BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > Need help with alarm

10-26-2018, 04:13 PM   #1
93rsimpson
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2012 118D

Need help with alarm

Hi everyone, i'm having issues with my alarm that im hoping someone on here can help with.

I have a 2012 F20 118D, and last week the alarm started going off randomly. all windows and doors are shut and there's no obvious reason why its happening. I gave the battery a quick check and it had 12-13v over it, but i haven't tested it since last weekend. it started off with the quiet alarm that comes from the tilt sensor i think. then after a few days it started setting the louder one off. i have just had the side light error come on but haven't had chance to get a replacement to put in yet. could that have an effect?

sometimes the alarm goes off instantly and sometimes it waits 5 minutes before going off. i've had it plugged into ista and it says "siren with tilt alarm sensor" and "interior movement detector sensor" both errors state "undervoltage in internal power supply detected". earlier when it went off the alarm did not stop straight away once i unlocked it, it kept going and stopping for a further 5 cycles before it stopped, i had just been in the car with ista plugged in, is this because of battery voltage?

any ideas why this is happening? is it time to replace the battery?
any help would be great, thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2018, 04:39 PM   #2
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

When the battery is low they turn the cabin ventilation off (I might have been just lucky to defrost the windshield and the very corners of the front windows to see the mirrors once). Besides that I had a Check Control message. I'm not too sure but I guess I saw the low battery error at the service after that... The state of the battery is controlled by the computer. If everything but the alarm is fine have the alarm checked. And keep the battery full.
Appreciate 0