BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > 2016 X5 No sounds first few minutes after starting

09-15-2021, 09:29 AM   #1
jgriffith8
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X5

2016 X5 No sounds first few minutes after starting

I have a 2016 X5 that just started some weird behavior. When I first start it, I have no sounds (no chimes, no parking sensor alerts and no radio). I'll drive for a while and eventually the sound will start working, sometimes it's a couple minutes, sometimes it's several or even like 15.

I'm assuming one of the components in the optical loop is rebooting or is delayed in starting up or something maybe? Anybody ever run into this sort of thing or have any advice on how to trouble shoot and fix? I thought about the loop back approach, but was wondering if there was another way to go about it. Had the car checked and there are no codes or anything.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2021, 11:44 AM   #2
scotty339
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5 x35i M-Sport

Id check your battery voltage and charge if required. The smart charging system on these F15's does not give enough juice to keep a battery topped up, especially if its not driven alot.

You may also have more luck in the F15 X5 specific forum.

https://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/index.php
Appreciate 0