BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > Interior buzzing sound (fixed) [came from boot trim]

08-01-2018, 08:23 AM   #1
emil111
Second Lieutenant
Romania
Rep
Drives: BMW 114d

Interior buzzing sound (fixed) [came from boot trim]

Greetings i have recently encountered a small buzzing noise coming from the passenger/rear right side,i do not know exactly where it is coming from ,i have assumed that it might be from the central tunnel so i have removed the rear air vents console which clearly feels like an inferior plastic and put felt tape all around it and on the clips (now i can finally put my elbow on the armrest without any worries ) but it doesnt seem that the buzzing has stopped,is it from something else or do i need to put additional felt tape on the sides of the central tunnel? PS:i have wobbled the doors to see if they are the culprits and tries my best to wiggle the seat system but it doesnt seem that the buzz is coming from either of them
Daewoo Nubira II

Last edited by emil111; 09-19-2018 at 06:13 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2018, 12:42 PM   #2
emil111
Second Lieutenant
Romania
Rep

a picture to better understand the situation
Attached Images

Daewoo Nubira II
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2018, 05:11 PM   #3
JonnyBlade
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 116d

Internal door rattling

Hi All

First time post.
I have a mad rattling sound on both front doors driving me to distraction. The garage have had the door panel off, water seems to stop the rattle as does the windows being down the tiniest fraction. Window cradle is not loose.
I'm hoping you Guys have a fix in mind

Jonny
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2018, 10:37 PM   #4
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBlade View Post
Hi All

First time post.
I have a mad rattling sound on both front doors driving me to distraction. The garage have had the door panel off, water seems to stop the rattle as does the windows being down the tiniest fraction. Window cradle is not loose.
I'm hoping you Guys have a fix in mind

Jonny
Hi Jonny,

You chose the right author but a wrong thread. Here you are: Driver door/window creak (fixed) (now its back).
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2018, 06:09 AM   #5
emil111
Second Lieutenant
Romania
Rep

Turns out the sound came from the plastics surrounding the boot area,i have disassembled all the platics and turns out that 3 white arrowhead clips were moving inside their designated stations,i have applied cloth tape around the base of the clips (all arrowhead clips) and reattached them into their designated position and have also put some tape around the places where the plastics ends of the ornaments stick into eachother....there is also a cable which is already covered in tape that doesnt make any noise when touching it but the 2 clips (not arrowhead clips) that attached to it did make a small noise when touching them.....(clips hit body) i have put tesa tape under the clips.
The noise is gone now,hope this might help someone in the future...

This is how one removes the trims it is fairly easy.

Last edited by emil111; 09-19-2018 at 06:14 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2019, 04:09 AM   #6
fatihcr
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F20 LCI 116d 2016

hello emil, if noise didnt stop then you have to try below

problem:
https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f...f20/1VncGfsLxf

and fix:
https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f...f20/1VncNDjEbo

i tried everything and doesnt stop but it works ^^
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2019, 01:36 PM   #7
Y20DTH
Rep
Drives: F20 116i 2014

I hear a creacking noise coming from the back every time I hit a bump. I will try to dissasemble some of the interior trim of the tailgate to see if I can fix it. Thank you for the info.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2019, 09:25 AM   #8
emil111
Second Lieutenant
Romania
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y20DTH View Post
I hear a creacking noise coming from the back every time I hit a bump. I will try to dissasemble some of the interior trim of the tailgate to see if I can fix it. Thank you for the info.
remember to check the trim pieces first to see if they make a noise before removing them
Daewoo Nubira II
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2021, 10:56 AM   #9
amruthless
sleepyb58
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 340xi MPPSK

Quote:
Quote:
I shoved a pillow from a gaming chair into the rear deck shelf and the buzzing went away from the rear deck

Edit: do it in a way where the rear shelf looks even. When it's lifted up the buzzing stops. Remove the child seat latch covers - pull from the base, NOT the lid! Ez
Mods: MPPSK, ACS Springs, MPBK SRF turner lines, FTP chargepipe intakepipe, p3, blendmount r7 radar hardwire, front rear strut bar, motorsport stud conversion 82mm. MHD stage 2 xhp, stock + xhp custom settings
Appreciate 0