BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > DIY Guides and Instructions > N47 injector knocking & engine shaking

08-22-2018, 05:10 PM   #1
Dirkva
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 1er

Unhappy N47 injector knocking & engine shaking

Hey Guys,

I have a BMW F20 116d ED (manual) from 2012, and lately it seems that the engine started making a new sound, and sometimes starts shaking heavily.

I’ve made a few movies demonstrating the issue:

knocking sound

shaking gearshifter

Im desperate finding it’s cause and thinking about:
1. Maybe something injector related?
2. Could it be related to the chain issue on the N47 engine?

The sound especially appears on hot weather. making a very loud and ritmic knock. Im not 100% sure the knock and he staking of the engine are related. The gear shifter incidentally shakes heavily when having the right amount of gas (like 1500 rpm). And for some reason the shaking engine also randomly disappears sometimes in the same run. I’ve had the shaking while the car was standing still in front of the stoplight not even having it in a gear.

I scanned the car with ISTA-D and there was nothing significant other than that it had some
Issues with the battery, he said it was worn-out.

Hopefully someone can help me out on these questions. Thank you so much in advance.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2018, 10:44 AM   #2
Dirkva
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 1er

Researching

After some research and testing the injectors it seems they are the issue.

Via ista-d it showed that the 2nd cilinder injector should be replaced. Therefor I've now ordered new ones. I'll post a update if they're in and work.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2018, 07:54 AM   #3
akis
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw F20

Same Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkva View Post
After some research and testing the injectors it seems they are the issue.

Via ista-d it showed that the 2nd cilinder injector should be replaced. Therefor I've now ordered new ones. I'll post a update if they're in and work.
I have the same issue with my F20 116d ed. Will you replace all the injectors or the affected one ? Are you going to bmw dealership or other workshop and how much it costs ?
Appreciate 0