BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Dating - Good/Bad Experiences

03-03-2020, 11:50 AM   #5985
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsiveguy View Post
Could be. Or, she might offer me her leg with a wink and say "Let's see if it works."

she is a keeper if she does that lol

wait a minute..
Appreciate 1
      03-03-2020, 11:54 AM   #5986
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miss Daisy

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
Chicks don't dig confidence, they just want someone who isn't a push over.

We, as men, have it all wrong. Women don't want a confident man, they want cocky, douchebags. Don't believe me? Ask any police officer who has worked a domestic assault case.
I'm doing it wrong then. I've never assaulted someone.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2020, 11:58 AM   #5987
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriouslyFast View Post
I'm doing it wrong then. I've never assaulted someone.
You are most definitely doing it wrong.....I'm hoping that we are all doing wrong. I apologize. I shouldn't make light of domestic assault.
Appreciate 1
      03-03-2020, 11:59 AM   #5988
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport

Garage List
Quote:
Chicks don't dig confidence, they just want someone who isn't a push over.

We, as men, have it all wrong. Women don't want a confident man, they want cocky, douchebags. Don't believe me? Ask any police officer who has worked a domestic assault case.
You're suggesting that an abusive gaping asshole is the sort of man women want? I'm not buying that. There are some broken women with major emotional issues who might gravitate towards that sort of guy as a re-enactment of a familiar pattern, but that's not a high percentage of the general population.
      03-03-2020, 12:17 PM   #5989
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
You're suggesting that an abusive gaping asshole is the sort of man women want? I'm not buying that. There are some broken women with major emotional issues who might gravitate towards that sort of guy as a re-enactment of a familiar pattern, but that's not a high percentage of the general population.
Again, my apologies. My time posting is limited, my sense of humor is dry and I made no indication that my post was meant in jest. No, I do not believe that women want to be abused. However; how many attractive women do you see that are with men that make you scratch your head????
Appreciate 5
Rmtt8206.00
MKSixer34173.50
tim99ws6110.00
      03-03-2020, 12:31 PM   #5990
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Again, my apologies. My time posting is limited, my sense of humor is dry and I made no indication that my post was meant in jest. No, I do not believe that women want to be abused. However; how many attractive women do you see that are with men that make you scratch your head????
Got it. All good.

True...and I also see some really sharp guys that stay with manipulative, bitchy, psychotic train-wreck women.
King Rudi13154.00
      03-03-2020, 12:37 PM   #5991
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Now_Rudi isn't really like that. This thread has evolved a lot, and he is referencing old stuff that has been discussed in the past.

It was nothing serious and a lot of laughs had by all. Even our resident expert cmyx6go would vouch for him. He treats his woman probably better than any of us do our own.

He just doesn't get a chance to get on the boards like he used to which sucks.

We miss you man!!!
King Rudi13154.00
cmyx6go15656.00
      03-03-2020, 12:40 PM   #5992
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Now_Rudi isn't really like that. This thread has evolved a lot, and he is referencing old stuff that has been discussed in the past.

It was nothing serious and a lot of laughs had by all. Even our resident expert cmyx6go would vouch for him. He treats his woman probably better than any of us do our own.

We miss you man!!!
Now_Rudi has been a great contributor on many threads, and always of good spirit and positive intentions. Which is why that post was...puzzling. No offense taken.
King Rudi13154.00
      03-03-2020, 02:18 PM   #5993
premier3is
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriouslyFast View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by premier3is View Post
Ima use it.

Trademark it bro lol.
You can't use it till you stop using "Ima"
'Ima' use it with ppl here lol. Obviously a lot more professional with the ladies when matched
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2020, 02:32 PM   #5994
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
You are most definitely doing it wrong.....I'm hoping that we are all doing wrong. I apologize. I shouldn't make light of domestic assault.
It's all good. Humor keeps us alive. We all know you're not actually advocating it.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      03-03-2020, 02:33 PM   #5995
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

We miss you man!!!
100% minus the part about cmy. Expert?
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2020, 02:34 PM   #5996
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
'Ima' use it with ppl here lol. Obviously a lot more professional with the ladies when matched
I'M going to e-slap you
Appreciate 1
premier3is1627.00
      03-03-2020, 02:47 PM   #5997
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:

We miss you man!!!
I appreciate your words good sir. I try my best to treat my lady just as I treat everyone - in the same manner that I myself would like to be treated. I can't expect anyone to respect me without first trying to understand those I encounter.

I do miss being more active here but my work load has increased exponentially...that and now that they have put Rudi in the corner the all seeing eye is upon me at all times. They literally put a camera on the opposite wall of my desk and took my cubicle away. Bastards. I can't really complain though, I'm paid well for my contributions. I still try to check in on occasion. The cool chick thread is definitely off limits for me now though.

Cheers all
Appreciate 3
Rmtt8206.00
cmyx6go15656.00
      03-03-2020, 02:49 PM   #5998
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I appreciate your words good sir. I try my best to treat my lady just as I treat everyone - in the same manner that I myself would like to be treated. I can't expect anyone to respect me without first trying to understand those I encounter.

I do miss being more active here but my work load has increased exponentially...that and now that they have put Rudi in the corner the all seeing eye is upon me at all times. They literally put a camera on the opposite wall of my desk and took my cubicle away. Bastards. I can't really complain though, I'm paid well for my contributions. I still try to check in on occasion. The cool chick thread is definitely off limits for me now though.

Cheers all
The camera set-up smells like a really awful work environment. What do they seek to see with it? What rationale did they give for it?
      03-03-2020, 04:23 PM   #5999
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
The camera set-up smells like a really awful work environment. What do they seek to see with it? What rationale did they give for it?
It's worse than you can imagine. It's a toxic environment literally and metaphorically. We bottle vinegar here and the acidic levels here can be insane. Being located in a rural southern town, the mentality of most of the employees is just as toxic.

Outlined in other threads here, some will remember; the "individual" that I share an office with is beyond intolerable. Cheats on her husband with other employees here, constantly spreading rumors about other employees, complete narcissist, etc. There is an entire thread here somewhere about her. I'm the Project Coordinator here and it was requested to have the cameras installed inside the office in order to either a.) catch extracurricular post office hour activities going on inside the office or b.) prevent/discourage said activities. End result, because of someone, who is close to 60 years old who still acts like a teenager, I am now under constant surveillance because I am forced to share an office with her due to office space constraints. Less than desirable environment, but the trade off is that I make decent money and I live less than 10 minutes away. Few employment opportunities offer complete satisfaction. I take the good with the bad. On the other hand, I do truly enjoy my position and what I do. Fact/science based logical thinking applied to capital expenditures is what I do. I make a pretty hard to argue approach when it comes spending our money on continuous improvement, people just suck sometimes.
Appreciate 3
MKSixer34173.50
      03-03-2020, 05:30 PM   #6000
premier3is
Major
Rep

I just matched with 2 10/10s today boyz.... Life is good

If you hear me bitching in a few days it means it didn't work lol.

Also one of them I may not even try.... she is posted up in all designer clothing, drives a G63 AMG, lives in Beverly Hills and looks wayyyy too bougie. I don't think I can hang in that expensive lifestyle.
Appreciate 3
King Rudi13154.00
MKSixer34173.50
      03-03-2020, 05:55 PM   #6001
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

Quote:
However; how many attractive women do you see that are with men that make you scratch your head????
Majority.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      03-03-2020, 05:59 PM   #6002
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
I've been witness to white people treating POC differently. Not badly, but differently. It made me aware that skin color was something significant to them and which governed how they interacted with people. That's disappointing. Not someone I could develop a lot of respect for.
I was in Alabama. Went there to meet with a vendor who got me tickets to Talladega. I was in the elevator in the hotel and as the door was closing, a black maid was approaching the elevator. I stopped the doors from closing to let her on. Holy shit! You would think I committed murder the way the other occupants of the elevator reacted. I was appalled. What in the f$ck? Are people really so racist? It really pisses me off. I don’t care if you are purple. I treat every single person I come in contact with the way I want to be treated. I leave it to the specific individual how I treat them in return. I don’t predetermine how I treat someone based on their skin color. It really irks me. Your ethnicity is irrelevant to how I treat you. Im color blind. I talk to everyone and am courteous to everyone. I have had several encounters where I have started conversations with POC say in line at stores and have gotten eye rolls or been told “Don’t talk to me you white bitch”. WTF?
Appreciate 7
mc-m3213.00
King Rudi13154.00
Rmtt8206.00
MKSixer34173.50
Dang3r12506.00
      03-03-2020, 07:58 PM   #6003
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
I was in Alabama. Went there to meet with a vendor who got me tickets to Talladega. I was in the elevator in the hotel and as the door was closing, a black maid was approaching the elevator. I stopped the doors from closing to let her on. Holy shit! You would think I committed murder the way the other occupants of the elevator reacted. I was appalled. What in the f$ck? Are people really so racist? It really pisses me off. I don’t care if you are purple. I treat every single person I come in contact with the way I want to be treated. I leave it to the specific individual how I treat them in return. I don’t predetermine how I treat someone based on their skin color. It really irks me. Your ethnicity is irrelevant to how I treat you. Im color blind. I talk to everyone and am courteous to everyone. I have had several encounters where I have started conversations with POC say in line at stores and have gotten eye rolls or been told “Don’t talk to me you white bitch”. WTF?
Here in Minnesota, where pathological politeness and conflict aversion are epidemic, racism has been driven underground and is way more subtle. This is widely true north of the Mason-Dixon line, in my experience; below that line, racism is more open. I guess there's something to be said for candor, but I can't salute it in this case.

Here, racism takes some curious and awkward forms. I'm not about to try to catalogue them here. It's really disappointing, is all I'll say for now.
MKSixer34173.50
      03-03-2020, 09:20 PM   #6004
premier3is
Major
Rep

As a person of color, reading the last few posts makes me sad

Racism is still alive that's for sure and we experience it more often than people would think.

We're all humans man. This shouldn't even be a topic!
Appreciate 8
King Rudi13154.00
Rmtt8206.00
cmyx6go15656.00
MKSixer34173.50
Dang3r12506.00
      03-03-2020, 09:28 PM   #6005
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Sounds like a great date - congrats!

+1 to being known by the band. It's reassuring to them when you're recognized and people say "Hi" when you're out in public with a date, even if they're not important or impressive people. It shows them that you're not a hermit, a complete asshole, or a con man who's burned everyone you've ever known. And a date wants to know that you've got a social network, so you're not going to glom onto them and depend on them for all of your social needs.
This is true - so many times I've heard "wow how do you know so many people" and it inflates my ego and i shamelessly love it

Quote:
Got it. All good.

True...and I also see some really sharp guys that stay with manipulative, bitchy, psychotic train-wreck women.
Next time you want to describe that, just tag my name it'll be easier!
There was a time I was going after crazy women (the ones where you can just look at her and tell she is trouble) You can't beat the different level of fun that those women bring; someone can be fun to hang with and you enjoy the time you spend with her but holy shit crazy chicks are something else. I think it's knowing that you can wake up with breakfast or get hit in the balls with that exact same cooking pan that gets my blood flowing The feeling of knowing that you're dealing with danger is something else I swear to god

But got some good news for you gents that I will deliver shortly!
Appreciate 3
Rmtt8206.00
King Rudi13154.00
      03-03-2020, 10:03 PM   #6006
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
As a person of color, reading the last few posts makes me sad

Racism is still alive that's for sure and we experience it more often than people would think.

We're all humans man. This shouldn't even be a topic!
I think it's okay that it's a topic. If we're talking about it, we're fixing it.
King Rudi13154.00
Rmtt8206.00
cmyx6go15656.00