BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > Should I install Esys or Ista/D & P

05-26-2022, 06:30 PM   #1
GerryAttrick
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: 2018 f36 430i 2014 f20 m135i

Should I install Esys or Ista/D & P

After a month or so with my F20 M135i I am loving it. A couple of things on my TO DO list:
*Update maps from Japanese to Aust/NewZealand
*Install Cruise control in place of LIM

I have a dedicated laptop set aside with WIN10 Pro. I bought an Enet cable and it included a copy of Esys and the Pzdatafiles. I can buy a copy of the correct maps and FSC code online for about $50 but still need to recode the car to NZ region. Alternatively I can download the maps (and maybe an FSC code??) and make a start on using the appropriate software

I plan at some stage to install Ista+ and wonder whether I should bother to install Esys or just get a copy of Ista and use that from the outset.

If the consensus is go straight for Ista are there any recommendations on where the best download site is and do I need D & P or just Ista/D?
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2022, 01:30 AM   #2
IJO
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 116I F20

They are not interchangeable as far as I know.

Ista for diagnosis and repair procedures.

E-Sys for coding and programming. (DTCs as well)

So if you feel you need guided diagnostics and repair procedure, circuit diagrams etc, then Ista +, but for DTCs then E-sys should do.

I use BimmerUtility with E-sys as the launcher etc. Well worth the $99.
Appreciate 0