BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Dating - Good/Bad Experiences

08-10-2021, 12:34 PM   #10451
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickGTR View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
This!!!

All she had to do was kindly say, "Hey guy! I appreciate you taking the time to come talk to me and my friends. That was really nice of you, but unfortunately I'm/we're not interested. I really hope you and your friends have a great rest of your evening."
Exactly! But in reality what really happens is this.
So wait, if you tell her you own an M3/4 she doesn't just get naked? Ba ha ha ha. Just kidding
In Sara's case he'd need to say that he just flew in for dinner and would be flying back home since he has a private landing strip on 20 acres of property.
Appreciate 3
      08-10-2021, 12:36 PM   #10452
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
In Sara's case he'd need to say that he just flew in for dinner and would be flying back home since he has a private landing strip on 20 acres of property.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan24980.50
      08-10-2021, 12:37 PM   #10453
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
My brother from another mother. We were cut from the same fabric. Allow me to share a little silly story….

….so, most guys are scared of rejection. I find it weak to be honest; you can't pull every chick you meet. Anyway, we had just left the gym and had stopped by Ralph's to buy something. A few buddies were really attracted to this woman, but were scared to approach her. I offered to initiate the conversation so one of them could piggyback and try to make the connection. They declined! Shortly thereafter, we're in the aisle and the same woman - who was really attractive and who had presumably been in the same gym we were in based on her attire - comes walking toward us and she had a broom and a few items in her hand. Me being me, and one who never passes up an opportunity when I'm single, I made eye contact with her and said, "Soooo, were you coming to sweep me off of my feet?!?" She cracked up laughing and ultimately I got her number and…..the inevitable happened. It's that simple if you can think on your feet and not worry about someone declining your advance(s).
This right here. Damn social media and dating apps ruined peoples ability to communicate in person on the fly. Charm and wit account for a lot. No one knows how to interact in person anymore. Everything needs to be scripted and edited. Just be yourself!
Sedan_Clan24980.50
JP102463.00
      08-10-2021, 12:39 PM   #10454
fiveohwblow
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15, E46 & M3, F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
This right here. Damn social media and dating apps ruined peoples ability to communicate in person on the fly. Charm and wit account for a lot. No one knows how to interact in person anymore. Everything needs to be scripted and edited. Just be yourself!
Slays me because that’s one of my strongest suits, and it’s practically worthless now
Appreciate 4
cmyx6go15689.50
Sedan_Clan24980.50
King Rudi13154.00
      08-10-2021, 12:41 PM   #10455
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
My brother from another mother. We were cut from the same fabric. Allow me to share a little silly story….

….so, most guys are scared of rejection. I find it weak to be honest; you can't pull every chick you meet. Anyway, we had just left the gym and had stopped by Ralph's to buy something. A few buddies were really attracted to this woman, but were scared to approach her. I offered to initiate the conversation so one of them could piggyback and try to make the connection. They declined! Shortly thereafter, we're in the aisle and the same woman - who was really attractive and who had presumably been in the same gym we were in based on her attire - comes walking toward us and she had a broom and a few items in her hand. Me being me, and one who never passes up an opportunity when I'm single, I made eye contact with her and said, "Soooo, were you coming to sweep me off of my feet?!?" She cracked up laughing and ultimately I got her number and…..the inevitable happened. It's that simple if you can think on your feet and not worry about someone declining your advance(s).
Exactly!

Kind of the same story. Manager's meeting almost 15 years ago. Regionals and Store Managers all invited to a conference. There was one really attractive sales trainer. When we took break, we began chatting, I ended up with her number. When we took a break for lunch, all the male managers were taking secret pictures of her and texting about her. When they brought me in on the conversation and asked why I wasn't a part of the text conversation, my response was "You guys are texting back about forth about the girl; I'm texting the girl." She came to my hotel room that night and almost got both of us fired, but legend status was achieved that night. Having the confidence to strike up a conversation is sometimes all it takes.
Appreciate 5
cmyx6go15689.50
TiMSport12792.50
Sedan_Clan24980.50
      08-10-2021, 12:49 PM   #10456
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3

Hail to the king.
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan24980.50
King Rudi13154.00
      08-10-2021, 12:50 PM   #10457
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

I love when my bro's are confident and go after what they want. Well done, Sirs!! Well done!
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      08-10-2021, 12:53 PM   #10458
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Last time I went out to dinner, there was a couple at the table across from us and they were texting on their phones the whole time. I don't think they said a word to each other. What's the point of going out to dinner then? If I go out with someone I want to enjoy their company.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 5
cmyx6go15689.50
King Rudi13154.00
Sedan_Clan24980.50
TiMSport12792.50
      08-10-2021, 01:17 PM   #10459
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
In truth, I think the drama caused recently by that guy was actually due to the fact that the landing strip wasn't private...
Appreciate 3
King Rudi13154.00
Sedan_Clan24980.50
      08-10-2021, 01:18 PM   #10460
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASBSECU E93 View Post
JFC….this endless circle of advice is pointless.

Literally a regurgitation of the exact same direction from 3 years ago….
I'm just here to be entertained and play amateur psychologist.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan24980.50
      08-10-2021, 01:20 PM   #10461
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
Quote:
Last time I went out to dinner, there was a couple at the table across from us and they were texting on their phones the whole time. I don't think they said a word to each other. What's the point of going out to dinner then? If I go out with someone I want to enjoy their company.
That phenomenon annoys me. I see it with couples and families alike. Like you, I've watched couples and families on cellular phones, worried about posting on social media and/or texting others, and not engaging each other at all. I'm the type where I will turn off every notification when I'm with a woman. I want to be fully immersed in her.
Appreciate 2
      08-10-2021, 01:20 PM   #10462
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
In truth, I think the drama caused recently by that guy was actually due to the fact that the landing strip wasn't private...
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan24980.50
      08-10-2021, 01:38 PM   #10463
ramman434
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Quote:
Does she then respond to him with a "I have a landing strip at home you can fly back on"? Couldn't help myself
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan24980.50
      08-10-2021, 01:39 PM   #10464
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara View Post
Perfect example of a gentleman. Just saying...

I haven't met this guy yet. We'll go on a date eventually sometime, maybe next week. He saw me and walked past me about an hour ago when I was walking with a girlfriend. He did not call my name, he did not approach us. Classic gentleman. Now I have a lot more respect for him for not approaching us and catching me off guard and I'm looking forward to meeting him just bit more now.
What does that even mean, catching you off guard? You don't know what to say unless you have time to think about it? I'm not being catty, I'm honestly curious.
Sedan_Clan24980.50
      08-10-2021, 01:43 PM   #10465
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I haven't met this guy yet. We'll go on a date eventually sometime, maybe next week. He saw me and walked past me about an hour ago when I was walking with a girlfriend. He did not call my name, he did not approach us. Classic gentleman. Now I have a lot more respect for him for not approaching us and catching me off guard and I'm looking forward to meeting him just bit more now.
What does that even mean, catching you off guard? You don't know what to say unless you have time to think about it? I'm not being catty, I'm honestly curious.
In on this. I'd much rather have someone come up to me in person as opposed to walking past me then message me after. Backwards world we live in.
Appreciate 2
      08-10-2021, 01:46 PM   #10466
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

In on this. I'd much rather have someone come up to me in person as opposed to walking past me then message me after. Backwards world we live in.
Yeah, I'm confounded. I don't know how that makes him more gentlemanly.
Appreciate 2
cmyx6go15689.50
King Rudi13154.00
      08-10-2021, 01:49 PM   #10467
Cyn-BMW
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BWM E92 LCI+23 other cars

Quote:
I agree! It’s kinda creepy.
Appreciate 3
cmyx6go15689.50
Sedan_Clan24980.50
King Rudi13154.00
      08-10-2021, 01:51 PM   #10468
Cyn-BMW
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BWM E92 LCI+23 other cars

Quote:
20 acres? That’s all?
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan24980.50
      08-10-2021, 01:52 PM   #10469
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Yeah I'd more so describe him as a pansy but what do I know
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan24980.50
King Rudi13154.00
      08-10-2021, 01:54 PM   #10470
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Quote:
Yeah I'd more so describe him as a pansy but what do I know
You're thinking exactly what the rest of us are thinking. Furthermore, it seems like the guy already knew her or was familiar with her based on the text screenshot, so he wasn't exactly a nobody.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      08-10-2021, 01:55 PM   #10471
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I mean that I don't want to engage in conversation with someone who may be interested in me without being ready to do so. In this instance, it's ungodly hot outside, I'm sweating, the sun in beaming down on us, I'm in uncomfortable shoes, I don't feel pretty, quick walk three blocks to the grocery store to pick some items with a colleague in tow, I would feel not right striking up a conversation with a hot guy. It would catch me off guard to have a conversation with him in that moment.

So, I'm very appreciate that he saw me, and instead of walking over to me, he decided to just send me a DM. Very sweet of him. I would have felt frazzled should he have approached me and that being our first encounter. I don't have full make up on, it's just not how I want a first encounter to go.

I always strive to look my best and be my best when I first meet someone. When I'm not wearing lipstick, I get self conscious. It's the little things like that. I just want first encounter to be perfect, if I can mange that.
I'm just……. wow!
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13154.00
      08-10-2021, 01:59 PM   #10472
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
I mean that I don't want to engage in conversation with someone who may be interested in me without being ready to do so. In this instance, it's ungodly hot outside, I'm sweating, the sun in beaming down on us, I'm in uncomfortable shoes, I don't feel pretty, quick walk three blocks to the grocery store to pick some items with a colleague in tow, I would feel not right striking up a conversation with a hot guy. It would catch me off guard to have a conversation with him in that moment.

So, I'm very appreciate that he saw me, and instead of walking over to me, he decided to just send me a DM. Very sweet of him. I would have felt frazzled should he have approached me and that being our first encounter. I don't have full make up on, it's just not how I want a first encounter to go.

I always strive to look my best and be my best when I first meet someone. When I'm not wearing lipstick, I get self conscious. It's the little things like that. I just want first encounter to be perfect, if I can mange that.
Please do not take this as an attack, it is not. You are not perfect, you are a human being and that is what makes you, you. If it is going to go anywhere past a first or second date, the real you counts. Relationships are based on honesty. How long can you keep a facade going? Who cares if you don't have on lipstick. What do you do if he asks a question you aren't prepared for and don't have an answer scripted? I feel like a dinosaur....
King Rudi13154.00
rebekahb3130.00