BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Dating - Good/Bad Experiences

11-26-2019, 03:47 PM   #4907
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsiveguy View Post
The best salespeople I've known are absolute sociopaths. Which makes sense, if you think about it. Take ethics and general human decency and courtesy out of the equation, and everything gets simpler and easier. And they're immune to rejection, because they don't put any value on others' opinions of them.
Wait wut?!?!! I came in 2nd, across all companies, in the Rep of the Year contest!!!

Sooooooooooo what are you saying here?!?!

Haaaaaaallllllllpppp UncleWede !!!!!!
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 1
      11-26-2019, 04:32 PM   #4908
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Wait wut?!?!! I came in 2nd, across all companies, in the Rep of the Year contest!!!

Sooooooooooo what are you saying here?!?!

Haaaaaaallllllllpppp UncleWede !!!!!!
Well, your whole (and it may be time again) list of "exercise" video postings, he kinda has a point about lack of ethics, decency, etc. Sorry, you are on your own today.

SWAG card for playing?
Appreciate 5
MKSixer34173.50
Dang3r12508.50
King Rudi13154.00
      11-26-2019, 05:09 PM   #4909
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Well, your whole (and it may be time again) list of "exercise" video postings, he kinda has a point about lack of ethics, decency, etc. Sorry, you are on your own today.

SWAG card for playing?
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2019, 05:15 PM   #4910
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miss Daisy

Garage List
Quote:
The best salespeople I've known are absolute sociopaths. Which makes sense, if you think about it. Take ethics and general human decency and courtesy out of the equation, and everything gets simpler and easier. And they're immune to rejection, because they don't put any value on others' opinions of them.
Calm down guys, I have been in sales for a long time. I can definitely say that most people in this field actually dislike people & don't care. We are not sociopaths. Just like $ & whatever said $ gets us to our vice.

You can find a sociopath in just about every line of work.

being able to handle rejection, does not matter if it is sales or a date or a family member, does not mean you don't value other people. That is some extreme bs
Appreciate 2
MKSixer34173.50
King Rudi13154.00
      11-26-2019, 05:21 PM   #4911
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriouslyFast View Post
Calm down guys, I have been in sales for a long time. I can definitely say that most people in this field actually dislike people & don't care. We are not sociopaths. Just like $ & whatever said $ gets us to our vice.

You can find a sociopath in just about every line of work.

being able to handle rejection, does not matter if it is sales or a date or a family member, does not mean you don't value other people. That is some extreme bs
Not like sales. The talents needed for sales line up in sociopathy very nicely. I've been in sales/sales management for over 20 years of my 30+ years of work experience. The connection is there and we often discussed it with HR before doing scale-ups because they always slip through and firing them is absolute hell.

Cheers-mk
Appreciate 1
      11-27-2019, 08:20 AM   #4912
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Not like sales. The talents needed for sales line up in sociopathy very nicely. I've been in sales/sales management for over 20 years of my 30+ years of work experience. The connection is there and we often discussed it with HR before doing scale-ups because they always slip through and firing them is absolute hell.

Cheers-mk
& if we look enough, we can find just about any connection with anything else.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2019, 10:33 AM   #4913
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Shrimp a'la vodka. (Prep time 10 minutes. Cooking time 30 minutes.)

Pan sear shrimp in olive oil.
Add cracked red pepper to taste and flash with vodka.

In a separate pan sautee chopped mushrooms, shallots, red onions. When completely soft, VERY SLOWLY pour in heavy whipping cream and let simmer until nice and buttery in flavor. (You will not need to add butter...the creme will release the flavor from cooking.)

Add the shrimp to the sauce. Pour over pasta. I recommend Fettuccine.

Enjoy with 2016 or 2017 Sonoma Cutrer Chardonnay.

Tiramisu for dessert with a nice port.

Prepare for copious amounts of hot sex.

You're welcome.
Ok MK - I'm making this tonight. I've bought everything but the shrimp, will be picking them up tonight when I get my kids from daycare.

Have a Riesling chilling in the fridge for my wife, I don't particularly like white wine (its ok, I can drink it) so I'll have a red probably.

I am thinking about adding a little garlic though? Seems it might go well - are you a fan of garlic and have you tried it, or not a fan, and that's why you haven't added it?
Appreciate 2
MKSixer34173.50
      11-29-2019, 11:17 AM   #4914
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Ok MK - I'm making this tonight. I've bought everything but the shrimp, will be picking them up tonight when I get my kids from daycare.

Have a Riesling chilling in the fridge for my wife, I don't particularly like white wine (its ok, I can drink it) so I'll have a red probably.

I am thinking about adding a little garlic though? Seems it might go well - are you a fan of garlic and have you tried it, or not a fan, and that's why you haven't added it?
a little bit of garlic does sound like it'd top this off
Appreciate 3
Joekerr7929.00
MKSixer34173.50
      11-29-2019, 02:52 PM   #4915
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post

Huge garlic fan! Slice it extra thin and let it melt in the pan with your oil or butter. Post pics or I'm coming to hunt you down!!

Edit: Try a light red blend. Red Schooner by Caymus is my go-to in this situation.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2019, 10:32 AM   #4916
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Huge garlic fan! Slice it extra thin and let it melt in the pan with your oil or butter. Post pics or I'm coming to hunt you down!!

Edit: Try a light red blend. Red Schooner by Caymus is my go-to in this situation.
It was very good. I took a picture of the prep, but then forgot to take a picture of the plate because I wanted to eat it. And the leftovers the next day just looked kind of gray on the plate - not visually appealing, so I refused to take a picture as it doesn't really do it justice.

Needed a bit of salt though. But otherwise, very good!

Pic is the garlic starting to sizzle a little in olive oil, other pot is the mushrooms (went with a cremini - mild but a little nutty in flavour), shallots, red onion and a decent amount of butter, and then just out of the picture is the peeled shrimp. Went with some jumbo sized white shrimp, very tasty.
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
nyalpine907423.50
Dang3r12508.50
MKSixer34173.50
      12-03-2019, 09:47 AM   #4917
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Was recently talking to a new girl from Match. We exchange numbers & she takes the road down the sexual path (No pics were sent) & then ghosts mid convo. I guess she just wanted to get off!

Another from Match asked me what I'm looking for after we exchanged numbers. Told her I am on a pay site so obviously something meaningful. Guess she didn't like that b/c she ghosted!

Good thing I have a Google voice # for these idiots.
Appreciate 1
      12-03-2019, 10:04 AM   #4918
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport

Garage List
Quote:
Was recently talking to a new girl from Match. We exchange numbers & she takes the road down the sexual path (No pics were sent) & then ghosts mid convo. I guess she just wanted to get off!

Another from Match asked me what I'm looking for after we exchanged numbers. Told her I am on a pay site so obviously something meaningful. Guess she didn't like that b/c she ghosted!

Good thing I have a Google voice # for these idiots.
Met my current GF on Plenty of Fish. She's a gem, but overall those sites aren't exactly a collecting pool for stable, high-quality people.

My all-time strangest encounter was a coffee meet-and-greet with a really eccentric woman who soon divulged to me a couple of stunning facts. One, she was actually married but her husband had been on life support for years and she was getting ready to pull the plug. And second, she was a "cat lady" and buried her dear departed kitties in her garden, but one had died two winters ago when the ground was frozen and she couldn't bury him; thus, this one was still in her freezer. Not some basement or garage freezer, mind you. The freezer in the kitchen, where she kept all her food.
      12-03-2019, 10:16 AM   #4919
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
POF, what fun site that was.
i met my wife on that site 8yrs ago
Appreciate 4
      12-03-2019, 10:22 AM   #4920
someguywithanm3
Private
Rep
Drives: E92

Quote:
Met my current GF on Plenty of Fish. She's a gem, but overall those sites aren't exactly a collecting pool for stable, high-quality people.

My all-time strangest encounter was a coffee meet-and-greet with a really eccentric woman who soon divulged to me a couple of stunning facts. One, she was actually married but her husband had been on life support for years and she was getting ready to pull the plug. And second, she was a "cat lady" and buried her dear departed kitties in her garden, but one had died two winters ago when the ground was frozen and she couldn't bury him; thus, this one was still in her freezer. Not some basement or garage freezer, mind you. The freezer in the kitchen, where she kept all her food.
That one was a keeper!
Appreciate 1
      12-03-2019, 10:26 AM   #4921
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

I met a couple chicks over the years that I dated from POF, but POF is mostly garbage hags & bums.

Where do you meet "the one" then? I'm not the guy that starts hitting on people when I go out nor do I really go out & do shit by myself.

Jesus man, that bitch is auto RUN!! I met a women on POF a while back that had her soon to be ex husband living in the house with her b/c she agreed to that till divorce was final lol wtf. She gave great head so I just let her pay the way for everything & had a good time while I could. I got a free trip to NOLA out of it.
Appreciate 2
      12-03-2019, 10:31 AM   #4922
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
...I got a free trip to NOLA out of it.
And is there anywhere better to conduct a tawdry affair? I think not. And I've done quite a bit of looking.

Met my great current GF on POF. Just pure luck and timing, as so many things are, and being in a good place and the right frame of mind. We've been together 2-1/2 years now. We're good for each other and good to each other. One of the greatest things that's ever come my way.
      12-03-2019, 10:42 AM   #4923
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
And is there anywhere better to conduct a tawdry affair? I think not. And I've done quite a bit of looking.

Met my great current GF on POF. Just pure luck and timing, as so many things are, and being in a good place and the right frame of mind. We've been together 2-1/2 years now. We're good for each other and good to each other. One of the greatest things that's ever come my way.
I'm happy for you. Hope it works out long term for you.
Appreciate 1
      12-03-2019, 10:52 AM   #4924
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

My brother met his current wife on E-Harmony.

He said that the questionnaire you have to fill out takes almost an hour, so it appears it matches you pretty good with other people that would be compatible.

Plus he said since it does take so long to join, most that are taking the time are ones looking for something more permanent.

Who knows...they get along great and seem to "fit" one another.
      12-03-2019, 10:59 AM   #4925
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by someguywithanm3 View Post
That one was a keeper!
Yeah, she was a real doozer. When I heard about the hubby on life support my first instinct was to bolt for the door. But I suppressed the urge, figuring that there was more crazy on tap if I hung around. Wasn't very long, and she trotted out the frozen cat story. You see...patience is rewarded!
      12-03-2019, 11:35 AM   #4926
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I'm happy for you. Hope it works out long term for you.
And to sweeten the deal, she's car nut and a Bimmer lover - she's on her third one, a 2012 135i M-Sport convertible. She's looking at the new Z4 M40i as a possible replacement, to get current tech/infotainment.

For a date, she took me to see Ford vs. Ferrari. That's when you know you have a cool girlfriend.
      12-03-2019, 11:41 AM   #4927
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Quote:
Yeah, she was a real doozer. When I heard about the hubby on life support my first instinct was to bolt for the door. But I suppressed the urge, figuring that there was more crazy on tap if I hung around. Wasn't very long, and she trotted out the frozen cat story. You see...patience is rewarded!
glad you ran, you couldve been her next kitten in the freezer
wiimen are crazy!!
Appreciate 1
      12-03-2019, 11:42 AM   #4928
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyalpine90 View Post
glad you ran, you couldve been her next kitten in the freezer
wiimen are crazy!!
Roger that.

I suppose if we had a wound that never healed, we'd be crazy too.