BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > My 125i was just unloaded of the ship...

04-21-2013, 10:18 PM   #89
mdt
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: AW M2, AW M135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by boutan View Post
I doubt the engineers write the owners manual. More likely the Lawyers do... and they are all about covering their asses...
You don't know who's had a hand in it. I had a friend involved in the US car industry in the 70s, he said that the manual for one particular car suggested a reduction in tyre pressures (relative to the previous year's manual) in response to complaints about harshness of ride, only to be increased again when the oil price shocks occurred.

When car dealers start to break in their own demonstrators, I might follow their advice more closely, until then I'll be warming up the car before giving it a bootful and cooling it down before turning off the engine. Deep down, I suspect we all know what's required by being mechanically sympathetic.

Last edited by mdt; 04-21-2013 at 10:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2013, 01:36 AM   #90
Aior
Registered
Belgium
Rep
Drives: 116 Efficient Dynamics

Very nice colour!
Appreciate 0