BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > Help with back light

05-31-2019, 10:32 AM   #1
vahihapehe
Rep
Drives: BMW F25

Help with back light

Hi all,
I saw many posts about back light where peolple talks about problem, and also saw some DIY explaining how to replace led lights.
By the way, I think my problem is different.
As you can see in this video, first and second time I open the car, the left light is soft (like it doesn't turn on all), but third, fourth and fifth try are ok.
What can be the problem?

Another strange behavior: in the past, when I pressed the button to open the trunk, only that was opened. After the last coding with esys, the whole car opens. What could it be?
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2019, 10:59 AM   #2
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by vahihapehe View Post
Hi all,
I saw many posts about back light where peolple talks about problem, and also saw some DIY explaining how to replace led lights.
By the way, I think my problem is different.
As you can see in this video, first and second time I open the car, the left light is soft (like it doesn't turn on all), but third, fourth and fifth try are ok.
What can be the problem?
It looks like it needs to warm up: if you simply turn it on once and wait awhile - will it gain brightness? Anyway it should be either a contact or the LED (Degrading? I don't know if it's possible or how it would go.) issue.

Quote:
Another strange behavior: in the past, when I pressed the button to open the trunk, only that was opened. After the last coding with esys, the whole car opens. What could it be?
There's a programmed setting that controls how the unlock buttons work. For the main one it's available in iDrive (see page 32 of this manual instance). For the trunk unlock button you may (obviously) need ESYS again or check your iDrive/manual.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2019, 09:43 AM   #3
vahihapehe
Rep
Drives: BMW F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by No one View Post
It looks like it needs to warm up: if you simply turn it on once and wait awhile - will it gain brightness? Anyway it should be either a contact or the LED (Degrading? I don't know if it's possible or how it would go.) issue.
Tested: it will not gain brightness, so it's not a warm up.
Can it be a low battery sign? mmmmmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by No one View Post
There's a programmed setting that controls how the unlock buttons work. For the main one it's available in iDrive (see page 32 of this manual instance). For the trunk unlock button you may (obviously) need ESYS again or check your iDrive/manual.
Checked the manual, I think I'll need esys again. But I don't think I've changed any parameter about trunk, so I don't know what to change now
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2019, 02:07 PM   #4
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Quote:
Tested: it will not gain brightness, so it's not a warm up.
Can it be a low battery sign?
When the battery is weak the car's computer should issue a warning. (Battery status is available. For "auto start/stop", "energy recuperation", etc.) If it fails or it's too late all the lights would dim and engine start would suffer.

Quote:
Checked the manual, I think I'll need esys again. But I don't think I've changed any parameter about trunk, so I don't know what to change now
If you miss this iDrive setting: https://www.babybmw.net/forum/viewto...=67952#p859863, try to reverse the coding that had this side effect, to start with. Or address a service.
Appreciate 0