BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > New Email Address: Prevent from going to SPAM

03-31-2010, 08:19 AM   #1
MoreCowbell
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 24 i5M60 23 X740 23 Vette Z06

New Email Address: Prevent from going to SPAM

For business reasons, I am moving from my gmail address to a domain that I have purchased on GoDaddy. I am going to forward my gmail to my new doman.

Question: How do I prevent email I send from new domain from going to the SPAM folders of people I generally email? I don't mass mail or anything, I am just worried that people email accounts won't recognize my domain and send my mails into SPAM.

How do I prevent this?

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2010, 08:37 AM   #2
Comet
Troll Harder
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 997 GT3, 997 4 GTS, X6M

Garage List
usually they won't go to junk

but just in case, you can check the "Request Delivery Receipt" and/or Read Receipt from Outlook

or I usually put "Please confirm the receipt of this email" at the end of my email. as the former I find is annoying.

if you don't get a reply within 2 days, re-send from your gmail and ask them to check their junk email if it got junked
      04-01-2010, 11:44 AM   #3
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Is the content from your Gmail account normally considered SPAM? If not, then the new domain should be OK until you get blacklisted for sending real spam. There are a few email users who are REQUIRED to whitelist any email.

Send out a parting email to all your contacts from Gmail with your new account info, and ask them to add you to the whitelist
Appreciate 0