BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > Problems with dashboard lights

05-08-2023, 03:17 PM   #1
JRA22
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 118i

Problems with dashboard lights

Hello I have had my 118i F20 now for about 6 months and has been on a holiday recently. On the roads during the winter I had to brake quite harshly for an oncoming vehicle on a single track road and the car made a very strange noise, one which I can’t really describe. Ever since then the car won’t stop beeping at me while I’m driving.
The ABS light, handbrake light, tyre pressure monitor light and traction control light all flash up at once making the gong noise while driving and then turns off and it will constantly repeat which really gets annoying when it comes to driving. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas of what it could be. I’ve been to a mechanic who didnt have a clue. Originally he thought it was the ABS reluctor rings which my car doesn’t have. Also thought it would be good to mention that it beeps at me more in wet conditions while driving.
Thanks in advance for any help 👍🏻
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-08-2023, 05:04 PM   #2
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Hello,

It looks like you should review the "Check Control" chapter in the manual (page #70). There must be an extended (explanatory, recommendation) message available through the iDrive. After that you should address someone who can read and interpret computer error codes (besides those iDrive messages): a dedicated/official BMW workshop/service.

From your description it seems to be some DSC failure: you can try to reduce the warning frequency by limiting (use "DTC") or disabling (use "DSC OFF") the DSC (the manual linked earlier, page #98). This affects driving safety!
Appreciate 0