BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Dating - Good/Bad Experiences

09-28-2018, 10:16 AM   #749
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Satan's Chariot 2.0

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
I'd be terrible at online dating. All of my humor is sarcastic and joking/teasing women. WTF do you say to someone you've never even seen before or talked to? At least in a store I can make a joke at what she is looking at or if we end up in the same aisle twice.

This is why online interactions will never replace face to face, and why if you do have a face to face interaction with a girl you have all the online guys beat who messaged her.
You can say Hi or what exciting things do you have going on this week? or what's the one thing you can't live without? or pick something in their profile. Seriously, it's not hard to send a message.

Sometimes I will even just send some dumb, but funny message. It all works. Sometimes no one replies no matter what you say then the next day or week I get a lot of messages.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2018, 10:36 AM   #750
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Never_Enough View Post
Bumble was the worst app for me. Right there with Coffee Meets Bagel. Make no mistake, they are inundated with matches on Bumble. They are just screening their Brad Pitt/sugar daddy contestants.

OMG men said Hi? Wow, they are terrible people! Does she ignore the cashier that says hi? Or perhaps tells a police officer to screw off if they said hello.

She's another diva type. "I'm too good to reply to "hi" How dare you not send me a fucking novel." Get over yourselves, people!

Meanwhile, she's not messaging anyone first or maybe 2 or 3 messages a week come from her first...
Coffee Meets Bagel? That's a dating app?

Sounds like an F'ing donut shop.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2018, 11:38 AM   #751
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
I'd be terrible at online dating. All of my humor is sarcastic and joking/teasing women. WTF do you say to someone you've never even seen before or talked to? At least in a store I can make a joke at what she is looking at or if we end up in the same aisle twice.

This is why online interactions will never replace face to face, and why if you do have a face to face interaction with a girl you have all the online guys beat who messaged her.
100%
its just so much more fun in person because you can see their reactions when you say some stupid but funny shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never_Enough View Post
Bumble was the worst app for me. Right there with Coffee Meets Bagel. Make no mistake, they are inundated with matches on Bumble. They are just screening their Brad Pitt/sugar daddy contestants.

OMG men said Hi? Wow, they are terrible people! Does she ignore the cashier that says hi? Or perhaps tells a police officer to screw off if they said hello.

She's another diva type. "I'm too good to reply to "hi" How dare you not send me a fucking novel." Get over yourselves, people!

Meanwhile, she's not messaging anyone first or maybe 2 or 3 messages a week come from her first...
yeah fuck CMB, literally the most useless of all. Bumble's kinda solid and on campus it has higher quality of chicks, tinder's just full of either thotties or fatties
Appreciate 1
________4157.00
      09-29-2018, 02:48 PM   #752
aozer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i

bumble date went well last night. chill girl, well traveled with a lot of interesting stories.

also had the best ass and legs ive ever seen. body was a 10/10. ive never seen an asian girl with curves like that. will definitely pursue further.
Appreciate 2
________4157.00
Germanauto9665.50
      09-29-2018, 03:30 PM   #753
________
________
Rep
Drives: ________

Quote:
Originally Posted by aozer View Post
bumble date went well last night. chill girl, well traveled with a lot of interesting stories.

also had the best ass and legs ive ever seen. body was a 10/10. ive never seen an asian girl with curves like that. will definitely pursue further.
Pics or it's a dude football player
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2018, 03:37 PM   #754
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
While I agree, I know a few guys who have actually had better luck on Bumble than any other site. I think the reason for this is that women aren't constantly hammered with messages and can choose who they interact with instead. One of my friends (female) was on another app (POF I think?) and she literally got 30 messages a day and each one said "hey" or "hi". She ended up just deleting it.
Yup.

Girls will just say "hey" but at least they have to initiate. If you get a message you are more likely to have a girl interested in you than the likes of Tinder.

I've had more luck on Bumble, especially when I'm in the city rather than a suburb 20 mins away.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2018, 03:39 PM   #755
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:

I'm a massive troll and run into this issue. I will be cheeky but can't be as funny as I'd like.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2018, 06:06 PM   #756
aozer
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnerDriver View Post
lol nah, if it goes nowhere i may post some pics in the future but i would rather respect her privacy right now
Appreciate 1
________4157.00
      09-29-2018, 07:31 PM   #757
________
________
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
lol nah, if it goes nowhere i may post some pics in the future but i would rather respect her privacy right now
That's my man
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2018, 05:53 PM   #758
________
________
Rep

My one Tinder "date" finally happened on Saturday.

I had been conversing a lot on Messenger with her, and I had definitely decided to be "friends" only, so I went very open minded about it.

Good thing I did. She is at least 50 pounds heavier than she appeared on all pictures/videos I had seen of her...

She drank 4 beers during our date, and I had 1. A friend of her showed up later, and I stayed for a while chatting with both of them. Her friend is maybe 50 pounds heavier than her still...

After I left they both went to another bar, to drink more. :O

On Sunday she had wine at home. Perhaps she's also an alcoholic... lol
Appreciate 5
Kyngofpop676.00
bimmette6452.50
wrickem2101.00
King Rudi13152.00
MKSixer34173.50
      10-01-2018, 08:23 PM   #759
aozer
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

I had been conversing a lot on Messenger with her, and I had definitely decided to be "friends" only, so I went very open minded about it.

Good thing I did. She is at least 50 pounds heavier than she appeared on all pictures/videos I had seen of her...

She drank 4 beers during our date, and I had 1. A friend of her showed up later, and I stayed for a while chatting with both of them. Her friend is maybe 50 pounds heavier than her still...

ive been on plenty of tinder dates where the girl showed up and was significantly heavier and less attractive than her pictures.

unfotunately im too much of a bitch to just walk out so i always end up going through with the date and then ignoring their inevitable future text. ghosting is a dick move, but so is creating a deceitful profile.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2018, 08:29 PM   #760
________
________
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

ive been on plenty of tinder dates where the girl showed up and was significantly heavier and less attractive than her pictures.

unfotunately im too much of a bitch to just walk out so i always end up going through with the date and then ignoring their inevitable future text. ghosting is a dick move, but so is creating a deceitful profile.
Lol I'm definitely not ghosting anyone, but beware of pics that are taken from specific angles and only show face.

In my extremely short dating app experience I learned to look at the other pictures, not only the main one. In 90% of cases I'd say "mmm she looks good", and when checking the 2nd and 3rd pictures I'd think they weren't from the same person...

I think the main takeaway for me is: that proves that dating apps only work if you're ok with meeting lots of random people you have nothing in common with until you meet one that you click with.

I mean, I was having a great time conversing with this person on Messenger... when I met her, it wasn't only about the appearances... nothing "clicked".
And when you work with someone, or go to school with, or chat in a mall or whatever, there's a whole gamut of "things" that attract you. For me it's the way a girl looks at me, the way she moves, etc. That you can't get on an app or texting. I'm done with these
Appreciate 2
Kyngofpop676.00
King Rudi13152.00
      10-02-2018, 08:17 AM   #761
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Satan's Chariot 2.0

Garage List
Quote:

So 50 lbs of beer gut
Appreciate 3
________4157.00
MKSixer34173.50
      10-02-2018, 10:34 AM   #762
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:

More BMI requires more alcohol to get buzzed
      10-02-2018, 11:37 AM   #763
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Probably has other issues...

Appreciate 0
      10-02-2018, 11:38 AM   #764
________
________
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Probably has other issues...
Like what?
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2018, 11:44 AM   #765
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Like what?
Depression for starters.

Appreciate 1
________4157.00
      10-02-2018, 11:57 AM   #766
________
________
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Like what?
Depression for starters.
Absolutely... she's got some daddy issues too, so I wouldn't be surprised.

I'm ok with handling those things though, I have a knack for helping people out, but I'd like that as a friend though. I've never done the friends with benefits thing that didn't end up in a lot of headache for me yet lol

Either I fall for them or they fall for me, and it's usually not at the same time hahahah
Appreciate 1
      10-02-2018, 12:39 PM   #767
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Like what?
Obesity.

Quote:
Absolutely... she's got some daddy issues too, so I wouldn't be surprised.
Girls with Daddy issues are great! Just don't get close to them.
Appreciate 5
      10-02-2018, 11:52 PM   #768
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
hey so...
i met the boyfriend of that crazy girl on saturday. balls arent chopped and im obv still alive.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      10-02-2018, 11:54 PM   #769
________
________
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayerische Motoren Werke View Post
hey so...
i met the boyfriend of that crazy girl on saturday. balls arent chopped and im obv still alive.
Aaaaaaaand...
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2018, 07:21 AM   #770
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayerische Motoren Werke View Post
hey so...
Quote:
Aaaaaaaand...
Yeah man, spill it. What happened? How did you end up meeting him?
Appreciate 1
________4157.00