BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Dating - Good/Bad Experiences

09-14-2018, 09:09 PM   #485
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Satan's Chariot 2.0

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayerische Motoren Werke View Post
i dont want to put out a lot since we secured funding a few days ago, but basically imagine a fusion of a "proper" online dating portal and tinder

i met the dude who's the founder at a networking event a week or two ago - he straight up said "women use tinder for instant gratification" and knew i had to meet him, eventually it turned out that they needed help with introducing the concept to VCs and what not and here we are...
Women use all this shit for attention. He's not saying anything we don't know.

Proper online dating is an oxymoron. Sadly, online dating is a joke now. I've been using it for my whole adult life so I've seen it devolve. Yes, I said devolve.

Unless it truly has something none of us have thought of or used, it's going to be another fuck buddy app or a flop.

I hope it's worth a shit, believe me...
Appreciate 2
MKSixer34171.50
      09-14-2018, 09:11 PM   #486
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Never_Enough View Post
Women use all this shit for attention. He's not saying anything we don't know.

Proper online dating is an oxymoron. Sadly, online dating is a joke now. I've been using it for my my whole adult life so I've seen it devolve. Yes, I said devolve.

Unless it truly has something none of us have thought of or used, it's going to be another fuck buddy app or a flop.

I hope it's worth a shit, believe me...
no its true that women do use this for attention. finding someone who is willing to say that publicly in a college campus is a rare find, i just felt like i had to meet this guy whether we would work together or not.

i hope we go somewhere with this, but we already got into stage A funding which means we have the opportunity to do so. if it fails miserably so be it, if it doesn't it'll be awesome. either way i dont really care for the end result - it can go both ways and i'd still be fine, and i'd still be friends with that dude.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2018, 09:17 PM   #487
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayerische Motoren Werke View Post
no its true that women do use this for attention. finding someone who is willing to say that publicly in a college campus is a rare find, i just felt like i had to meet this guy whether we would work together or not.

i hope we go somewhere with this, but we already got into stage A funding which means we have the opportunity to do so. if it fails miserably so be it, if it doesn't it'll be awesome. either way i dont really care for the end result - it can go both ways and i'd still be fine, and i'd still be friends with that dude.
Well, if you don't care about the end result, you must be married.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2018, 09:39 PM   #488
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
[IMG]
View post on imgur.com
[/IMG]

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 1
________4157.00
      09-14-2018, 10:25 PM   #489
________
________
Rep
Drives: ________

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmette View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnerDriver View Post
Do you have to pay for that one?
Yup
Did you stop using it? Why, are you in a relationship Tara?
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2018, 11:19 PM   #490
aozer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i

Got two chicks on bumble who are down to meet but I’m going to Germany tomorrow. Shit timing man.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2018, 11:22 PM   #491
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep
Drives: like I stole it! (11 m3 E93)

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yup
I stopped using dating apps a couple years ago. Just got annoying. I stopped dating for awhile. Started again recently. Basically been dating people I know in real life now. Old friends, kinda.
Unfriendzoning is possible
Appreciate 4
________4157.00
Germanauto9665.50
MKSixer34171.50
      09-14-2018, 11:26 PM   #492
aozer
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Not a date story, but Tinder nonetheless.

So I've been "chatting" with this girl for 2 days, since I created my account and we matched...
Lol you creeped hard man. Nobody can pull that shit on me because I have no social media.
Appreciate 1
________4157.00
      09-15-2018, 08:35 AM   #493
________
________
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yup
I stopped using dating apps a couple years ago. Just got annoying. I stopped dating for awhile. Started again recently. Basically been dating people I know in real life now. Old friends, kinda.
We've been friends for a while now...
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2018, 08:40 AM   #494
________
________
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aozer View Post
Quote:
Not a date story, but Tinder nonetheless.

So I've been "chatting" with this girl for 2 days, since I created my account and we matched...
Lol you creeped hard man. Nobody can pull that shit on me because I have no social media.
I think Tinder thinks so too because my account was banned lol
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2018, 10:36 AM   #495
aozer
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I think Tinder thinks so too because my account was banned lol
hahaha damn, youre probably better off without it anyways

once i get back from germany i will be deleting mine
Appreciate 1
________4157.00
      09-15-2018, 02:22 PM   #496
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yup
Creating false hope in friends everywhere
MKSixer34171.50
Arsonism158.00
      09-16-2018, 10:58 AM   #497
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Well, as I said earlier, all my dating app & site accounts are now closed. I'm taking a break. Last night, I met a girl I was talking to pre-account closures. She's a car girl & has a 2010 Roush Stage 3 so that was cool. She wants to run my Hellcat Had some good convo &, of course, banged her a few times. She said the usual "I don't normally do this" line that most use. Ladies, we know you're lying so please stop saying that to us.
Appreciate 3
________4157.00
King Rudi13152.00
      09-16-2018, 11:27 AM   #498
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80

Well tinder does absolutely no cleaning up. Shit if I was 13, I would make at least 20 tinder accounts with some bad ass IG models; and, just laugh at evertyhing I read. Almost like a reverse resume search lol. Everything is a shit show, try to approach a girl in public(even if she into you) will whip out good ole' reliable (phone) in her anxiety....Im pretty successful but see the fuckey nonetheless
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      09-16-2018, 11:59 AM   #499
aozer
Lieutenant
Rep

In Germany right now. It’s kinda funny how the GUI for bumble is completely different here than in the US.

They don’t even really have a bio section. It’s basically based only on pictures
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2018, 12:51 PM   #500
WeekendWarriorz
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4M

Here's one of my dating experiences:

Dated a girl for nearly 6 months and everything was going great, I usually have my girlfriend on Find my Friends so you can see what they're up too from time to time. Anyway, so one day she says she's going out hiking with her friends up at a local place. Not unusual since it overlooks Orange County and many people go there. You park down in the parking lot then have to walk a few miles, and Find my Friends uses the phones gps so it's accurate within a few feet. I checked that she was there, says she's in the parking lot. Checked again in 1 hour, same spot. Refreshed like 5 times to make sure. Still same spot. Texted her casually asking "How's the hike babe". No response. Instinct kicked in, hopped into my Z4m at the time and drove there (5-10 min drive in the area). I still don't get how you don't hear a completely straight piped s54 pulling up since I was downshifting and you could hear the car from at least half a mile away. Anyway, I pull up and walk right next to the car, literally looking into the window. She's giving a blowjob to a guy that she used to talk too long before me. Inner me wanted to knock on the window and pull the guy out and kick his ass. But I just took a deep breath, walked away and drove off to my buddies house. 45 mins later she texts me saying "Oh sorry babe I left the phone in the car!" They didn't realize/or hear my car pull up. After I confronted her about it over text she tried guilt tripping me. Nope! Later I found out from her friend that her parents divorced because her mom had an affair. Like mother like daughter I guess!
2021 M2 Competition DCT Hockenheim Silver
Appreciate 7
________4157.00
King Rudi13152.00
MKSixer34171.50
theriz405.50
      09-17-2018, 05:18 AM   #501
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Update from me: went on 2 dates with girl I had mentioned last week. Was really attracted to her but found her personality too dry and simple (not many ambitions or hobbies). She was not going to put out easily and I wasn't about to fake interest, time, and money just for that.

Also, been in Hawaii the past couple days.

Getting a shit ton of Bumble matches, but it's been difficult to actually meet up with any of the babes. It seems that girls are mostly just swiping out of curiosity and for more validation. Bumble is for the downtime when they aren't out and about enjoying the island. The other cockblock is the logistics...huge island, isolated resorts, difficult to get around, almost no night life scene, etc. Basically, it takes massive effort from both parties to even grab a drink and "proceed" from there.

I'm so horny right now my dudes.

Last edited by Germanauto; 09-17-2018 at 05:27 AM..
Appreciate 2
      09-17-2018, 06:47 AM   #502
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Update from me: went on 2 dates with girl I had mentioned last week. Was really attracted to her but found her personality too dry and simple (not many ambitions or hobbies). She was not going to put out easily and I wasn't about to fake interest, time, and money just for that.

Also, been in Hawaii the past couple days.

Getting a shit ton of Bumble matches, but it's been difficult to actually meet up with any of the babes. It seems that girls are mostly just swiping out of curiosity and for more validation. Bumble is for the downtime when they aren't out and about enjoying the island. The other cockblock is the logistics...huge island, isolated resorts, difficult to get around, almost no night life scene, etc. Basically, it takes massive effort from both parties to even grab a drink and "proceed" from there.

I'm so horny right now my dudes.
It's not HI, it's the women that are the problem. Same shit in every state.
Appreciate 2
________4157.00
King Rudi13152.00
      09-17-2018, 08:47 AM   #503
________
________
Rep

Just deleted the bumble account I had too...

It proved my earlier point... way easier and more efficient to just being open to real life i.e. open to eye contact and impromptu conversations when you're out. Sure, an interesting conversation that leads to number exchanging and a "date" may happen once a month, but isn't that what happens on these apps anyway? At least in real life you've already seen the person and know if they're fat or disfuncional on first impressions.

I got one in these 10 days. That's good enough.
The bullshit makes it not worth it.

BTW I was chatting with this woman on Bumble, great conversation, everything working out great (although in the back of my mind there was always a question of what the future looked like, being she's 5 years older and has 2 kids).

She told me she was cooking for the weekend as she had the kids. Then asks me if I cook typical foods (she's Romanian). I tell her I don't cook at all.

She unmatched me lol hahahaha #BitchesBeHungry
Appreciate 4
King Rudi13152.00
Germanauto9665.50
Kyngofpop676.00
MKSixer34171.50
      09-17-2018, 09:03 AM   #504
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

It proved my earlier point... way easier and more efficient to just being open to real life i.e. open to eye contact and impromptu conversations when you're out. Sure, an interesting conversation that leads to number exchanging and a "date" may happen once a month, but isn't that what happens on these apps anyway? At least in real life you've already seen the person and know if they're fat or disfuncional on first impressions.

BTW I was chatting with this woman on Bumble, great conversation, everything working out great (although in the back of my mind there was always a question of what the future looked like, being she's 5 years older and has 2 kids).

She told me she was cooking for the weekend as she had the kids. Then asks me if I cook typical foods (she's Romanian). I tell her I don't cook at all.

How do you eat then? Take out or sit down restaurants 365? #lazyballer
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2018, 09:04 AM   #505
________
________
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never_Enough View Post
Quote:

How do you eat then? Take out or sit down restaurants 365? #lazyballer
Yeah I eat whatever... restaurants, takeout, junk food...
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2018, 09:44 AM   #506
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendWarriorz View Post
Here's one of my dating experiences:

Dated a girl for nearly 6 months and everything was going great, I usually have my girlfriend on Find my Friends so you can see what they're up too from time to time. Anyway, so one day she says she's going out hiking with her friends up at a local place. Not unusual since it overlooks Orange County and many people go there. You park down in the parking lot then have to walk a few miles, and Find my Friends uses the phones gps so it's accurate within a few feet. I checked that she was there, says she's in the parking lot. Checked again in 1 hour, same spot. Refreshed like 5 times to make sure. Still same spot. Texted her casually asking "How's the hike babe". No response. Instinct kicked in, hopped into my Z4m at the time and drove there (5-10 min drive in the area). I still don't get how you don't hear a completely straight piped s54 pulling up since I was downshifting and you could hear the car from at least half a mile away. Anyway, I pull up and walk right next to the car, literally looking into the window. She's giving a blowjob to a guy that she used to talk too long before me. Inner me wanted to knock on the window and pull the guy out and kick his ass. But I just took a deep breath, walked away and drove off to my buddies house. 45 mins later she texts me saying "Oh sorry babe I left the phone in the car!" They didn't realize/or hear my car pull up. After I confronted her about it over text she tried guilt tripping me. Nope! Later I found out from her friend that her parents divorced because her mom had an affair. Like mother like daughter I guess!
Damn son....that's harsh. I would have taken a picture of the act and sent that as a message with "Don't bother replying."

Quote:

Learn to cook. Women love it when a man cooks for them, especially if it's good. Even if it sucks, they can give you a hard time about it. You'll end up with the same result either way....unless it makes them sick.
Appreciate 3