BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Dating - Good/Bad Experiences

11-23-2018, 05:23 PM   #2157
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 MWM ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayerische Motoren Werke View Post
so no one hit on a drunk "distant" relative during thanksgiving dinner?

i was expecting more from you guys!!!!
Considering I can count my distant (or close) relatives living in this country on my third leg, the chances of me doing that are nil to none.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2018, 09:17 PM   #2158
________
________
Rep
Drives: ________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayerische Motoren Werke View Post
so no one hit on a drunk "distant" relative during thanksgiving dinner?

i was expecting more from you guys!!!!
Wrong forum.

I'm sure there are many stories in the Silverado forums though.
Appreciate 3
bimmette6452.50
King Rudi13152.00
      11-24-2018, 09:12 PM   #2159
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

I think me and Danyell are over
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2018, 09:17 PM   #2160
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep
Drives: like I stole it! (11 m3 E93)

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
Uh oh. Do tell.

We warned you that the spelling of her name was a bad sign.
Appreciate 2
      11-24-2018, 11:32 PM   #2161
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
what happen?
Appreciate 1
________4157.00
      11-25-2018, 07:30 AM   #2162
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmette View Post
Quote:
Uh oh. Do tell.

I tried pm-ing you
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2018, 07:35 AM   #2163
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Uh oh. Do tell.

I tried pm-ing you
Inbox was full. Try again.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2018, 08:13 AM   #2164
________
________
Rep
Drives: ________

Oh we're doing PMs now... ok.

Banned.
Appreciate 2
      11-25-2018, 08:48 AM   #2165
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnerDriver View Post
Oh we're doing PMs now... ok.

Banned.
Oh sorry. I'll tell you what he wrote:

"I can't go on with Danyell because she found the shrine in my closet I have of my one true love, OnerDriver."

See, you can understand why he couldn't share this with you.
Appreciate 3
      11-26-2018, 01:14 AM   #2166
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyngofpop View Post
Apparently I too, am too much for some, but it's all good.

I've always felt and KNEW that I had too much Love to give to this world...humans weren't receiving enough for the strength of Love that I have to give.

My favorite word in all of my vocabulary of the several languages that I've learned on my own without any outside help was the English word of...

NEXT!!!

Fk that, I don't PLAY that insecurities BS. If you're not sure, move on to the NEXT! Cause I have NO time to waste! Hope ya happy..BYE!
Ariana Grande is kind of annoying but I'm finding that I'm enjoying her new song "Thank you, next!"
Appreciate 1
Kyngofpop676.00
      11-26-2018, 01:46 AM   #2167
Kyngofpop
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 4

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyngofpop View Post
Apparently I too, am too much for some, but it's all good.

I've always felt and KNEW that I had too much Love to give to this world...humans weren't receiving enough for the strength of Love that I have to give.

My favorite word in all of my vocabulary of the several languages that I've learned on my own without any outside help was the English word of...

NEXT!!!

Fk that, I don't PLAY that insecurities BS. If you're not sure, move on to the NEXT! Cause I have NO time to waste! Hope ya happy..BYE!
Ariana Grande is kind of annoying but I'm finding that I'm enjoying her new song "Thank you, next!"
I'm a fan...and she's RIGHT!
      11-26-2018, 08:30 AM   #2168
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
whats happeninggg....lol
sip any1?

Appreciate 2
upstatedoc7555.50
      11-26-2018, 09:31 AM   #2169
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

upstatedoc I feel that we are all committed in some way and feel like we need to know what happened here. Not trying to pry into your personal life here....but totally prying into your personal life.

Kyngofpop In this day and age, I've learned not to become attached. They all come and go so quickly it's not worth the emotional bullshit. Long gone are the days of finding someone whom you clique with and staying with them any length of time. Relationships are just as disposable as as everything else these days.
Appreciate 4
      11-26-2018, 09:39 AM   #2170
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
upstatedoc I feel that we are all committed in some way and feel like we need to know what happened here. Not trying to pry into your personal life here....but totally prying into your personal life.

Kyngofpop In this day and age, I've learned not to become attached. They all come and go so quickly it's not worth the emotional bullshit. Long gone are the days of finding someone whom you clique with and staying with them any length of time. Relationships are just as disposable as as everything else these days.
Variety is the spice of life?
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2018, 09:47 AM   #2171
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herdalum View Post
Variety is the spice of life?
I think so, however; I've also been with the current girlfriend for almost 2 1/2 years. This advice coming from someone who tends to stay in relationships for an extended period of time. Now the women I refer to as "interim girls" that are basically in the revolving door in between relationships.....they get the equivalent of a job interview date, sex over the course of a a few weeks and then get tossed to the side as soon as I realize there is absolutely nothing there for me.

Basically sport fucking, see if I learn any new tricks and then I'm burning the soles off my shoes in the other direction if they don't meet standard requirements.
Appreciate 2
Kooch102.00
      11-26-2018, 09:50 AM   #2172
Belland
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Long gone are the days of finding someone whom you clique with and staying with them any length of time. Relationships are just as disposable as as everything else these days.
Depends on what you're looking for, or better yet, what you're attracting with your behavior. Not everything's that bleak. But it's not easy finding people worth investing time and effort into, I'll give you that.
Appreciate 2
      11-26-2018, 10:20 AM   #2173
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 Msport

Quote:
I think so, however; I've also been with the current girlfriend for almost 2 1/2 years. This advice coming from someone who tends to stay in relationships for an extended period of time. Now the women I refer to as "interim girls" that are basically in the revolving door in between relationships.....they get the equivalent of a job interview date, sex over the course of a a few weeks and then get tossed to the side as soon as I realize there is absolutely nothing there for me.

Basically sport fucking, see if I learn any new tricks and then I'm burning the soles off my shoes in the other direction if they don't meet standard requirements.
As my old pappy used to say, getting laid is no big deal. NOT getting laid is a very big deal.
Appreciate 4
      11-26-2018, 10:22 AM   #2174
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belland View Post
Depends on what you're looking for, or better yet, what you're attracting with your behavior. Not everything's that bleak. But it's not easy finding people worth investing time and effort into, I'll give you that.
This.

It's not easy finding someone decent, but you also have to be looking in the right places and for quality people in the first place.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2018, 10:39 AM   #2175
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belland View Post
I don't know man, the dating scene is pretty damn bleak. I'm sure there are several on here that will agree with me on this point. As for what people attract with their behavior, I will agree with that although I personally don't feel that notion directly applies to myself or my standard of life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
This.

It's not easy finding someone decent, but you also have to be looking in the right places and for quality people in the first place.
Demographics of the area in which a person lives plays a big part in this also. Out of curiosity, what do you consider the "right places' for one to find a "decent" person. In my experiences, straight up starting a conversation with someone you are attracted to will get the moniker of "creepy" quick fast. Without the use of social media or dating apps this seems to narrow the rate of a person getting dates. Again, I have a girlfriend and not looking but just for general conversation, I'm curious as to how one acquires dates with the right people and where to find them.
Appreciate 1
      11-26-2018, 10:51 AM   #2176
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:

Demographics of the area in which a person lives plays a big part in this also. Out of curiosity, what do you consider the "right places' for one to find a "decent" person. In my experiences, straight up starting a conversation with someone you are attracted to will get the moniker of "creepy" quick fast. Without the use of social media or dating apps this seems to narrow the rate of a person getting dates. Again, I have a girlfriend and not looking but just for general conversation, I'm curious as to how one acquires dates with the right people and where to find them.
The demographics play a huge part. As far as places, in college I found going to bars only led to meeting the scum of society. Girls you wouldn't want to touch with a 10 foot pole and rubber gloves. I joined several clubs, and met some real hotties who had great personalities also. Playing sports helped a lot, you meet people who are outgoing and fun.

For dating apps, this means joining something like Match in comparison to Tinder, even though dating apps are generally a crapshoot anyway. Also, put out there what you are looking for. If you want a relationship, say so on your profile, this will attract like minded people.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2018, 11:08 AM   #2177
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
The demographics play a huge part. As far as places, in college I found going to bars only led to meeting the scum of society. Girls you wouldn't want to touch with a 10 foot pole and rubber gloves. I joined several clubs, and met some real hotties who had great personalities also. Playing sports helped a lot, you meet people who are outgoing and fun.

For dating apps, this means joining something like Match in comparison to Tinder, even though dating apps are generally a crapshoot anyway. Also, put out there what you are looking for. If you want a relationship, say so on your profile, this will attract like minded people.
amazing how some stuff stays the same, year after year...
but I completely agree with you, "repeat" girls were usually ones I found through clubs/classes whereas ONS happens from going out. I have actually ran into red flags every single fkn time I tried to have someone come over after a ONS, and not like ghosted but like "holy shit she's actually not a decent human being"
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2018, 11:09 AM   #2178
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:

I'll agree with all of this. I must say that I have never picked up or dated anyone from a bar. The funny thing is that anytime I've ever been in a bar, anyone outside of the people that I'm with all act like I am an outsider of some kind. Personally, I'm ok with this; I wouldn't date anyone who is known by everyone in a bar anyway. In my opinion, those that frequent bars are the same people that you constantly see on apps like POF - the ones that complain that there are no real men left and are constantly in and out of bad relationships. I guess this touches on the point you made about quality of people.
Appreciate 0