BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > Dolomites 2019 - Tour with video and photos

10-19-2019, 10:21 AM   #1
caustics
Enlisted Member
Germany
Rep
Drives: M140i

Dolomites 2019 - Tour with video and photos

Hello everybody,
after visiting mainly the Swiss Alps and Stelvio in June, we finally returned to the Alps in late September/beginning of October. I already posted it on instagram - we finally went to the Dolomites, mainly Sella Ronda and the surrounding area. And of course, as usual, I brought you a video.

With this trip, my BMW M140i story finally comes back full circle. It were your tours (I'm looking at you, Dackelone here on the forums to the Dolomites that finally triggered my purchase of the BMW M140i, and since I got the car about 2,5 years ago, I always wanted to go there during non-snowy times. And now it finally happened. And it was as great as imagined, and I do have to go back again.

Now I want to share my experience with you and finally give back my Dolomites-experience, so that we maybe can organize a tour for next year and all go together.

Thank you all on this forum who regularly share their road trips - it always inspires me to drive out again, and to film and photograph it all and share it.

We booked a hotel in St. Cassian on the north-eastern side of Sella Ronda, just 5 minutes away from Passo Valparola and Falzarego. From there, we drove several tours. Of course the classic Sella Ronda in both directions, though I do prefer counter-clock wise, but clock-wise is also fine. We also went south one day towards Lake Garda, but the Manghen Pass was blocked unfortunately. So we stuck to the Sella Region (we stayed for two weeks, so this collection of photos is not from a specfic day or tour, but from several trips during different times of the day and the ever-changing weather of the Alps).

(This photo is taken with an iPhone (11 Pro) in RAW - this camera is so amazing. Of course processed in Lightroom).

One day, we met up with fellow instagram-friend Thomas from @colpassion and drove together with his Focus RS. He lead the way, taking us to Passo Giau.

I fell in love with Passo Giau. Next to Albula Pass in Switzerland, this is my new favorite (but beware of the speed camera!).

Of course, don't miss Passo Sella.

Or the Falzarego Plain (not sure if it's called that way, just made that up)

If you want to see more, as usual, I wrote a blog post at https://www.drivescape.de (in english and german).

I'd be happy to hear your thoughts and hope you like it. And can we please organize a tour next year?

http://www.drivescape.de - roadtrips through beautiful landscapes (mostly with a BMW M140i)
Appreciate 1
JustChris17423.00
      10-19-2019, 10:54 AM   #2
ovekvam
Brigadier General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2021 Galvanic Gold i3S

Beautiful pictures!
Appreciate 0