BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > M135i X-Drive - what setup of diffs?

07-10-2012, 10:28 AM   #1
benjamin84
Enlisted Member
Norway
Rep
Drives: 120d M-Sport Coupe

M135i X-Drive - what setup of diffs?

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Hi!

I am considering a 5-door M135i, and debating wether to get it with RWD or X-Drive. Does anyone know how the X-Drive will be set up for this car? I.e., what kind of centre diff, will there be a rear LSD / torque vectoring setup?

I ask because I love the Quafe diff fitted to my 120d, but as the M135i will most likely have a welded crown gear the cost of fitting one will be extortionate here in Norway. Hence the X-drive might be able to provide the same, or more, thrills in the snow, depending on how it is set up

/Ben
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2012, 12:56 AM   #2
Onehp
Enlisted Member
Sweden
Rep
Drives: GT86+

I'm wondering the same, although I am not as rich or crazy as you apparently are
I see no reason why the set-up would be different to the system available in the x1 or the 320d xDrive, 335i xDrive etc. So basically a rwd with a wet multi plate clutch that can pitch in the front axle, electronically controlled. Only heard good things about it and having fun in the snow will be no problem:

More concerned how it affects summer driving... And the fact that a 120d xDrive still makes more sense....
Appreciate 0