether there could be ANY other possible hostage other than his dick...but that's the only hostage I can think of here...

You are suggesting he shoot his dick??? Poor form old chap, poor form.

Either I'm legitimately trying to help another member (it's possible), or I just wanted to twist your words...you pays your money and you takes your choice.
Not so fast good sir. His dick is merely a bi-stander in this. It's his brain/emotions that would be the hostage as that is what will be negotiated. Do you honestly think his dick wants to settle down? Naye....it does not. Males are genetically engineered to spread our seed. This whole marriage/long-term relationship bullshit was nothing more than a man made ideology.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2018, 01:18 PM   #943
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I'm well aware of all that. What I'm saying is, you don't get shit if you don't try.
True, but you aren't going to find trophy fish fishing in lake riddled with toxic waste. If it's a LTR you are looking for, don't try to find one in a sea full of temporary women.
Appreciate 1
________4157.00
      10-22-2018, 01:42 PM   #944
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Not so fast good sir. His dick is merely a bi-stander in this. It's his brain/emotions that would be the hostage as that is what will be negotiated. Do you honestly think his dick wants to settle down? Naye....it does not. Males are genetically engineered to spread our seed. This whole marriage/long-term relationship bullshit was nothing more than a man made ideology.
Oh, so now you are advocating he put a bullet through is brain? Worser and worser.

Geez - Never_Enough this guy went from advocating moderately serious bodily mutilation to wanting to kill you! Good thing I'm here to shed light on his nefarious plans.

(May I have your Hellcat upon the event of your untimely passing)? Your estate (such as it is) can make the payments, just list me as the beneficiary. Mucho gracias.
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13152.00
upstatedoc7555.50
      10-22-2018, 01:50 PM   #945
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Oh, so now you are advocating he put a bullet through is brain? Worser and worser.

Geez - Never_Enough this guy went from advocating moderately serious bodily mutilation to wanting to kill you! Good thing I'm here to shed light on his nefarious plans.

(May I have your Hellcat upon the event of your untimely passing)? Your estate (such as it is) can make the payments, just list me as the beneficiary. Mucho gracias.
I would have gotten away with it too had it not been for this meddling Mr. King.

Appreciate 1
Joekerr7926.00
      10-22-2018, 01:52 PM   #946
________
________
Rep

Enough with the bullshit.

Calling upstatedoc . News from the prey?
Appreciate 4