BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > WITH LATEST OPEC move, gas prices gonna spike! [CLOSED DUE TO POLITICS]
Closed Thread

10-06-2022, 08:05 AM   #1
Llarry
///M driver
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 6-speed

Garage List
WITH LATEST OPEC move, gas prices gonna spike! [CLOSED DUE TO POLITICS]

I predict $8.00 per gallon premium or more on the west coast is coming. And Diesel and propane will spike as well. I have a propane heater to supplement my central HVAC and have a little Kubota Diesel tractor that I don't use all that much. But Diesel will impact shipping costs big time. And then there's aviation fuel...

Edit: And then I see on the morning news that prices are already at or near $8 in parts of California. Sheesh! They are "only" just under $7 here in Oregon.

This is gonna hurt!

Last edited by Llarry; 10-06-2022 at 10:18 AM..
Appreciate 2
ntg442888.50
      10-06-2022, 08:24 AM   #2
Lashz23
Banned
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llarry View Post
I predict $8.00 per gallon premium or more on the west coast is coming. And Diesel and propane will spike as well. I have a propane heater to supplement my central HVAC and have a little Kubota Diesel tractor that I don't use all that much. But Diesel will impact shipping costs big time. And then there's aviation fuel...
Quote:
Thanks for the information man
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2022, 09:02 AM   #3
DarkishM5C
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 Dark Graphite M5C

Garage List
2023 M5C  [10.00]
Quote:
Yeah, I saw that yesterday. OPEC is going to be cutting oil production by 2 million barrels per day. That's going to severely impact gas prices around the world.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2022, 10:17 AM   #4
FC4
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Yes

Write a letter to your local representatives and voice your concerns.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2022, 10:59 AM   #5
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

I’m absolutely shocked that horrendously poor decisions by our government have led us to this point. Nobody ever could have seen it coming.

Hopefully Maduro can help us out. The pathetic groveling to the Saudis didn’t seem to work, but I bet Venezuela needs the money more so we have a good shot!

If only there was something we could do domestically to become energy independent once again. Oh what could we possibly do? It’s so hard to fathom.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2022, 11:04 AM   #6
MmmmmM2
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Garage List
2016 Mazda CX-5  [0.00]
2021 BMW M2C  [0.00]
The worst part of this is that the US has an absolute shit ton of oil here in the states but we aren't using it.
Appreciate 4
NickyC17434.50
Cos270608.50
Torgus3781.50
TboneS541034.00
      10-06-2022, 11:10 AM   #7
ky0u
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335i, f22 m235i, e30 325is

Garage List
2015 BMW M235i  [0.00]
1988 BMW 325IS  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:

Edit: And then I see on the morning news that prices are already at or near $8 in parts of California. Sheesh! They are "only" just under $7 here in Oregon.

This is gonna hurt!
Just saw 7.39 yesterday

Build Thread
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2022, 11:26 AM   #8
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

They'll f'up a lemonade stand, because it's all that'll be left to f'up.
TboneS541034.00
      10-06-2022, 11:33 AM   #9
dgoldenz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Vanquish, FF, 392 Wrangler

I have 3 cars that all get 12mpg. Driving anywhere costs $20 round trip. lol
Appreciate 4
Cos270608.50
MmmmmM22586.00
TboneS541034.00
      10-06-2022, 12:19 PM   #10
GoneIn4Secs
Banned
Rep
Drives: BSM F87 LCI (DCT)

Lightbulb

it's the same tactics "they" tried to use to force people into taking the v4xxine; not be able to travel , not able to work certain jobs, not able to go eat out and go to the movies , put your mask on everywhere you go, etc. these things worked on some who couldn't put up with adversity or discomfort for a while, but here we are a 18 months later, and all the restriction were lifted

so ppl need to understand this move also will be discomfort for a while , but you gotta hold on to your principles
Appreciate 3
NickyC17434.50
TboneS541034.00
      10-06-2022, 01:22 PM   #11
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneIn4Secs View Post
it's the same tactics "they" tried to use to force people into taking the v4xxine; not be able to travel , not able to work certain jobs, not able to go eat out and go to the movies , put your mask on everywhere you go, etc. these things worked on some who couldn't put up with adversity or discomfort for a while, but here we are a 18 months later, and all the restriction were lifted

so ppl need to understand this move also will be discomfort for a while , but you gotta hold on to your principles

Regardless of what misguided principles you may hold, you may find it enlightening to know that the US government is not an OPEC member. "They" would prefer gas prices be cheap as water so they could win in upcoming elections.

Strap down that tinfoil hat though.
Appreciate 2
alex23642857.00
      10-06-2022, 01:28 PM   #12
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris719 View Post
"They" would prefer gas prices be cheap as water so they could win in upcoming elections.
Case in point. Another 10mill barrels ordered to be released from Strategic Petroleum Reserve in November.

Appreciate 0
      10-06-2022, 01:49 PM   #13
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3WC View Post
Case in point. Another 10mill barrels ordered to be released from Strategic Petroleum Reserve in November.

Still not enough, though.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2022, 02:01 PM   #14
440i6MT
Brother
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i, soon E60 M5 Manual

Unsurprising.
I'll abstain from ranting
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2022, 02:18 PM   #15
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneIn4Secs View Post

It took much longer than I had expected, but people finally came around to realize how terribly overblown Convid was. It took a good 18 months to break the irrational paranoia from the nonstop propaganda concerning a flu that 99.9% of the population was at zero risk from, but we got there. Once people understand the media and government lie about nearly everything (since the government now controls most media), their scams are becoming more difficult to keep a lid on.

It was very frustrating for people like us for some time, but I learned to have a bit more faith in others. Some just need more time, and the GW and self imposed energy crunch scams will be exposed in due time just like rest.

Last edited by NickyC; 10-06-2022 at 02:26 PM..
Appreciate 2
TboneS541034.00
      10-06-2022, 02:43 PM   #16
gatorfast
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
It took much longer than I had expected, but people finally came around to realize how terribly overblown Convid was. It took a good 18 months to break the irrational paranoia from the nonstop propaganda concerning a flu that 99.9% of the population was at zero risk from, but we got there. Once people understand the media and government lie about nearly everything (since the government now controls most media), their scams are becoming more difficult to keep a lid on.

It was very frustrating for people like us for some time, but I learned to have a bit more faith in others. Some just need more time, and the GW and self imposed energy crunch scams will be exposed in due time just like rest.
Overblown? There have been 6.5M+ deaths worldwide and 1M+ deaths in the US from covid over the past 2 years. Not sure how you call that overblown. Thankfully, between vaccinations, virus mutations, treatments, and a better general understanding of how to deal with the virus we have mainly been able to resume life as normal.
Appreciate 1
chris7197331.50
      10-06-2022, 02:50 PM   #17
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorfast View Post
Overblown? There have been 6.5M+ deaths worldwide and 1M+ deaths in the US from covid over the past 2 years. Not sure how you call that overblown. Thankfully, between vaccinations, virus mutations, treatments, and a better general understanding of how to deal with the virus we have mainly been able to resume life as normal.
Dying “from” and “with” are entirely two different things. Even the CDC through all their lies has admitted the true number of fatalities from the virus are much lower than the one million count. Convid was big business, hospitals made a fortune listing Convid as the cause of death when the real cause was likely any of the multiple comorbidities the patient suffered. The average age of a Convid death was right around average life expectancy. What was done to Western countries around the world for what is essentially an end of life disease is unconscionable, and unforgivable.

On a planet with nearly eight billion people, and at the most generous count of 6.5 million fatalities, all the while counting NO flu deaths during that time because somehow the flu just disappeared, is essentially statistical noise over a three year period of time.

What should be more concerning is the all cause mortality increase NOT related to Convid which every country who implemented the mRNA “vaccine” is currently experiencing. There’s a reason they cannot give away that Pharma garbage any longer. People are on to the scam.
Appreciate 2
TboneS541034.00
      10-06-2022, 03:37 PM   #18
Piper1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E85

Quote:

I had a rant typed up but decided not to post. Just know it sucks really bad when you’re that .1%. My handle is piper because I’m a bagpiper. You don’t want to know about the funerals I’ve played for.

Life is way too short. Stop thinking of yourself and start thinking of your loved ones. One of the hardest funerals I’ve ever played for was for the 14 year old daughter of my best friend who’s my brother from another mother.
Appreciate 3
NickyC17434.50
MmmmmM22586.00
gatorfast4991.50
      10-06-2022, 03:38 PM   #19
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Dying “from” and “with” are entirely two different things. Even the CDC through all their lies has admitted the true number of fatalities from the virus are much lower than the one million count. Convid was big business, hospitals made a fortune listing Convid as the cause of death when the real cause was likely any of the multiple comorbidities the patient suffered. The average age of a Convid death was right around average life expectancy. What was done to Western countries around the world for what is essentially an end of life disease is unconscionable, and unforgivable.

On a planet with nearly eight billion people, and at the most generous count of 6.5 million fatalities, all the while counting NO flu deaths during that time because somehow the flu just disappeared, is essentially statistical noise over a three year period of time.

What should be more concerning is the all cause mortality increase NOT related to Convid which every country who implemented the mRNA “vaccine” is currently experiencing. There’s a reason they cannot give away that Pharma garbage any longer. People are on to the scam.
I find it interesting that the risk factors many agree that make one more at risk to this virus are not being discussed/acted upon. Most of the risk factors tie into being obese. There has been zero focus on this...something that many can change by just moving and watching their diets. In addition, treating obesity isn't just beneficial with better outcomes from Covid but also the myriad other diseases tied to obesity. But that would be fat shaming...
Appreciate 2
NickyC17434.50
Cos270608.50
      10-06-2022, 03:47 PM   #20
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
I find it interesting that the risk factors many agree that make one more at risk to this virus are not being discussed/acted upon. Most of the risk factors tie into being obese. There has been zero focus on this...something that many can change by just moving and watching their diets. In addition, treating obesity isn't just beneficial with better outcomes from Covid but also the myriad other diseases tied to obesity. But that would be fat shaming...
Pharma doesn’t make money on healthy people, and governments are more able to control the weak. It’s far easier to shame people into compliance (no matter how ridiculous the compliance methods are) and to put everyone’s hope in a chemical than it is to lead a healthy lifestyle. The ridiculous lockdowns were the greatest wealth transfer in human history, all under the guise of a virus.

There was a reason they shut down the gyms, and not the marijuana/liquor stores. It wasn’t because they cared about our health that’s for sure.
Appreciate 1
zx10guy5149.50
      10-06-2022, 04:03 PM   #21
MmmmmM2
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Garage List
2016 Mazda CX-5  [0.00]
2021 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Sure would be nice to tap into all that shale we have here in the states.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2022, 04:28 PM   #22
dgoldenz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Vanquish, FF, 392 Wrangler

Quote:

You're living in your own world. Tell all of the dead people how overblown it was. I got it pre-vax availability and it was the sickest I've ever been in my life by far, and I'm a healthy 37 year old.

Your numbers are also very wrong. Just yesterday 1,112 people died of Covid in the US with a 7-day death average of 418 people per day. The entire US population is ~330 million, so one out of every 330 people in the US died and 1 out of every 96 people who got it died. That doesn't include the people who have long Covid or major health issues resulting from it that lived. My dad spent 3 weeks in a hospital and another 4 weeks in a skilled nursing facility learning how to walk again because it made him so weak that he couldn't sit up in a chair. So with all due respect (i.e. none), fuck off with your conspiracy theories.
Appreciate 5
chris7197331.50
MmmmmM22586.00
gatorfast4991.50
Closed Thread