BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > BMW F20 116i N13 Right LED DRL rings going off

06-18-2020, 02:40 PM   #1
Andreas2605
Registered
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW E90, BMW F20

BMW F20 116i N13 Right LED DRL rings going off

Hello,

I'm having a bit of a weird problem with BMW F20 116i. I've got Bi-Xenon headlights along with angel eyes rings and 1 LED eyebrow above them.

So the thing is those 2 LED rings on right (passenger) side go off (eyebrow excluded) and sidelight warning light comes on whenever you use the right turn signal.
Since it has that "dimming" effect when you turn the signal on (DRLs dim a bit while the turn signal is on) I assume it's unable to go back to the normal power. Not quite sure if that dimming is coded or came from the factory like that since I only recently bought the car.

Now what's weird about the problem is that it only happens if ONLY the DRL's are on, if the headlights (low beams) are also on everything works perfectly.

Does anyone by any chance know what the hell is wrong with my car?

Thanks in advance,
Andreas
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2020, 01:20 AM   #2
andyroo
Australia
Rep
Drives: m140i

If your car has been coded, it could be someone set the incorrect bulb/led type for that light which has messed up the voltages. Also, did you replace any lights from bulb to LED... that will cause issues also and need to be changed by code.
If none of the above, you may have a short. Also, maybe try swapping the turn signal/light relays to see if it's a relay issue?
Appreciate 0