BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > 2013 BMW F20 M135i - Break Pedal Wall When Breaking...

07-07-2022, 02:07 AM   #1
Juan Carmen Chetty
Registered
Rep
Drives: F20 M135i - M Performance Edit

2013 BMW F20 M135i - Break Pedal Wall When Breaking...

Hi Guys

So every time I start the car and start driving, the first press of the break pedal always has like a wall at 50% breaking pressure, it feels as if the breaks dont work for 1-2 seconds and then activates, while being pressed at the wall the car also pulls to the left, and once the wall is broken the breaking resumes to normal.

We have done a lot of testing, replaced the non return valve break pipe and it still has an issue, I have even figured out how to initiate this more often, as we have removed the DSC/ABS plug, start the car, drive it and there is no problem or wall, then when you stop switch off, and plug the controller unit plug in, the very first break pedal push has a wall mid way.

We are stuck for solutions, and have had two BMW techs look at it with no solution, and the BMW Dealership doesnt have a clue eirther and they saying that replacing the DSC Unit is a option at $2100 dollars.

I have googled online and haven't seen any one with this issue.

Some speculation of the issues from Online and Mechanics, not sure if this helps...

ABS Sensor Replacement ( Can Cause Issues with DSC )

Recalibration of the DSC Unit ( BMW Dealership doesnt do this, anyone know if its possible ? )

Master Cylinder Seal Inverting

Please can someone assist if they have any information...
Appreciate 0