BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > F20 116d Rear Rattling Sound

10-10-2023, 02:45 AM   #1
mattwong73
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F20

F20 116d Rear Rattling Sound

Hi members. I’m new to the forum. I’d like to seek all experienced members’ advice. I own a F20 116d RHD with 95k km mileage. I have been plagued with the followings:

1. Rattling noise can be heard at the rear undercarriage (sometimes) when I exit a left turn on gas. The rattles can be heard also on the straight on gas (rarely). I have changed out many parts, including the Guibo, prop shaft mount, wheel bearings, added addictive to the rear diff. The sound still persists. Getting really frustrated with the car. There’s no rattling noise when I go forward and backward at low speed, and going over bumps and bumps.

2. Squealing sound from the belt. I have changed out the main pulley, belt, water pump, belt tensioner. This squeal will come on sometimes and usually when the car is hot.

Any gurus here have had similar experiences? Thanks I’m advance.
Appreciate 0