BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > iPhone Snap-In Adapter

06-21-2012, 09:42 AM   #1
misanty
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320D GT

iPhone Snap-In Adapter

Hi All

Me again fiddling around with the car and iPhone. I have a bunch of options on the car including the adapter under the arm rest for a snap-in adapter and option 6NR which is meant to give me bits of other functionality.

I am aware that I should be able to play video content on the screen whilst the car is stationary from the iPhone as well as have a more 'iPod' like look and feel when playing music from the iPhone. My dealer had said this was all possible using the white apple USB cable but I can't seem to access it.

Whilst trawling around the internet I came across this document clicky which suggests I need to get the appropriate adapter for the iPhone.

My question is 'which adapter' there seem to be a multitude of adapters - basic, music & media and then to further confuse it I have seen mention of various hardware revisions....

Has anyone got any experience of this and can point me to the right adapter - for reference my car spec is below:

ZOA Driver Comfort Package

216 Servotronic Steering
507 PDC Rear
544 Cruise

ZOD Sun Protection Package

3AP Windscreen Grey Shade Band
420 Sun protection glass

ZOF Media Package - Professional Multimedia

609 Pro Nav
612 BMW Assist
616 Assist Online Portal
6NL Enhanced Bluetooth with USB Audio

258 RunFlat
431 Autodimming Mirror
481 Sport Seats
494 Heated Seats
4AD Aluminium Trim
4DL Black Trim Finishers
520 FogLights
521 Auto Wipers & Lights
654 DAB
6NF Telephone USB I/F
6NR Mobile App
6WA Black Panel Display
704 M-Sport Suspension
710 M Steering Wheel
715 M bodykit
760 Exterior Trim Shadowline
775 Anthracite Headlining
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2012, 10:24 AM   #2
Koalway Kid
Koalway Kid 69
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 120D Sport (f20)

Garage List
I have similar spec car with Pro Nav / Enhanced Bluetooth / Office etc and looking to change over from Blackberry to Iphone soon ... I have a Y cable for my Ipod... didn’t realise i'd need more cables and adapters but keen to know if video play back is achievable !
120D Sport (F20) Bk Sapphire/Coral Red/Piano trim/Sport Seats/18” 385 wheels/ Sport 8 speed step auto/Park Assist/Internet/Office/3D Nav/DAB radio/ Harmon Kardon/M Sport suspension/Anthracite headlining/ Driver comfort package/Interior comfort package/ Visibility package/Sun protection package/BMW Pro Media package/Variable m sport steering/PDC
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2012, 06:04 PM   #3
techjunky
Rep
Drives: 120d Sport

Media Snap-in Adapter

Misanty,

I have just picked up a snap-in media adapter for my iPhone 4S today for my 120d which has
ZOF (Professional Media)
609 (Nav System)
6NL (Enhanced Bluetooth)
I can't see anything in the options list that would give a higher spec for media as the 6NL has 'telematics' over the 6NK option.
I can see all the music on my USB stick, but the iPhone will only play the current album that was played directly on the phone via Bluetooth.
I have checked and the car appears to have the 'combo' box, I'm not sure if I need to have any coding done to enable the comms to the phone.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 03:02 PM   #4
Koalway Kid
Koalway Kid 69
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
If you have Z0F media package, can you retro fit 6NF & 6NR? Or re-code the system?
120D Sport (F20) Bk Sapphire/Coral Red/Piano trim/Sport Seats/18” 385 wheels/ Sport 8 speed step auto/Park Assist/Internet/Office/3D Nav/DAB radio/ Harmon Kardon/M Sport suspension/Anthracite headlining/ Driver comfort package/Interior comfort package/ Visibility package/Sun protection package/BMW Pro Media package/Variable m sport steering/PDC
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 04:23 AM   #5
Koalway Kid
Koalway Kid 69
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koalway Kid View Post
If you have Z0F media package, can you retro fit 6NF & 6NR? Or re-code the system?
Sytner have told me that no retro-fit is avalible yet, but they've had lots of enquries... They are contacting BMW direct to get an update.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 04:52 AM   #6
Ozolz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 116i m-sport 2014

Just a tip if you are getting the snap-in adapter. Get the media one with the built in fan. Without this one the phone will be burning hot after a while in the adapter. Costs a bit more but worth it if you dont want an iPhone that can burn your hand...
Appreciate 0