BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > Buying a car as a status symbol....

01-21-2023, 10:45 AM   #67
BobBMWX3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forzanerazzurri View Post
If people stopped buying BMWs as status symbols, BMW wouldn't exist.
I purchased my first BMW two years ago. I shopped many brands in the process and landed on BMW for many reasons. None of those were status.
Appreciate 1
Patton2502936.50
      01-21-2023, 11:45 AM   #68
GTS Daddy
#Driver
Rep
Drives: '23 G80x

Yeah, anger and frustration. Why do people drink diet Coke. WTF!!

And who eats pizza with pineapple?!! F^*kers.

Why do people look around at flashy things? Imbeciles.

And who are these morons that buy Balenciaga?! posers

We can all live life on whatever terms we choose. For me, I choose gratitude and compassion. When I practice thankfulness for life's simple pleasures, I usually dont have much room for complaining about what others do that I do not have any direct control over or, that has ZERO impact on my life.

Keep on keeping on brothers and sisters. We're all in this together whether we like it or not.
Appreciate 1
      01-21-2023, 12:52 PM   #69
DanPak
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i xDrive Sedan

I always rejected the idea of buying something for status, but man does it feel good to be driving a brand new Bimmer...especially when you started of with some 20+ year old beater Altima.
Appreciate 1
Patton2502936.50
      01-22-2023, 04:14 PM   #70
H2O_Doc
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C, GLB-250, C7 Z51

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanG View Post
Who cares what cars other people drive.
A lot of people. Conspicuous consumption is a thing that exists for a reason. That reason is deep in our brains and owes its existence to our evolutionary history and social behavior.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2023, 04:56 PM   #71
G MONEY
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 458/ YAS m4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwlover x View Post
For status bmw? Lol.
This!!!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 2
      01-22-2023, 06:56 PM   #72
DavesZupra4
Banned
Rep
Drives: Z4 M40

Quote:
Originally Posted by G MONEY View Post
This!!!!!!!!!!
Ok Mr Lamborghini. I'm obviously referring to the average person.

Also Lamborghinis are such posers cars. People buying them can't fuking drive.

Give me the gt3 and or 458 speciale ALL DAY
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2023, 09:09 PM   #73
G MONEY
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 458/ YAS m4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavesZupra4 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by G MONEY View Post
This!!!!!!!!!!
Ok Mr Lamborghini. I'm obviously referring to the average person.

Also Lamborghinis are such posers cars. People buying them can't fuking drive.

Give me the gt3 and or 458 speciale ALL DAY
Easy bro. Just don't think BMW is a status car. You get can a few year old ones for a decent price. Does that make someone a baller? Just cause someone can't drive doesn't mean they can't buy a nice car either. Also doesn't mean if you have a GT3 your a good driver. Yes, 458 over Lambo for me as well. Been around owners of all the cars you talk about. They all seem like good drivers. At least on the highway. Not sure how they would do at the ring. Lol
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2023, 05:36 AM   #74
MarcF10
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Garage List
2018 BMW X5  [0.00]
I bought my BMW for the status as well as the performance and I feel very good about it. If i could justify the purchasing of an expensive watch like Rolex i would also buy it.

Enjoying the best in life is a good thing. No reason to apologise.

Regarding the driving skills. Have you noticed our cars are loaded with all sorts of electronics and assistants and radars and silly service manuals?

It's because the manufacturers are interested in selling more cars to the average Joe who have no idea what a car is and how not to kill themselves driving a car.

I have been on the track with motorcycles back in the day. It is a great experience and testing yourself and your ride. But track days are sport and hobby and you cannot practice the same in the motorway. It just gives you confidence and preparedness to deal with risk.

I have learned that risk is not good if you cannot tolerate the consequences. I steer away from risk and drive my BMW as a boss and a poser.

For myself and myself only. Not even my wife and kids. That's the point. Live up to your real animal desires and enjoy your life to the fullest.

And yes, driving a BMW shows other drivers you have a bigger dick. Fact. Women understand that.

Lamborghinis, Porsches, Ferraris are for the weirdos. You can't drive like a boss on these, you always have to feel anxious about proving you are a good pilot.

not for me
Appreciate 1
Tejas1836989.50
      01-24-2023, 06:03 AM   #75
Patton250
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3,M5,Turbo S

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcF10 View Post
I bought my BMW for the status as well as the performance and I feel very good about it. If i could justify the purchasing of an expensive watch like Rolex i would also buy it.

Regarding the driving skills. Have you noticed our cars are loaded with all sorts of electronics and assistants and radars and silly service manuals?

It's because the manufacturers are interested in selling more cars to the average Joe who have no idea what a car is and how not to kill themselves driving a car.

I have been on the track with motorcycles back in the day. It is a great experience and testing yourself and your ride. But track days are sport and hobby and you cannot practice the same in the motorway. It just gives you confidence and preparedness to deal with risk.

I have learned that risk is not good if you cannot tolerate the consequences. I steer away from risk and drive my BMW as a boss and a poser.

For myself and myself only. Not even my wife and kids. That's the point. Live up to your real animal desires and enjoy your life to the fullest.

And yes, driving a BMW shows other drivers you have a bigger dick. Fact. Women understand that.

Lamborghinis, Porsches, Ferraris are for the weirdos. You can't drive like a boss on these, you always have to feel anxious about proving you are a good pilot.

not for me

Boss

Appreciate 0
      01-26-2023, 05:28 AM   #76
SusanAndrews10
Registered
Rep
Drives: VW Passat

i just love old bmw models! but some peope really buy it for status ....
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2023, 08:15 AM   #77
Westside Guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Z4 M40i, 2021 228i GC

Garage List
In response to the OP, this is a simple answer.

When I buy a car (any manufacturer/ model) and get behind the steering wheel it turns into a status symbol!!!

When I put the top down on my Z4, I constantly receive compliments on how great the car looks with me driving it!!!
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2023, 09:05 AM   #78
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80

bro i see str8 hoodlums in teslas and bmws....

a very key point to remember

MOST people with designer things are fuckin broke and in debt

like an M3 is nothing to me but I like to live below my means.

This is America, where anyone can be whoever they want due to credit. so it aint a status symbol. only when your car is 300k +
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2023, 11:40 AM   #79
yousefnjr
salty cowboys fan
Rep
Drives: ‘06 Z4MR, ‘20 X7, ‘22 M4x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcF10 View Post

not for me
I can’t tell if this is satire or not but I did get a chuckle
      01-26-2023, 11:57 AM   #80
MarcF10
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Garage List
2018 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by yousefnjr View Post
I can’t tell if this is satire or not but I did get a chuckle
...and that's the idea.

same thing as driving your BMW like a boss. people can't tell if you bought it for the status or not, but you get a chuckle regardless....
Appreciate 0