BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > DUI Insurance

11-18-2018, 07:32 PM   #67
DieselOG
Spaceship Man Bad
United_States
Rep
Drives: DIEsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caffeine Powered View Post
Nah, Wisconsin surely has a higher rate. If we don't, I'll bet we have more with 7 or more dui's and are still driving.
Wisconsin does for sure have Minnesota beat. Although they have started handing out some for using ice augers while intoxicated here, gotta keep those numbers up.
      11-18-2018, 07:35 PM   #68
DieselOG
Spaceship Man Bad
United_States
Rep
Drives: DIEsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWMM3 View Post
Thanks! lol although its not for my 2013 bimmer, its for my cousins that he hasnt purchased yet
Tell him to check out progressive, its gonna be expensive for 3 years because of his age, the dui, and they type of car.
      11-19-2018, 10:39 AM   #69
quagmire
I am Gundam
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendWarriorz View Post
I had a drunk driver fly across an intersection in a Kia Sedona hitting the traffic light and it landed on my GTI a few years ago. I could've pressed charges as my sister and I had minor scratches and glass damage as well as whiplash. But no, People make mistakes, some of which can cost the lives of other people. It's not your responsibility to lash out and shit on someone looking for advice, things happen, the guy still has bills to pay, possibly a family to feed, needs a car to drive to work, etc. If you're so emotionally touched by this subject seek therapy and mental rehabilitation. Just my .02 cents.
Just unfortunate when ever a person is killed because a POS decided to drink and drive, it's always seems to be the innocent victim the person crashed into and the drunk driver survives.

I have little sympathy for the persons poor decision making in driving a car while intoxicated. Driving isn't a right, it's privilege. We as a country are way too lenient when it comes to DUI's and letting them back on the road. A DUI should face a minimum of 5 years of loss of license.
Appreciate 1
      11-20-2018, 06:20 PM   #70
overlook637
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselOG View Post
I have always found it interesting that people have to pay an insane amount to insure their car when they have a breathalyzer in it. You would think that would make you less of a risk, unlike the rest of the population, it is physically impossible for them to drive their car impaired
They have a Breathalyzer because they have been found guilty of making bad choices.

A drunk can still drive a car. They only need a sober person to provide a breath sample to get the car started. If they only need to drive a few miles, then they don't need to worry about another clean breath sample.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2018, 06:23 PM   #71
overlook637
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendWarriorz View Post
Not really man, there's people on this forum who have lots of connections and have gone through experiences similar to this. If you feel obligated to be a dick then don't comment.
What about the experience of viewing a crushed skull. The experience of seeing brain fluid on the highway, that was knocked out of the nose when the drunk driver hit the drunk pedestrian. The experience of smelling blood bake on a hot exhaust from a drunk driver. These experience will never leave me.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2018, 11:55 AM   #72
bimmer456
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i

Not sure if it was asked but did he fight the ticket? I've heard of cases being dismissed when the cop didn't show even for DUI. Just got my ticket dismissed a couple days ago for turning on a stop sign without stopping.
Appreciate 1
Kyngofpop676.00
      11-28-2018, 06:57 PM   #73
overlook637
Lieutenant
Rep

^ drunk driving is a choice not a mistake.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2018, 09:36 PM   #74
rlmesq
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWMM3 View Post
The younger cousin recently got a DUI few months ago and when he visited he was wondering whats the cheapest insurance rate for him? He is only 20 years old and wanted a bimmer too since he was looking for cars soon but I'm not sure which insurance is affordable for him. Anyone got an insurance company or tips for him

I refer my DUI clients to these guys and get good feedback.

https://www.breatheeasyins.com/

Your cousin needs an SR22 certificate, where the insurance company agrees to report any cancellation of the policy to DMV.

Keep in mind that a DUI under the age of 21 results in a one year license suspension. (DMV has its own "Zero tolerance" administrative suspension process for being under 21 and driving with a BAC over .01%, which also carried a one year suspension.)
Appreciate 0