BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > 2012 1-series (F20) Turbo 3-Door Hatch Spied

07-21-2010, 11:44 AM   #45
comar1979
130i Treiber
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW 130i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
What the? Are you talking about the photos on page one? You realize this a test mule, and those aren't production lights, right? You can see the outline of the actual lights as a cut line in the swirly camo, but the tail lights aren't really decipherable.

Just as a bonus, the orange tape on the mirror is not a turn signal. BMW has done this on the last few test mules.
+1

That lights got nothing to do with the Lights they put in when its done
# BMW 130i /// + SPARCO Assetto Gara 8x18 bronze + KW + PP SteeringWheel II +PP Exhaust +PP Kidneys + PP AirFilter + PP Style Flaps + PP SS Kit + AC-Schnitzer Gear Knob + MorVision Diffusor + LCI Blacklines high + GroundZero-Audio #
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2010, 11:51 AM   #46
tritonx
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 128i, '92 325is

Garage List
2011 128i  [0.00]
1992 325is  [0.00]
1994 318is  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by comar1979 View Post
+1

That lights got nothing to do with the Lights they put in when its done
I hope so, tell me it's the same for the rear, look like it comes from the 60's.
      07-21-2010, 12:00 PM   #47
comar1979
130i Treiber
Germany
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tritonx View Post
I hope so, tell me it's the same for the rear, look like it comes from the 60's.
Mhh.. nope sorry... the rear Light are going 1:1 like this in Production
# BMW 130i /// + SPARCO Assetto Gara 8x18 bronze + KW + PP SteeringWheel II +PP Exhaust +PP Kidneys + PP AirFilter + PP Style Flaps + PP SS Kit + AC-Schnitzer Gear Knob + MorVision Diffusor + LCI Blacklines high + GroundZero-Audio #
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2010, 12:27 PM   #48
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
For Example. One Liter Super is here right now 1.45€. That means 1 Gallone = 7,058 USD . How much is 1 Gallone right now in the US?

Greetz

Marco
I paid $2.85/gal for 98 RON the other day. Which, if my math is right, is about 0.58€/l. But I'd gladly pay your prices for use of the Autobahn.

I used to work in Neu Isenberg outside of Frankfurt and miss Germany and the roads. I also had access to the LH carpool, which is where I learned to love the 1er hatch.

tschüß,
Ben
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2010, 12:44 PM   #49
comar1979
130i Treiber
Germany
Rep

Garage List
Servus Ben,

dann verstehst Du ja deutsch, oder!? Was ist denn eine Steuerkette auf englisch?

Yep... the Autobahn is a fine Thing But iám sure... sooner or later we become an 130-150 km/h Limit. Theres more and more Traffic every day

The German Car Builder Lobby is strong, but its not the NRA

Grüße

Marco
P.S: how long did you lived in Germany?
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2010, 12:55 PM   #50
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The German Car Builder Lobby is strong, but its not the NRA

Okay, this made me laugh. I hate to see speed limits, but I think you're right, you will get them.

I speak a little German, but it's pretty poor recently, I haven't been over in a few years and I was never very good at typing it. I was there for a little under four years.

Steuerkette is a timing chain in English, and yes, that would be the near opposite of the Japanese and their timing belts that require frequent replacement.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2010, 05:06 PM   #51
comar1979
130i Treiber
Germany
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Okay, this made me laugh. I hate to see speed limits, but I think you're right, you will get them.

I speak a little German, but it's pretty poor recently, I haven't been over in a few years and I was never very good at typing it. I was there for a little under four years.

Steuerkette is a timing chain in English, and yes, that would be the near opposite of the Japanese and their timing belts that require frequent replacement.
Yep... I speak better english than typing too

I was in 2000 for a month in Lexington/Kentucky... It was pretty difficult for me getting from my "school english" to that kind of englisch... But at least i made it

Timing Chain makes Sense... Sometimes its pretty Simple... Its 1:1 from Ger to english

Greetz

Marco
P.S: that iPad Keyboard will kill me sooner or later
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2010, 12:26 PM   #52
Iron Man
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Could you cite examples? The timing chain on my current Japanese engine goes 100,000+ miles easy. Also, the timing belt I had on my previous Japanese engine required replacement at 60,000 miles, which I thought was reasonable.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2010, 12:53 PM   #53
comar1979
130i Treiber
Germany
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Man View Post
Could you cite examples? The timing chain on my current Japanese engine goes 100,000+ miles easy. Also, the timing belt I had on my previous Japanese engine required replacement at 60,000 miles, which I thought was reasonable.
For example, the Timing Belt from my GF´s VW Polo needed to be Replaced every 70.000 km! Thats about 40.000 Miles ... I know that the replacing of an Timing Belt from an Alfa TDI Engine is about 800 - 1000.-€
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2010, 12:57 PM   #54
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep

Typically, in the life of a car, the timing chain is considered to last the full life, while a timing belt needs replacement, typically every 60k miles. This is an additional expense of ownership to timing belt cars that gives a slight advantage to timing chains, at the expense of slightly more engine noise.

Audi is a great example of expensive charges to change timing belts, A4's generally required a $1,500 service for a timing belt replacement, and TDi VW's and Audii usually required a change every 40k miles, making any potential fuel savings sort of moot when you considered the full cost to run one.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2010, 11:33 AM   #55
Iron Man
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
For example, the Timing Belt from my GF´s VW Polo needed to be Replaced every 70.000 km! Thats about 40.000 Miles ... I know that the replacing of an Timing Belt from an Alfa TDI Engine is about 800 - 1000.-€
A VW and Alfa are not Japanese engines.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2010, 11:37 AM   #56
Iron Man
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Typically, in the life of a car, the timing chain is considered to last the full life, while a timing belt needs replacement, typically every 60k miles. This is an additional expense of ownership to timing belt cars that gives a slight advantage to timing chains, at the expense of slightly more engine noise.

Audi is a great example of expensive charges to change timing belts, A4's generally required a $1,500 service for a timing belt replacement, and TDi VW's and Audii usually required a change every 40k miles, making any potential fuel savings sort of moot when you considered the full cost to run one.
Most all Honda/Acura 4-cylinder engines have timing chains, which last the life of the engine (counter to your generic Japanese engine statement). They do have timing belts in their V6 engines. Does BMW have timing belts or chains in their I6 engines?
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2010, 12:13 PM   #57
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Man View Post
Most all Honda/Acura 4-cylinder engines have timing chains, which last the life of the engine (counter to your generic Japanese engine statement). They do have timing belts in their V6 engines. Does BMW have timing belts or chains in their I6 engines?
Good grief. I like your TSX, it's a nice car. The Japanese build nice stuff. I own a few things they've made.

Each of the Japanese cars I've owned, which would be a total of four, a CRX, a Civic, a Mitsu Eclipse and a Miata all had timing belts. My mistake if I generalized a little too much. Plenty of Germans, Swedes and Koreans use timing belts too.

BMW has used chains on all of their engines since the late eighties or so.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2010, 09:42 AM   #58
Iron Man
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Good grief. I like your TSX, it's a nice car. The Japanese build nice stuff. I own a few things they've made.

Each of the Japanese cars I've owned, which would be a total of four, a CRX, a Civic, a Mitsu Eclipse and a Miata all had timing belts. My mistake if I generalized a little too much. Plenty of Germans, Swedes and Koreans use timing belts too.

BMW has used chains on all of their engines since the late eighties or so.
Sorry, wasn't really trying to be an ass about it (just wanted to clarify). I'm glad BMW's have chains instead of belts, I prefer the life of the chain and can live with the added noise.
Appreciate 0