BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Dating - Good/Bad Experiences

11-11-2021, 06:40 AM   #11969
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Speaking of goats. The girlfriend was just given a goat as the owner couldn't......whatever she couldn't, the gf ended up with the goat. We have now come to realize it's a service animal. Who the hell ever heard of a service goat. It's crazy! This thing is super smart. She was also kept inside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyn-BMW View Post
It’s not hard to have a cleaning crew swing by the house once a week and keep it clean. It’s money well spent.
Withholding the story of the former house keeper. I'll say no more. Yeah, typically paying someone else to do something isn't difficult at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socaldriver View Post
Don't ever get yourself with an attention whore or an ABG (Asian Baby Girl). Wait. My wife was and still is my ABG. Just avoid the attention whores.
I'm pretty sure I've had all the flavors and brands at this point. I've been with the same girl for 6 years now. She's anti-people like I am. We are pretty much hermits these days. We keep to ourselves to avoid the general public.

Last edited by King Rudi; 11-11-2021 at 09:26 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2021, 09:22 AM   #11970
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyn-BMW View Post
In the Israeli Defence Force they are called Manat Krav. Which means, combat meal. They aren’t that bad, after you get used to them and are hungry, that is. You’re usually to busy and on alert so much, that food kinda becomes something that you just want to wolf down and get over with. The only thing I really didn’t like was the tuna. For me, it’s pretty hard to make tuna taste good. It is really nice though when you don’t have to eat them anymore and you can eat what you want.
I lived off MREs for weeks in the aftermath of Katrina. They're bad.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25022.00
      11-11-2021, 09:30 AM   #11971
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtwo3 View Post
That's a thing here? I'm down
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveohwblow View Post
From what I’m told it was for a select group of folks who were trustworthy. I can think of more people in here I wouldn’t share my address with than those I would . So there’s that.
I participated in it a couple of years back. You have to be approved, no newbs, and everything worked out fine. I remember I had some guy in Los Angeles. I sent him some xbox or play station racing car game and a box of beignet mix from Cafe Du Monde. I think there was a third item, but I can't remember what it was. I think we had a $100 limit or something like that.

Another time I sent someone out west a shirt from BMW. Can't remember who that was either.
Appreciate 2
wtwo317966.50
Sedan_Clan25022.00
      11-11-2021, 09:35 AM   #11972
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtwo3 View Post
I was wondering how the sharing of addresses would work.
We had one person who everyone PM'd their address to and that person was also in charge of selecting who buys for who. The person in charge would PM you the username of the secret santa recipient and their address and you went out and purchased a gift and mailed it to their address. It was very easy.
Appreciate 1
wtwo317966.50
      11-11-2021, 09:37 AM   #11973
Mein11
Rep
Drives: Porsche 911, Chevy Colorado

One of our last stints, a participant received their gifts, never sent anything to their recipient, and completely ghosted the group, never even saying "hey sorry life caught up and couldn't do it". They're still active on here too. A person of well enough means, where some of the others it was tough for them to participate but did out of spirit.

Killed the vibe.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2021, 09:40 AM   #11974
wtwo3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 40i; 23 M3; 24 cooper s

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mein11 View Post
One of our last stints, a participant received their gifts, never sent anything to their recipient, and completely ghosted the group, never even saying "hey sorry life caught up and couldn't do it". They're still active on here too. A person of well enough means, where some of the others it was tough for them to participate but did out of spirit.

Killed the vibe.
Grinch alert

'20 BMW m340i... '20 BMW X5 40i... '16 Infiniti Q50 RS 400... '10 Lexus RX 350... '08 Lexus IS 350... '00 Nissan Maxima... '93 Nissan Maxima
Appreciate 4
King Rudi13154.00
Sara5791.00
Dang3r12512.00
      11-11-2021, 09:41 AM   #11975
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:

Killed the vibe.
Oh come on! I already said I was sorry. Man, you guys hold a grudge around here. If it didn't warm your heart to give a gift, regardless of being a recipient in return; you're missing the magic of Christmas.

disclaimer - I was not the one. This post is in jest, all of it; especially the magic of Christmas part. You'll find no other person who despises Christmas as much as I do. No decor, no tree and this year no gifts. (it's a cash only arrangement this year) In fact the entire holiday season doesn't exist in my home. The kids are coming for dinner on Thanksgiving, but we are having NY strips.
Appreciate 2
Sara5791.00
vreihen1615205.00
      11-11-2021, 09:43 AM   #11976
Mein11
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
Oh come on! I already said I was sorry. Man, you guys hold a grudge around here.
I wasn't referring to you, it's a different member. They failed to say sorry, which is a small gesture that goes a long way.

I don't think I was involved in any SS's that you've been a part of. Possibly during my couple years of being perma-banned.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      11-11-2021, 09:46 AM   #11977
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:

Killed the vibe.
That's shitty.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2021, 09:48 AM   #11978
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Oh come on! I already said I was sorry. Man, you guys hold a grudge around here. If it didn't warm your heart to give a gift, regardless of being a recipient in return; you're missing the magic of Christmas.

disclaimer - I was not the one. This post is in jest, all of it; especially the magic of Christmas part. You'll find no other person who despises Christmas as much as I do. No decor, no tree and this year no gifts. (it's a cash only arrangement this year) In fact the entire holiday season doesn't exist in my home. The kids are coming for dinner on Thanksgiving, but we are having NY strips.
I put my tree up on Halloween. I hung my stockings on my fireplace and changed all the decor in my kitchen to Christmas on November 1 Only thing left to get is a Christmas door wreath...still have my fall one up....waiting a bit on that so the neighbors don't think I'm one of those people
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13154.00
      11-11-2021, 09:49 AM   #11979
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I wasn't referring to you, it's a different member. They failed to say sorry, which is a small gesture that goes a long way.

I don't think I was involved in any SS's that you've been a part of. Possibly during my couple years of being perma-banned.
I was just playing. I haven't been a part of secret santa here. Bastards, the lot of you, for not inviting me. Now my feelings are hurt.

Again, I'm kidding. Too much caffeine and in a shitty mood, I'm trying to turn it around before starting an uncomfortable discussion with an employee.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2021, 09:52 AM   #11980
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara View Post
I put my tree up on Halloween. I hung my stockings on my fireplace and changed all the decor in my kitchen to Christmas on November 1 Only thing left to get is a Christmas door wreath...still have my fall one up....waiting a bit on that so the neighbors don't think I'm one of those people
Yeah a wreath would be too far right now. Good idea to wait a little bit. You know I'm f*cking with you.

I used to love to decorate for Christmas and get my boys excited about it. We had an...incident a few years ago on Christmas that ruined it for everyone in the family. It's a day we try to beat demons out of our heads with alcohol now. It's the one day out the year that I'm an alcoholic and there is never enough.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2021, 09:54 AM   #11981
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:

I used to love to decorate for Christmas and get my boys excited about it. We had an...incident a few years ago on Christmas that ruined it for everyone in the family. It's a day we try to beat demons out of our heads with alcohol now. It's the one day out the year that I'm an alcoholic and there is never enough.
That's how it's going to be with Mother's day in my family from now on. It's completely ruined. Our lives were shattered that day.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      11-11-2021, 10:56 AM   #11982
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara View Post
That's how it's going to be with Mother's day in my family from now on. It's completely ruined. Our lives were shattered that day.
I'm sorry to hear and can completely relate. Hugs.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2021, 11:10 AM   #11983
Mein11
Rep

Quote:
I was just playing. I haven't been a part of secret santa here. Bastards, the lot of you, for not inviting me. Now my feelings are hurt.

Again, I'm kidding. Too much caffeine and in a shitty mood, I'm trying to turn it around before starting an uncomfortable discussion with an employee.
Lol okay. I was going to say, I wasn't allowed back on here for about 3 years so I may have missed something.

I'm in a shitty mood too! Mostly just because of my company. 12 hour days, 4x responsibilities in past year, was on a 10% salary cut for 1 year of it, no raise the following. Needless to say, I plan on working as little as possible the rest of the year. They have one chance to retain me as an employee come next year.
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13154.00
      11-11-2021, 11:29 AM   #11984
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Lol okay. I was going to say, I wasn't allowed back on here for about 3 years so I may have missed something.

I'm in a shitty mood too! Mostly just because of my company. 12 hour days, 4x responsibilities in past year, was on a 10% salary cut for 1 year of it, no raise the following. Needless to say, I plan on working as little as possible the rest of the year. They have one chance to retain me as an employee come next year.
Same boat. Took a role as Lean Manufacturing Champion 2 years ago. I complete 3 zones/departments per quarter, that's a huge undertaking. With each passing wave, my responsibilities increase. With labor shortages, guess who lost employee assistance first? I'm basically a one man department. Research, finding solutions, pitching solutions for buy-in, then procurement, then implementing and sustaining. My position has now snow-balled into continual projects that I can not stay on top of with adding new zones every quarter.

Today's bullshit involves an employee overstepping his role and stepping directly on my toes. Material purchased and time spent researching all wasted, when I have other things I need to be focused on, because he didn't follow the instructions of "don't touch anything." He touched it all, f*cked it all up and now my budget is blown. I always appreciate help with projects, but when an employee is told specifically not to touch something, then does the exact opposite of that without approval.....yeah.... Already had a chat with his supervisor this morning. I'll be having a chat with the employee this afternoon.
Appreciate 3
Mein11422.00
ramman434712.00
      11-11-2021, 11:35 AM   #11985
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3

^^^
Kick his ass Seabass!
Appreciate 4
King Rudi13154.00
Dang3r12512.00
Mein11422.00
      11-11-2021, 11:45 AM   #11986
Mein11
Rep

Quote:
Same boat. Took a role as Lean Manufacturing Champion 2 years ago. I complete 3 zones/departments per quarter, that's a huge undertaking. With each passing wave, my responsibilities increase. With labor shortages, guess who lost employee assistance first? I'm basically a one man department. Research, finding solutions, pitching solutions for buy-in, then procurement, then implementing and sustaining. My position has now snow-balled into continual projects that I can not stay on top of with adding new zones every quarter.

Today's bullshit involves an employee overstepping his role and stepping directly on my toes. Material purchased and time spent researching all wasted, when I have other things I need to be focused on, because he didn't follow the instructions of "don't touch anything." He touched it all, f*cked it all up and now my budget is blown. I always appreciate help with projects, but when an employee is told specifically not to touch something, then does the exact opposite of that without approval.....yeah.... Already had a chat with his supervisor this morning. I'll be having a chat with the employee this afternoon.
Damn man, that's like a spinning image of the situation here. One man show, where the other sites I covered had at least one support employee. Here I have crib attendants, and that's all they do, so not much help on my end. Increasingly frustrating, and then they wonder why the best employees get burnt out.

Hoping the best for you dude, sounds like you got your wits on straight, it's just dealing with all the side bullshit.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      11-11-2021, 11:59 AM   #11987
fiveohwblow
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15, E46 & M3, F82

Quote:

Sounds like my exact situation. Corporate America is broken right now more than ever. It’s quite widespread.
Appreciate 3
King Rudi13154.00
Mein11422.00
      11-11-2021, 12:08 PM   #11988
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Damn man, that's like a spinning image of the situation here. One man show, where the other sites I covered had at least one support employee. Here I have crib attendants, and that's all they do, so not much help on my end. Increasingly frustrating, and then they wonder why the best employees get burnt out.

Hoping the best for you dude, sounds like you got your wits on straight, it's just dealing with all the side bullshit.
Thank you sir. Good luck to you as well.
Appreciate 1
Mein11422.00
      11-11-2021, 12:20 PM   #11989
Mein11
Rep

Quote:
Sounds like my exact situation. Corporate America is broken right now more than ever. It’s quite widespread.
Yep, everything is fucked. Work too hard to not be compensated appropriately. Company is making slightly less than 2018..., well guess what, they were still turning big profits in 2018, so fuck off with not being able to pay us / salary cuts. 10 years with these people, what a shame.
Appreciate 3
King Rudi13154.00
TiMSport12796.50
      11-11-2021, 12:22 PM   #11990
fiveohwblow
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15, E46 & M3, F82

Quote:
Quote:
Yep, everything is fucked. Work too hard to not be compensated appropriately. Company is making slightly less than 2018..., well guess what, they were still turning big profits in 2018, so fuck off with not being able to pay us / salary cuts. 10 years with these people, what a shame.
100%. To add insult to injury in my circumstances, my company was MORE profitable. It stings to see quarterly earnings statements exceeding expectations, a stock price at an all time high and attrition at an all time high. Figure it the fuck out IDIOTS.
Appreciate 3
Mein11422.00
King Rudi13154.00
TiMSport12796.50