BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > Gearbox GS6-45DZ swap to GS6-17DG?

10-26-2019, 05:18 AM   #1
bart91
Rep
Drives: F31 2014 318D

Gearbox GS6-45DZ swap to GS6-17DG?

Hi Guys,

After couple of weeks struggling with identification of the noise source as in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=XobSt4hI9gw

Starting from the 3rd gear on min 40 km/h i can hear metallic grinding (not in the frequency of wheel rotation) that stays even when i will turn off the engine and roll withouth gear engaged. And as soon as I will drop below 40 km/h it is gone.

Finallzy found the problem by lifting up and engaging the gear - transmission, synchroring for reverse (although no problems with it at all) is making this sound of grinding. Looking on german forums, problem was solved by BMW in thoose gearboxes at 23/03/2013 by ZF improving this synchroring.

Since I have a car before this date, 125d, having those noises, was looking for the prices of the gearboxes and thez are not the cheepest ones. Wanted to ask You if it is possible to change it to GS6-17DG?
Appreciate 0