BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > BMW 2019 LCI2 Screen Upgrade

04-17-2021, 06:54 AM   #1
connermurphy
Rep
Drives: BMW 120i Shadow Edition

BMW 2019 LCI2 Screen Upgrade

Hey,

I have seen multiple posts regarding upgrading the screen but most posts only really cover up to 2017 models and I've saw somewhere 2018/2019 F20 are slightly different in terms of hardware.

My car currently has the 6.5" Business Navigation ENAVEVO and I'm interested in fitting the larger 8.8" screen found on Pro Nav vehicles. I also want to have the ability to enable apple car play. Of the following, what will I need to do:
  • Swap the headunit to a Pro Nav Head Unit
  • Install the 8.8" Screen (of course)
  • Swap out for the touchpad iDrive Controller
  • Code something so the VINs Match

I've also seen in some places an emulator is required but not for 2018/2019 models. Can anyone with experience or knowledge on this please provide a conclusive answer for myself and those in the future who come searching!

Thanks

Last edited by connermurphy; 04-17-2021 at 09:57 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2021, 02:46 PM   #2
pegasocaballo
Jaime Solano
Colombia
Rep
Drives: BMW 120i F20 LCI 2018

Hello, I had the small screen when I bought my F20 2018, I changed the screen, but is not only the screen, You have to change the center module and the joystick to upgrade to the 8,8 screen. Now the interior has changed a lot only with this retrofit. try to find original parts, it is the best way. You can have apple carplay, navigation, the screen is beautiful and the sound improves a lot. search in internet for BMW coding and retrofit, for sure you will find a dealer in your city. I am in Colombia so I think I canīt help you more than telling you what I did. Salutes.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2021, 04:17 AM   #3
connermurphy
Rep
Drives: BMW 120i Shadow Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegasocaballo View Post
Hello, I had the small screen when I bought my F20 2018, I changed the screen, but is not only the screen, You have to change the center module and the joystick to upgrade to the 8,8 screen. Now the interior has changed a lot only with this retrofit. try to find original parts, it is the best way. You can have apple carplay, navigation, the screen is beautiful and the sound improves a lot. search in internet for BMW coding and retrofit, for sure you will find a dealer in your city. I am in Colombia so I think I canīt help you more than telling you what I did. Salutes.
Sounds awesome! I think you can just get away with upgrading the screen and some coding, but if you want to get the full works changing the Head Unit (center module) and the iDrive Controller (joystick) will definitely change the entire car.

Can you tell me if you had any emulator installed, or was it just swapping the parts and having the coder change the parameters and the VIN on the new head unit?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2021, 05:39 AM   #4
kubax86
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegasocaballo View Post
You don't need to change headunit and iDrive controller. You can change the screen only and do the right coding afterwards.
Appreciate 0